North Korea may respond to Trump’s visit to Peninsula with new missile test
A reporter from McClatchy News left an MSNBC panel in stunned silence when she claimed that North Korea might test a missile during US President Donald Trump’s visit to Asia in November, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
"What experts are telling me, though, is that there might be a missile test by North Korea while President Trump is traveling," said McClatchy News reporter Anita Kumar. "That's going to put him on the spot while he's in China or South Korea."
"So that would be huge," Kumar adding. "He'd have to decide then and there how to react."
It wouldn't be the first time that Pyongyang timed a missile test to give it symbolic significance. On July 4, American Independence Day, North Korea test-fired their Hwasong-14, the North's first-ever successful ICBM test. Previous DPRK missile tests have also been timed to respond to US and South Korean military exercises.
Trump's Asia tour is expected to include stops in South Korea, China, the Philippines and Vietnam. However, Kumar said, the president's "number one top priority is North Korea."
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 31.10.2017Taliban says American hostage’s health has ‘exponentially worsened’
- 31.10.2017At least 7 people killed in Israeli operation in Gaza
- 31.10.2017Magnitude 6.8 earthquake strikes near New Caledonia
- 31.10.2017Pakistani Taliban commander killed in US drone strike
- 29.10.2017Mattis, in Seoul, says U.S. can't accept nuclear North Korea
- 29.10.2017Iraqi Kurdistan's President will not run for next term - UPDATED