Netanyahu, Putin discussed Syria, Iran in phone talk
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday held a phone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin, during which the two leaders discussed the Iran nuclear program, Syrian crisis and agreed to meet as soon as possible, the Israeli Prime Minister's Office said, APA reports quoting spoutniknews.
The phone conversation took place following Netanyahu's announcement that the Israeli intelligence service managed to collect about half a tonne of secret materials, including 55,000 pages of text documents, proving that Iran possesses a nuclear weapons program, codenamed Project Amad.
"Tonight, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had a phone conversation with Russian President Vladimir Putin after the publication of documents on Iranian nuclear arms program. The two leaders have also discussed the situation in Syria and agreed to meet as soon as possible," the Israeli prime minister's office said in its statement.
Also, the Kremlin said in a statement that Vladimir Putin confirmed Russia’s stance that Iranian nuclear deal must be strictly observed by all parties to the accord during the telephone talks.
"At the initiative of the Israeli side, Russian President Vladimir Putin held a telephone conversation with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. They discussed the situation around the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), taking into account the statement made today by the Israeli prime minister in this regard. Vladimir Putin reiterated Russia's position that the JCPOA, which is of paramount importance for ensuring international stability and security, must be strictly observed by all parties," the statement said.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Syrian state media says U.S. struck army base, U.S. denies
- 24.05.2018At least four killed, 15 wounded in Baghdad bomb blast
- 24.05.2018N Korean FM: Trump-Kim Summit Depends on 'US Behavior
- 24.05.2018Iran leader blasts U.S. for 'theatrical' pullout from nuclear deal
- 23.05.2018Iran's Zarif calls Pompeo's comments 'untrue', based on 'old illusions': state TV
- 23.05.2018Israeli air strikes target boat moored in Gaza
- 23.05.2018North Korea allows South Korea reporters to visit nuclear site
- 23.05.2018Saudi Arabia expands crackdown on women's rights activists
- 23.05.2018Iraqi PM rules out fresh polls amid rigging allegations
- 22.05.2018Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official
- 22.05.2018Airstrike neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in E. Turkey
- 22.05.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred in northern Iraq
- 22.05.2018Over 60 die of heatstroke in Pakistan's largest city
- 21.05.2018Palestine’s Abbas to leave hospital soon: PLO official
- 21.05.2018Vietnam says Chinese bombers in disputed South China Sea increase tensions
- 21.05.2018Iran's presence in Syria at Damascus' demand: Tehran
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 15.05.2018N Korea suspends talks with South over their joint drills with US
- 15.05.2018Palestinian leader Abbas hospitalized for surgery
- 15.05.2018Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 59 - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Fiery cleric Sadr taps anger over Iran to lead Iraq poll
- 15.05.2018Hezbollah says rocket attack on Israeli-occupied Golan marks 'new phase'
- 15.05.2018Netanyahu calls Israeli actions in Gaza self-defense against Hamas
- 01.05.2018Israeli parliament gives PM authority to declare war
- 01.05.2018China, Dominican Republic to establish diplomatic ties: China's top diplomat
- 02.05.2018Damascus, armed opposition agree on militant withdrawal from Homs - agency
- 01.05.2018Israel accuses Iran of continuing nuclear program
- 30.04.2018Iranian state TV dismisses Netanyahu's nuclear presentation as 'propaganda'
- 30.04.2018Iran's judiciary bans using Telegram instant messaging app