Mongolia and Singapore are the favorites to host Trump's meeting with Kim Jong-un
The list was narrowed down on Saturday after Trump spoke with South Korean president Moon Jae-in who made history on Friday by welcoming Jong-un after decades of frosty relations.
After their meeting, Trump and Jae-in spoke on the phone to discuss his looming meeting and the president, as is often the case on Saturday mornings, kept the nation updated on Twitter.
'Just had a long and very good talk with President Moon of South Korea. Things are going very well, time and location of meeting with North Korea is being set.
'Also spoke to Prime Minister Abe of Japan to inform him of the ongoing negotiations,' he said.
CBS's Major Garrett cites sources who says Mongolia and Singapore are the favorites. Trump would not be drawn on the details of where the meeting will take place or when but told reporters on Friday that it would happen in the next few weeks.
'We're down to two countries as to a site, and we'll let you know what that site is,' he said, during a news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
Moon vowed earlier this week 'there will be no more war' and the pair agreed to 'complete denuclearisation', a stunning victory after months of frightening threats and missile tests.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018Over 40 improvised bombs destroyed at Syria’s Yarmouk camp
- 27.05.2018Israel airstrikes target Hamas positions in Gaza
- 26.05.2018Bombs target Iraq communist party headquarters
- 25.05.2018IAEA report confirms Iran's commitment to nuclear agreement
- 25.05.2018North Korea says it's still willing to meet with Trump
- 25.05.2018Over 185 undocumented migrants held in western Turkey
- 24.05.2018Syrian state media says U.S. struck army base, U.S. denies
- 24.05.2018At least four killed, 15 wounded in Baghdad bomb blast
- 24.05.2018N Korean FM: Trump-Kim Summit Depends on 'US Behavior
- 24.05.2018Iran leader blasts U.S. for 'theatrical' pullout from nuclear deal
- 23.05.2018Iran's Zarif calls Pompeo's comments 'untrue', based on 'old illusions': state TV
- 23.05.2018Israeli air strikes target boat moored in Gaza
- 23.05.2018North Korea allows South Korea reporters to visit nuclear site
- 23.05.2018Saudi Arabia expands crackdown on women's rights activists
- 23.05.2018Iraqi PM rules out fresh polls amid rigging allegations
- 22.05.2018Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official
- 22.05.2018Airstrike neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in E. Turkey
- 22.05.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred in northern Iraq
- 22.05.2018Over 60 die of heatstroke in Pakistan's largest city
- 21.05.2018Palestine’s Abbas to leave hospital soon: PLO official
- 21.05.2018Vietnam says Chinese bombers in disputed South China Sea increase tensions
- 21.05.2018Iran's presence in Syria at Damascus' demand: Tehran
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 29.04.2018North Korea to close Punggye-ri nuclear test site in May
- 30.04.2018Iran's judiciary bans using Telegram instant messaging app
- 30.04.2018Iranian state TV dismisses Netanyahu's nuclear presentation as 'propaganda'
- 28.04.2018Top ISIS leader arrested in Mosul's left bank
- 28.04.2018Coalition forces strike Houthi sites in Yemen's capital
- 28.04.2018North Korea test site still usable, closure easily reversed: U.S. intelligence