Military storage unit in Iran explodes
An explosion occurred in a military storage unit in the western Iranian city of Dezful on Wednesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Speaking to the Tehran-based Mehr News Agency, Dezful Lieutenant Governor Emir Isazade said that the explosion at the Dezful 292nd Armored Brigade happened at 9.15 p.m. local time (1745GMT).
Isazade said that a fire spread to the weaponry but the explosion's cause is unclear.
He added that the explosion caused fear and worry among residents in Dezful and the brigade was evacuated after the explosion.
Giving no details about the casualties, he said that firefighters are struggling to keep the blaze under control.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Military personnel martyred in plane crash in Turkey - UPDATED
- 22.03.2018Military training aircraft crashes in central Turkey
- 22.03.2018Turkey, Free Syrian Army clear 4 more villages in Afrin
- 20.03.2018Daesh kills one officer, injures two in northern Iraq
- 18.03.2018Iran security service arrest close ally of ex-president Ahmadinejad
- 17.03.2018Turkish troops reunite in Afrin's north
- 17.03.2018China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 16.03.2018Iran won’t renegotiate 2015 nuke deal: Deputy FM
- 16.03.2018U.S. military helicopter crashes in Iraq with seven aboard
- 14.03.2018Explosion kills 9 in northeast Pakistan
- 14.03.2018Deputy of ex-Iranian president remanded in custody
- 14.03.2018Two civilians killed in Damascus in shelling by militants
- 13.03.2018Iranian official blames UK for London embassy incident
- 13.03.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu urges feuding coalition to remain intact
- 12.03.2018At least 50 dead as Bangladeshi passenger plane crashes at Kathmandu airport - UPDATED-2
- 11.03.2018Military vehicle crash in Turkey martyrs one soldier
- 11.03.2018So-called leaders of YPG/PKK 'fleeing' Afrin
- 10.03.2018Iran expresses protest to UK over incident with embassy in London – FM
- 10.03.20188 terrorists 'neutralized' this week in Turkey, N Iraq
- 07.03.2018Terrorists force Afrin residents to dig ditches
- 07.03.20181 killed in car bomb blast in Syria's Al-Bab
- 06.03.2018Russian transport plane crashes in Syria
- 06.03.2018Wedding party truck plunges off a bridge in India, killing 25
- 06.03.2018Koreas reach 'satisfactory' agreement
- 06.03.2018Iran: We can resume enriching weapons-grade uranium in 'less than 48 hours'
- 05.03.2018'More than 40 militants' killed in Afghanistan
- 05.03.2018Papua New Guinea quake kills 80 people
- 04.03.2018N. Korea warns U.S. not to misjudge intention for talks
- 03.03.2018Saudi Arabia holds first-ever marathon for women
- 03.03.2018Turkish female troops provide backup in Afrin operation
- 03.03.2018North Korea threatens to 'counter' U.S. over military drills
- 03.03.2018Three Australians die, more sick in listeria outbreak tied to melons
- 02.03.2018Saudi Arabia lifts 35-year-long ban on cinemas
- 02.03.2018South Korea plans to send envoy to North Korea soon
- 02.03.20188 Turkish soldiers martyred, 13 wounded in Afrin
- 02.03.2018Iran detains 35 women for going to football match
- 02.03.2018IED blast kills 2 in Afghanistan
- 01.03.2018Iran urges political solution to Yemen, Syria crises
- 01.03.2018Passenger plane makes emergency landing in Kyrgyzstan
- 01.03.2018İSİL-linked suspected couple arrested in SE Turkey
- 08.03.2018Israel will always control Jordan Valley: Netanyahu
- 09.03.2018Iranian farmers stage protest in drought-hit Isfahan
- 10.03.2018North Korean state media quiet on Kim Jong Un's overtures to Trump
- 08.03.2018Israel's El Al seeks U.N. help in bid to fly through Saudi airspace
- 07.03.2018Suicide bomber kills Muslim official in Afghan city
- 07.03.2018Ex-Iran leader warns of mounting public 'disaffection'