Japanese PM urges Russia to collaborate in untangling situation around DPRK
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has urged Russia to collaborate against the policies pursued by the DPRK and voiced the hope joint steps on the part of Japan and Russia would help scale down the current tensions on the Korean Peninsula, APA reports quoting TASS.
He said it in an interview with Channel One Russia’s show ‘Nighttime with Vladimir Solovyov’.
"I hope the joint actions on the part of Japan and Russia and the entire world community, including a still tougher resolution of the UN Security Council, and utmost pressure on North Korea will bring about changes in its policies," Abe said. "For this purpose, I call on Russia to cooperate so that it would resolutely show initiative in the current situation."
He added that Japan and Russia had agreed to cooperate at diverse levels.
"We agreed to hold an in-depth discussion of the problem at a meeting in Vladivostok," Abe said.
The situation in Korean remains extremely tense in the wake of DPRK’s steps to ramify its nuclear and missile program. The country held two ballistic missile tests in July and launched a yet another missile on August 29.
On September 3, it announced a successful test of a thermonuclear explosive that could be used as a warhead at an intercontinental ballistic missile.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017North Korea punishes top military leaders
- 22.11.2017Russian president, Israeli prime minister discuss Mideast settlement in Syrian context
- 22.11.2017Journalist shot dead at point blank range by police in northeast India
- 21.11.2017Army chiefs discuss de-escalation zones in Syria
- 21.11.2017Iranian president declares end to ISIS
- 21.11.2017Pakistani forces rescue 18 hostages near Iran’s border
- 21.11.2017At least three dead, 20 feared trapped after plant in India collapses
- 21.11.2017Suspected cholera cases in Yemen hit 940,000: WHO
- 20.11.2017Iran president due in Russia on Wednesday for tripartite talks
- 20.11.2017Third round of Iran-EU talks kicks off in Tehran
- 20.11.2017Iraq top court declares Kurdish referendum ‘unconstitutional’
- 20.11.2017Tuck-minibus collision leaves 17 dead in Pakistan
- 19.11.2017Syrian army clashes with IS in Abu Kamal — SANA
- 19.11.2017Militants shell southeastern outskirts of Damascus — media
- 18.11.2017India's Manushi Chhillar wins Miss World 2017
- 18.11.2017Japanese tug boat crashes into US warship during exercise
- 18.11.20173 PKK terrorists killed in northern Iraq
- 18.11.20176.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern China
- 18.11.2017Japan begins disposal of radioactive waste from Fukushima disaster
- 18.11.2017Hariri to leave Saudi Arabia for France on Friday: MP
- 17.11.2017World's first human head transplant carried out
- 17.11.2017Yemeni governor announces resignation
- 16.11.2017Pakistan's parliament restores finality of prophet law
- 16.11.2017Suicide bomber kills nine near Afghan political meeting
- 16.11.20172,200 cholera deaths recorded in Yemen since April: WHO
- 15.11.201748 terrorists killed, 13 villages taken in Iraq's Anbar
- 15.11.2017Opium production in Afghanistan hits record high: UN
- 15.11.2017East China road accident death toll rises to 18
- 15.11.2017Muslim state’s meddling in Lebanon ‘shameful’: Iran’s Rouhani
- 15.11.2017Indonesian police officer killed in shooting near Freeport mine
- 14.11.2017Syrian National Dialogue Congress to be held in early December
- 14.11.20175 PKK terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey
- 14.11.201722 policemen killed in Taliban group attack in Afghanistan
- 14.11.2017Air strikes kill 29 in market in northern Syria
- 14.11.2017Defecting North Korean soldier shot in back, survives to cross DMZ
- 14.11.2017Saudi Arabia to meet Syrian opposition next week
- 14.11.2017Army retakes 6 villages in western Iraq from Daesh
- 13.11.2017Strong earthquake hits Iran-Iraq border, kills about 450 - UPDATED-3
- 13.11.2017Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: U.N. watchdog report
- 13.11.201725 militants surrender to Syrian authorities in Aleppo province
- 07.09.2017Syrian army fights to secure corridor into Deir al-Zor
- 07.09.2017Syrian opposition must accept it has not won the war: U.N.
- 07.09.2017Two PKK terrorists killed in northern Iraq
- 06.09.2017Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan sign historic border agreement
- 06.09.2017Iran hails cooperation between OPEC, non-OPEC countries for maintaining oil market stability
- 05.09.2017Syrian army breaks 3-year IS siege to Deir al-Zour