Israeli air strikes target boat moored in Gaza
Israeli aircraft destroyed a boat moored in Gaza city early on Wednesday morning, local residents said. There were no reports of casualties, APA reports citiing Reuters.
The Israeli military said aircraft had struck “military targets belonging to the Hamas terror organization’s naval force” and “underground terror infrastructure” belonging to Hamas in the northern Gaza Strip.
The military said the air strikes were carried out in response to an incident on Tuesday when a group of men from Gaza broke through the border fence into Israel and set fire to an army post. An Israeli tank then targeted a Hamas observation post. No casualties were reported.
Gaza residents said the vessel that was hit by missiles was set ablaze. They said it was due to sail to meet a flotilla of boats hoping to reach Gaza. Israel maintains a naval blockade of the Gaza Strip and has in the past stopped other boats from reaching it shores.
Violence along the Israel-Gaza border reached a peak on May 14 when Gaza medical sources said at least 60 Palestinian protesters were killed by Israeli gunfire. It has subsided but there are sporadic flare-ups.
Since the border protests began on March 30, 110 Palestinians have been killed, Gaza medical officials said.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018Indonesia: 3 civiliians killed in separatist attack
- 25.06.2018Abbas Ready to Meet Netanyahu in Moscow - Palestinian Ambassador
- 25.06.2018Elections in Turkey held in compliance with int’l standards: TURKPA
- 24.06.2018Russian military demines Syria's Al-Naseriyah, South Douma
- 24.06.2018Senior Iranian Commander killed in Syria
- 24.06.2018Landmark day for Saudi women as kingdom's controversial driving ban ends
- 23.06.2018Turkey neutralizes at least 11 PKK terrorists in ops
- 23.06.20186 killed in landslide in Myanmar's northernmost state
- 22.06.2018Turkish army neutralizes 87 PKK terrorists in a week
- 22.06.2018Saudi-led coalition faces tough battle for Yemen's Hodeidah port
- 21.06.2018Trump: North Korea blowing up test sites, 'total denuclearization...has already started'
- 21.06.2018Syria’s Idlib rocked by twin bombings; 5 killed
- 21.06.2018North Korea preparing to destroy ICBM test site
- 21.06.201810 killed in road accident in NW Pakistan
- 21.06.2018Turkish airstrikes cause serious losses to PKK in Iraq
- 20.06.2018More than 240 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 20.06.2018Iran says no plans to increase missile range, rejects talks with Trump
- 20.06.2018North Korea expected to begin transferring remains of U.S. troops soon: officials
- 20.06.2018North Korea, China discuss 'true peace', denuclearization: KCNA
- 20.06.2018Uzbekistan starts direct negotiations with Taliban
- 20.06.2018Afghan president offers year of ceasefire to Taliban
- 19.06.2018Iran rules out OPEC deal as Russia, Saudi push for oil output hike
- 19.06.2018Russia, Saudi push for big hike in oil output despite Iran opposition
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 23.05.2018Iran's Zarif calls Pompeo's comments 'untrue', based on 'old illusions': state TV
- 24.05.2018Iran leader blasts U.S. for 'theatrical' pullout from nuclear deal
- 24.05.2018N Korean FM: Trump-Kim Summit Depends on 'US Behavior
- 23.05.2018North Korea allows South Korea reporters to visit nuclear site
- 23.05.2018Saudi Arabia expands crackdown on women's rights activists
- 23.05.2018Iraqi PM rules out fresh polls amid rigging allegations