ISESCO calls for deprivation of Myanmar leader of Nobel Peace Prize
The Islamic Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (ISESCO) calls for the deprivation of the de facto leader of Myanmar Aung San Suu Kyi of the Nobel Peace Prize to which she was awarded in 1991.
“Aung San Suu Kyi is aware about the violence committed against Rohingya Muslims. Therefore, Kyi who acts against the essence of the Nobel Peace Prize lost the right to this prize,” ISESCO said in a statement.
The statement urged the international community to intervene immediately to stop the violence in Myanmar.
Azerbaijan expresses serious concern over violence against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar
Azerbaijan is serious concerned with the ongoing violence against Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar, the spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry, Hikmat Hajiyev, told APA on Tuesday.
“We do support the efforts of the international community, especially the Organization of Islamic Cooperation to stop this violence,” noted Hajiyev.
Violence erupted in Myanmar’s Rakhine state on Aug. 25 when the country’s security forces launched an operation against the Rohingya Muslim community, which resulted in the death of a large number of Muslims. It triggered a fresh influx of Muslims towards neighboring Bangladesh, though the country sealed off its border for the refugees.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Dozens killed in 2 car bombings in Yemen's Aden
- 24.02.2018South Korea says U.S. sanctions on North will bolster U.N. resolutions
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 23.07.2010Israeli forces kill Palestinian near West Bank settlement
- 23.07.20102 Americans killed in copter crash in Afghanistan
- 23.07.2010Massive fire in western Iran forests
- 22.07.2010Aircraft «black box» inventor dies in Australia
- 22.07.2010Eyeing ties, Israel scraps Turkey travel warning
- 22.07.2010Afghan soldier killed U.S. trainers after row: ministry