Iranian FM: Littoral States agree on bulk of Caspian legal regime
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said the Caspian Sea littoral countries have reached a consensus on the bulk of the sea’s long-awaited legal regime and have agreed to ban all foreign military forces from entering the sea, APA reported citing Tasnim News Agency.
Addressing the seventh ministerial meeting of Caspian states in Moscow on Tuesday, Zarif said he was honored to announce that the five countries share the view that the Caspian Sea’s issues should be addressed only by the littoral states.
The countries have also agreed to ban foreign military forces, he added, saying there is a consensus on the bulk of the Caspian Sea legal regime.
Stressing the need for “fairness” and “mutual respect” in demarcation of maritime boundaries in the Caspian Sea, Zarif said disagreements on demarcation of the zones could be resolved through “closer interaction and mutual flexibility by all parties.”
Iran is ready to let other Caspian states have access to international waters when it comes to the transportation of goods or oil and gas transfer, he added.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 14.07.20162 more protesters killed in Indian-held Kashmir
- 14.07.2016Islamic State confirms key commander Omar Shishani dead
- 14.07.20162 dead, 18 injured in C China coach accident
- 13.07.2016Islamic State car bomb attack kills seven north of Baghdad
- 13.07.2016China vows to protect South China Sea sovereignty, Manila upbeat
- 13.07.2016Iran summons French ambassador over dissident meeting in Paris