Iran urges political solution to Yemen, Syria crises
Mohammad Javad Zarif’s remarks came during his official visit to Croatia's capital after meeting with Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Marija Pejcinovic Buric.
"The attacks in Yemen and Syria, the crises in these countries need to be stopped. We think that the only way to solve the crises in these countries is a political solution," Zarif said.
Meanwhile, assessing the current situation in the Middle East, Buric expressed concern over Syria.
"We think that Iran and other countries in the region can make more efforts to improve the situation, which is important for world peace as well as for the region," she said.
Zarif also attended the third Croatian-Iranian Economic Forum organized by the Croatian Economic Chamber and met with President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic, Parliament Speaker Gordan Jandrokovic and Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovic in Zagreb.
Speaking on Iran-Croatia relations, Zarif noted that Iran was among the first countries to recognize Croatia's independence and expressed satisfaction over the two countries’ good political and economic relations.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Daesh kills one officer, injures two in northern Iraq
- 18.03.2018Iran security service arrest close ally of ex-president Ahmadinejad
- 17.03.2018Turkish troops reunite in Afrin's north
- 17.03.2018China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 16.03.2018Iran won’t renegotiate 2015 nuke deal: Deputy FM
- 16.03.2018U.S. military helicopter crashes in Iraq with seven aboard
- 14.03.2018Explosion kills 9 in northeast Pakistan
- 14.03.2018Deputy of ex-Iranian president remanded in custody
- 14.03.2018Two civilians killed in Damascus in shelling by militants
- 13.03.2018Iranian official blames UK for London embassy incident
- 13.03.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu urges feuding coalition to remain intact
- 12.03.2018At least 50 dead as Bangladeshi passenger plane crashes at Kathmandu airport - UPDATED-2
- 11.03.2018Military vehicle crash in Turkey martyrs one soldier
- 11.03.2018So-called leaders of YPG/PKK 'fleeing' Afrin
- 10.03.2018Iran expresses protest to UK over incident with embassy in London – FM
- 10.03.20188 terrorists 'neutralized' this week in Turkey, N Iraq
- 10.03.2018North Korean state media quiet on Kim Jong Un's overtures to Trump
- 09.03.2018Iranian farmers stage protest in drought-hit Isfahan
- 08.03.2018Israel will always control Jordan Valley: Netanyahu
- 08.03.2018Military storage unit in Iran explodes
- 08.03.2018Israel's El Al seeks U.N. help in bid to fly through Saudi airspace
- 07.03.2018Suicide bomber kills Muslim official in Afghan city
- 07.03.2018Ex-Iran leader warns of mounting public 'disaffection'
- 07.03.2018Terrorists force Afrin residents to dig ditches
- 07.03.20181 killed in car bomb blast in Syria's Al-Bab
- 06.03.2018Russian transport plane crashes in Syria
- 06.03.2018Wedding party truck plunges off a bridge in India, killing 25
- 06.03.2018Koreas reach 'satisfactory' agreement
- 06.03.2018Iran: We can resume enriching weapons-grade uranium in 'less than 48 hours'
- 05.03.2018'More than 40 militants' killed in Afghanistan
- 05.03.2018Papua New Guinea quake kills 80 people
- 04.03.2018N. Korea warns U.S. not to misjudge intention for talks
- 03.03.2018Saudi Arabia holds first-ever marathon for women
- 03.03.2018Turkish female troops provide backup in Afrin operation
- 03.03.2018North Korea threatens to 'counter' U.S. over military drills
- 03.03.2018Three Australians die, more sick in listeria outbreak tied to melons
- 02.03.2018Saudi Arabia lifts 35-year-long ban on cinemas
- 02.03.2018South Korea plans to send envoy to North Korea soon
- 28.02.2018Qatari military chief meets with US air force commander
- 28.02.2018Rouhani says all regional countries can think of a ‘great union’ for economy, energy relying on Iran’s power
- 02.03.2018IED blast kills 2 in Afghanistan
- 02.03.2018Iran detains 35 women for going to football match
- 02.03.20188 Turkish soldiers martyred, 13 wounded in Afrin
- 01.03.2018Passenger plane makes emergency landing in Kyrgyzstan
- 01.03.2018İSİL-linked suspected couple arrested in SE Turkey
- 01.03.20184 paramilitary troops killed in Pakistan suicide blast