Iran test-fires S300 air-defense system
Iran has successfully tested the S-300 surface to air missile system, APA reported citing Tasnim news agency.
Iran received the system from Russia last year.
The Russian missile system operated by Iranian personnel has identified, intercepted and hit its targets.
According to the report, the test took place as part of “Damavand” drills at a missile test range in the country.
Last October, it was reported that Moscow concluded the supply of the Russian-made S-300 surface-to-air missile defense systems to Iran.
The earlier reports suggested that Russia had delivered the first parts of the S-300, the missile tubes and radar equipment, to Iran in April 2016.
The delivery of the missile system which is used for targeting tactical and ballistic aircraft and projectiles, took place under an $800 million deal concluded in 2007 between Tehran and Moscow.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018Iran's presence in Syria at Damascus' demand: Tehran
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 15.05.2018N Korea suspends talks with South over their joint drills with US
- 15.05.2018Palestinian leader Abbas hospitalized for surgery
- 15.05.2018Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 59 - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Fiery cleric Sadr taps anger over Iran to lead Iraq poll
- 15.05.2018Hezbollah says rocket attack on Israeli-occupied Golan marks 'new phase'
- 15.05.2018Netanyahu calls Israeli actions in Gaza self-defense against Hamas
- 14.05.2018Kuwait seeks UN Securtity Council meeting over Gaza
- 14.05.2018Oil gains on OPEC report; U.S. crude discount to Brent deepens
- 14.05.2018At least 52 Palestinians killed by Israeli army at Gaza border - UPDATED-4
- 14.05.2018U.S. embassy opens in Jerusalem
- 13.05.2018Daesh-inspired group carried out deadly suicide attacks in Indonesia
- 13.05.2018Serial explosions occur in Indonesia, at least two killed, over a dozen injured
- 12.05.2018North Korea details plans to dismantle nuclear test site
- 12.05.2018North Korea announces nuclear test site dismantling ceremony for May
- 12.05.2018Explosion damages vessel carrying wheat to Yemen
- 12.05.2018Israel to Assad: Get rid of your Iranian allies, they will harm you
- 12.05.2018Israeli gunfire kills Palestinian as border protest builds to climax
- 11.05.2018Israeli soldier wounded in car-ramming attack in West Bank
- 11.05.2018Iranians hold nationwide rallies to condemn US breach of contract
- 11.05.20187 people, including 4 children, found dead at home in southwestern Australia
- 11.05.2018Russia, Iran vow to adhere to nuclear deal
- 04.03.2017Iran arrests 9 in UAE boats for trespassing
- 04.03.2017Malaysia expels North Korean ambassador
- 04.03.2017Plane crash reported in southern Turkey
- 04.03.2017Syrian opposition accepts U.N. principles at end of peace talks
- 03.03.2017Iran jails politician after Revolution Guards criticism
- 03.03.2017Japan's Aso says wants to discuss rules for free trade with U.S.