Iran test-fires S300 air-defense system
Iran has successfully tested the S-300 surface to air missile system, APA reported citing Tasnim news agency.
Iran received the system from Russia last year.
The Russian missile system operated by Iranian personnel has identified, intercepted and hit its targets.
According to the report, the test took place as part of “Damavand” drills at a missile test range in the country.
Last October, it was reported that Moscow concluded the supply of the Russian-made S-300 surface-to-air missile defense systems to Iran.
The earlier reports suggested that Russia had delivered the first parts of the S-300, the missile tubes and radar equipment, to Iran in April 2016.
The delivery of the missile system which is used for targeting tactical and ballistic aircraft and projectiles, took place under an $800 million deal concluded in 2007 between Tehran and Moscow.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Rockets strike downtown Kabul, no casualties reported
- 21.10.2017Iraqi forces take control of town in Mosul
- 21.10.2017Suicide bombers attack two Afghan mosques, at least 72 dead - UPDATED
- 21.10.2017Iranian commander issued stark warning to Iraqi Kurds over Kirkuk
- 20.10.2017Lebanon sentences 2 to death for 1982 assassination
- 20.10.2017North Korea says to continue nuclear tests
- 20.10.20171 police dies, 4 injured in northern Iraq attack
- 19.10.2017Erbil says ready to hold talks with Baghdad
- 19.10.2017Turkish jets kill 4 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 19.10.2017North Korea warns U.S. could face 'unimaginable' strike
- 19.10.2017Taliban insurgents kill at least 40 soldiers in Afghanistan
- 18.10.2017North Korea building new ballistic missile submarine
- 18.10.2017Iraq's Kurd region halts preparations for Nov. 1 polls
- 18.10.2017Raqqa drone video shows the city in Ruins
- 18.10.2017Communist Party of China opens the 19th National Congress
- 18.10.2017North Korean official: We won’t negotiate until we can strike US east coast
- 17.10.20172 UAE pilots killed in Yemen crash
- 17.10.2017Raqqa: IS 'capital' falls to US-backed Syrian forces
- 17.10.2017At least 50 killed in Taliban attacks on Afghan police - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Massive Us-South Korean naval war games begin near Korean peninsula
- 17.10.2017Four nations meet to resume stalled Afghan peace talks in Oman
- 17.10.2017Iraq forces seize main govt HQ in Kirkuk: Police source
- 16.10.2017Arshad Al-Salihi: Kirkuk under control of Iraqi army and federal police
- 15.10.2017ISIL linked leader trapped, heavy Philippine fighting
- 15.10.2017Islamic State loses al-Mayadeen in eastern Syria
- 14.10.2017Tomahawks near the DPRK serious challenge to Pyongyang
- 14.10.2017Turkmen militia, Peshmerga clash in northern Iraq
- 14.10.2017‘Closer to the trigger’: North Korea renews promise to bomb Guam if attacked
- 14.10.2017UAE says fully supports new U.S. policy against Iran
- 13.10.2017US president’s anti-Iran speech pile of delusional claims: Rouhani
- 13.10.2017Small Quake Rattles North Korea Nuclear Testing Grounds, Not Manmade: South Korea
- 13.10.2017Turkish military convoy enters Syria's Idlib
- 12.10.2017Iraq refuses talks with Kurds unless they commit to unity
- 12.10.2017Israel starts preparations to withdraw from UNESCO
- 11.10.2017Rouhani: Nuclear deal 'big test' for parties
- 11.10.2017US flies bombers over Korean peninsula with South Korean, Japanese fighter jets
- 11.10.2017UN gearing up for heavy influx of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- 11.10.2017Pyongyang: CIA tried to assassinate Kim Jong-un with biochemical weapon
- 10.10.2017Bangladesh: Top Jamaat-e-Islami leaders arrested
- 08.10.20172 Turkish guards martyred by PKK in Turkey's Diyarbakir
- 09.12.2016Iranian defense spending surpasses $10-billion mark
- 10.12.2016Solomon Islands rocked by another major earthquake
- 10.12.20166.1-magnitude quake hits off Arawa, Papua New Guinea
- 09.12.2016Hassan Rouhani: "OPEC states must work for stable oil marke"
- 09.12.2016Saudi Arabia tells oil buyers of cuts after OPEC deal, PIRA says
- 08.12.20168.0-magnitude quake hits 63km WSW of Kirakira, Solomon Islands