Iran’s parliament speaker: US itself has endangered international security
Iran’s Parliament Speaker Larijani said Iran will wait a few weeks before pulling out of the nuclear deal to prove to everyone that the country has tried all peaceful ways possible, APA reports citing Mehr News Agency.
Ali Larijani made the remarks during the Wed. open session of the Parliament following Donald Trump’s announcement last night that Washington would pull out of the nuclear deal and reinstate sanctions against the Islamic Republic which were lifted under the agreement.
During the few weeks that Iran stays committed to the JCPOA while the US has pulled out, “Europe must prove that it is capable of throwing its weight behind settling our issues,” he added.
“The American nation has been saddled with an egotistical and amateurish politician,” Larijani said of Trump. “Aren’t such idiotic measures shameful for a country with a claim on global management that even its allies are trying to stop him from taking them and control him?”
“Trump is overjoyed that he is plundering some short-sighted regional countries for the price of ignoring their wicked actions in the region,” he said.
“Is it truly a dignified way for Trump to spend all his efforts on destroying everything the previous president of the US has done?” Larijani asked.
He went on to add, “while Trump’s withdrawal from the nuclear deal has soared the world’s distrust of the US commitments, the Iranian nation has proved that it will first choose dialog and political ways to settle any disputes.”
He added that it is the United States itself which has endangered the international security by possessing a large arsenal of nuclear bombs and warheads, which the country keeps upgrading constantly.
Stressing that ‘force’ works better on Trump, Larijani said “in this situation, Iran has no obligation not to go back to the previous position [in its nuclear program]. With a national consensus, we will give the US and Zionists a response that they will regret.”
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 15.05.2018N Korea suspends talks with South over their joint drills with US
- 15.05.2018Palestinian leader Abbas hospitalized for surgery
- 15.05.2018Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 59 - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Fiery cleric Sadr taps anger over Iran to lead Iraq poll
- 15.05.2018Hezbollah says rocket attack on Israeli-occupied Golan marks 'new phase'
- 15.05.2018Netanyahu calls Israeli actions in Gaza self-defense against Hamas
- 14.05.2018Kuwait seeks UN Securtity Council meeting over Gaza
- 14.05.2018Oil gains on OPEC report; U.S. crude discount to Brent deepens
- 14.05.2018At least 52 Palestinians killed by Israeli army at Gaza border - UPDATED-4
- 14.05.2018U.S. embassy opens in Jerusalem
- 13.05.2018Daesh-inspired group carried out deadly suicide attacks in Indonesia
- 13.05.2018Serial explosions occur in Indonesia, at least two killed, over a dozen injured
- 12.05.2018North Korea details plans to dismantle nuclear test site
- 12.05.2018North Korea announces nuclear test site dismantling ceremony for May
- 12.05.2018Explosion damages vessel carrying wheat to Yemen
- 12.05.2018Israel to Assad: Get rid of your Iranian allies, they will harm you
- 12.05.2018Israeli gunfire kills Palestinian as border protest builds to climax
- 11.05.2018Israeli soldier wounded in car-ramming attack in West Bank
- 11.05.2018Iranians hold nationwide rallies to condemn US breach of contract
- 11.05.20187 people, including 4 children, found dead at home in southwestern Australia
- 11.05.2018Russia, Iran vow to adhere to nuclear deal
- 11.05.2018Iran does not want new tensions in the region — president
- 09.05.2018Iran leader slams Trump’s ‘inane’ speech on nuke deal
- 10.05.2018Gulf Arab allies hail triumph after U.S. quits Iran deal
- 10.05.2018Syrian state media: Israeli missiles hit Syrian air defenses, radar - UPDATED
- 09.05.2018Japan says to normalize North Korea ties if nuclear, abduction issues are solved
- 09.05.2018Saudi Arabia says backs U.S. decision to withdraw from Iran nuclear deal
- 09.05.2018Israel targeted Syrian army position