Iran’s first VP urges respect for election results
Whoever wins the presidential election in Iran, all people should respect the results and help him work for the country’s development, First Vice-President Eshaq Jahangiri said on Friday, APA reports citing Tasnim News Agency.
“I believe that we all have come to the (political) maturity (to accept) that the final result of the ballot boxes will be the nation’s vote, and we should all respect it,” the vice president said during a visit to the election headquarters on Friday.
Urging national backing for the victor of the election, Jahangiri reassured people that all organizations handling the process of the polls will protect the ballots.
The Guardian Council is closely monitoring the election and all administrative organizations are well cooperating with the supervisory council, he underlined.
Expressing confidence about a “heroic event” in the election, Jahangiri predicted that the Friday’s polls would go down in history considering the high turnout.
The presidential election is underway in Iran. The country’s officials and candidates voted in the first hour of the polling, which lasts 10 hours but can be extended if necessary. Iranian citizens in the world’s 103 countries will vote as well.
Related news releases
- 11.12.2017Putin orders Russian forces pullout from Syria
- 11.12.2017Putin visits Russia’s Hmeymim air base in Syria
- 10.12.2017Lebanon’s FM: "Arab nations should consider imposing economic sanctions against the United States"
- 10.12.2017Arab states urge U.S. to abandon Jerusalem move
- 10.12.2017South Korea's Hyundai says faces headwinds from weaker yen next year
- 10.12.2017Palestinian President Abbas won't meet Pence in region: foreign minister
- 10.12.2017Iraq and Iran sign Kirkuk oil swap deal
- 09.12.2017Turkey, Iran security cooperation ‘vital’ for region
- 09.12.20172 dead, 7 buried in debris after chemical plant explosion in east China
- 09.12.2017Iraq declares war with Islamic State is over
- 09.12.2017Two dead in 'Day of Rage' over Jerusalem, Palestinian president defiant
- 09.12.2017Airstrikes kill 5 civilians in Syria
- 09.12.2017Palestinian negotiator says 'no talking' with U.S. until Trump reverses Jerusalem decision: Al Jazeera
- 09.12.2017At least 25 wounded in Israeli retaliation strikes in Gaza
- 08.12.2017Israeli servicemen down rocket fired from Gaza Strip
- 08.12.2017Two hikers dead, 7 missing in Iran avalanche
- 08.12.2017Clashes erupt in West Bank, East Jerusalem between Palestinian protesters and Israeli troops
- 08.12.20171 killed, 8 wounded in eastern Afghan mosque blast
- 08.12.2017Israel strikes Gaza, no injured
- 07.12.2017Erdogan, Putin to discuss US Jerusalem
- 07.12.2017Senior North Korean diplomat meets U.N. political affairs chief
- 07.12.2017Trump declaration on Jerusalem destroys two-state solution - PLO
- 07.12.2017Palestine, Egypt confer after US decision on Jerusalem
- 06.12.2017Iranian FM: Littoral States agree on bulk of Caspian legal regime
- 06.12.2017Europe fears attacks by returning Daesh fighters
- 05.12.2017Roadside bomb targeting military vehicle kills 6 in North Waziristan, Pakistan
- 05.12.2017Iranian soldier killed in attack near Turkish border
- 05.12.2017South Korea, U.S. launch air drills amid North Korean warnings of nuclear war
- 05.12.2017U.N. political affairs chief to visit North Korea this week
- 05.12.2017US defense secretary meets Pakistan’s prime minister
- 04.12.2017Red Cross Reports 2 Airstrikes in Yemeni Capital Sanaa on Monday Night
- 04.12.2017Famous Indian actor Shashi Kapoor passes away at 79
- 04.12.2017No free trade deal during Trudeau’s China trip
- 03.12.2017Tropical storm in Indonesia kills 20
- 03.12.2017Turkey remands 85 military staff over links to FETO
- 02.12.2017Bangladesh: 7 dead, 20 injured in bus-truck collision
- 02.12.2017Seoul says North Korea puts Washington in range, but needs to prove critical technology
- 01.12.2017Earthquake of magnitude 6.3 strikes eastern Iran
- 30.11.20176 killed, 23 injured as strong winds, heavy rains lash Sri Lanka
- 30.11.2017Hamas, Fatah delay unity govt till Dec. 10
- 19.05.2017Two dead, several missing as bridge collapses in India
- 19.05.2017Iran presidential election: Voting time extended 2 hours
- 19.05.2017Landmine blast claims 11 lives in Afghanistan
- 19.05.20175 ISIL suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 18.05.2017ISIL attacks Syrian Deir ez-Zor with rockets, kill 3 civilians
- 18.05.2017US coalition strike on Syrian army occurred within established Safe Zone