Iran leading advocate of int’l anti-cyber terrorism combat – Foreign Ministry
Tehran. Suleyman Farzaliyev – APA. Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari stressed that Iran has never considered actions in cyber spaces which would threaten other countries, IRNA reported.
Jaberi Ansari made the remarks here on Saturday while commenting on indictment of seven Iranians by the US Justice Department over what it referred to as 'cyber attack'.
The US Justice Department on Thursday announced it has indicted seven Iranians, claiming they had disrupted the networks of the US banks during years of 2011 to 2013.
The Islamic Republic of Iran is the one country which has suffered most damage because of complicated cyber attacks by certain governments, said the diplomat, stressing that Tehran has always been a pioneer in advocating international efforts to fight cyber crimes.
Iran stresses importance of regularization of cyber space under the supervision of all governments, he underlined.
Iran is never for threatening actions in cyber space, he stressed.
The US government, whose cyber attacks on Iran's peaceful nuclear facilities put lives of millions of innocent people in danger, lacks credibility to accuse nationals of other countries including in Iran of such actions, he stressed.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Tillerson makes unannounced visit to Afghanistan
- 22.10.2017Super Typhoon Lan to make direct hit on Tokyo
- 21.10.2017North Korea has the missile technology to destroy US carriers near its shores
- 21.10.2017Moscow welcomes any action to combat ISIL
- 21.10.2017Rockets strike downtown Kabul, no casualties reported
- 21.10.2017Iraqi forces take control of town in Mosul
- 21.10.2017Suicide bombers attack two Afghan mosques, at least 72 dead - UPDATED
- 21.10.2017Iranian commander issued stark warning to Iraqi Kurds over Kirkuk
- 20.10.2017Lebanon sentences 2 to death for 1982 assassination
- 20.10.2017North Korea says to continue nuclear tests
- 20.10.20171 police dies, 4 injured in northern Iraq attack
- 19.10.2017Erbil says ready to hold talks with Baghdad
- 19.10.2017Turkish jets kill 4 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 19.10.2017North Korea warns U.S. could face 'unimaginable' strike
- 19.10.2017Taliban insurgents kill at least 40 soldiers in Afghanistan
- 18.10.2017North Korea building new ballistic missile submarine
- 18.10.2017Iraq's Kurd region halts preparations for Nov. 1 polls
- 18.10.2017Raqqa drone video shows the city in Ruins
- 18.10.2017Communist Party of China opens the 19th National Congress
- 18.10.2017North Korean official: We won’t negotiate until we can strike US east coast
- 17.10.20172 UAE pilots killed in Yemen crash
- 17.10.2017Raqqa: IS 'capital' falls to US-backed Syrian forces
- 17.10.2017At least 50 killed in Taliban attacks on Afghan police - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Massive Us-South Korean naval war games begin near Korean peninsula
- 17.10.2017Four nations meet to resume stalled Afghan peace talks in Oman
- 17.10.2017Iraq forces seize main govt HQ in Kirkuk: Police source
- 16.10.2017Arshad Al-Salihi: Kirkuk under control of Iraqi army and federal police
- 15.10.2017ISIL linked leader trapped, heavy Philippine fighting
- 15.10.2017Islamic State loses al-Mayadeen in eastern Syria
- 14.10.2017Tomahawks near the DPRK serious challenge to Pyongyang
- 14.10.2017Turkmen militia, Peshmerga clash in northern Iraq
- 14.10.2017‘Closer to the trigger’: North Korea renews promise to bomb Guam if attacked
- 14.10.2017UAE says fully supports new U.S. policy against Iran
- 13.10.2017US president’s anti-Iran speech pile of delusional claims: Rouhani
- 13.10.2017Small Quake Rattles North Korea Nuclear Testing Grounds, Not Manmade: South Korea
- 13.10.2017Turkish military convoy enters Syria's Idlib
- 12.10.2017Iraq refuses talks with Kurds unless they commit to unity
- 12.10.2017Israel starts preparations to withdraw from UNESCO
- 11.10.2017Rouhani: Nuclear deal 'big test' for parties
- 11.10.2017US flies bombers over Korean peninsula with South Korean, Japanese fighter jets
- 26.03.2016Hamas, Fatah delegations to meet in Qatar
- 26.03.2016Afghan election chairman resigns
- 26.03.2016Thousands of Yemenis protest year-long coalition campaign
- 26.03.2016Air ambulance helicopter crashes in Iran, killing 7
- 25.03.2016Football pitch suicide attack kills 30 south of Baghdad - UPDATED
- 25.03.2016Syria army retakes Palmyra citadel, IS number two 'dead'