Iran hails cooperation between OPEC, non-OPEC countries for maintaining oil market stability
İran on Tuesday praised the cooperation between members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and non-OPEC members for helping stabilize the oil market, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
The convergence of the OPEC and non-OPEC members, particularly Russia, regarding the agreement to cut oil output in the past six months has led to a "balanced" oil market, Iranian Minister of Petroleum Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said before meeting Brazil's Minister of Mines and Energy Fernando Coelho Filho.
"The cooperation of non-OPEC countries, in particular Russia, is good in the deal to reduce oil supply, and I think the market is moving toward stability," Zanganeh said.
Russia has been key to the agreement under which OPEC members have undertaken to trim oil supplies by 1.2 million barrels per day, with non-OPEC members cutting a further 600,000 barrels.
The Iranian minister added that Iran welcomes the cooperation of all non-OPEC oil producers, particularly Brazil, on cutting oil supplies.
On the much-delayed pipeline project between Iran and Pakistan, Zanganeh said a third party is needed to solve the issue by building the section of the pipeline within Pakistan.
He said that a number of international oil and gas companies are interested in this project, but no deal has been reached so far.
The project has faced repeated delays since it was conceived in the 1990s to connect Iran's South Pars gas field to Pakistan. Iran has completed construction of its side of the pipeline and is waiting for Pakistan to finish its part of work.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017North Korea punishes top military leaders
- 22.11.2017Russian president, Israeli prime minister discuss Mideast settlement in Syrian context
- 22.11.2017Journalist shot dead at point blank range by police in northeast India
- 21.11.2017Army chiefs discuss de-escalation zones in Syria
- 21.11.2017Iranian president declares end to ISIS
- 21.11.2017Pakistani forces rescue 18 hostages near Iran’s border
- 21.11.2017At least three dead, 20 feared trapped after plant in India collapses
- 21.11.2017Suspected cholera cases in Yemen hit 940,000: WHO
- 20.11.2017Iran president due in Russia on Wednesday for tripartite talks
- 20.11.2017Third round of Iran-EU talks kicks off in Tehran
- 20.11.2017Iraq top court declares Kurdish referendum ‘unconstitutional’
- 20.11.2017Tuck-minibus collision leaves 17 dead in Pakistan
- 19.11.2017Syrian army clashes with IS in Abu Kamal — SANA
- 19.11.2017Militants shell southeastern outskirts of Damascus — media
- 18.11.2017India's Manushi Chhillar wins Miss World 2017
- 18.11.2017Japanese tug boat crashes into US warship during exercise
- 18.11.20173 PKK terrorists killed in northern Iraq
- 18.11.20176.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern China
- 18.11.2017Japan begins disposal of radioactive waste from Fukushima disaster
- 18.11.2017Hariri to leave Saudi Arabia for France on Friday: MP
- 17.11.2017World's first human head transplant carried out
- 17.11.2017Yemeni governor announces resignation
- 16.11.2017Pakistan's parliament restores finality of prophet law
- 16.11.2017Suicide bomber kills nine near Afghan political meeting
- 16.11.20172,200 cholera deaths recorded in Yemen since April: WHO
- 15.11.201748 terrorists killed, 13 villages taken in Iraq's Anbar
- 15.11.2017Opium production in Afghanistan hits record high: UN
- 15.11.2017East China road accident death toll rises to 18
- 15.11.2017Muslim state’s meddling in Lebanon ‘shameful’: Iran’s Rouhani
- 15.11.2017Indonesian police officer killed in shooting near Freeport mine
- 14.11.2017Syrian National Dialogue Congress to be held in early December
- 14.11.20175 PKK terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey
- 14.11.201722 policemen killed in Taliban group attack in Afghanistan
- 14.11.2017Air strikes kill 29 in market in northern Syria
- 14.11.2017Defecting North Korean soldier shot in back, survives to cross DMZ
- 14.11.2017Saudi Arabia to meet Syrian opposition next week
- 14.11.2017Army retakes 6 villages in western Iraq from Daesh
- 13.11.2017Strong earthquake hits Iran-Iraq border, kills about 450 - UPDATED-3
- 13.11.2017Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: U.N. watchdog report
- 13.11.201725 militants surrender to Syrian authorities in Aleppo province
- 06.09.2017Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan sign historic border agreement
- 06.09.2017Japanese PM urges Russia to collaborate in untangling situation around DPRK
- 07.09.2017Syrian army fights to secure corridor into Deir al-Zor
- 05.09.2017Syrian army breaks 3-year IS siege to Deir al-Zour
- 05.09.2017ISESCO calls for deprivation of Myanmar leader of Nobel Peace Prize
- 05.09.2017Two Russian soldiers killed by shelling in Syria's Deir al-Zor province