Iran hails cooperation between OPEC, non-OPEC countries for maintaining oil market stability
İran on Tuesday praised the cooperation between members of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and non-OPEC members for helping stabilize the oil market, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
The convergence of the OPEC and non-OPEC members, particularly Russia, regarding the agreement to cut oil output in the past six months has led to a "balanced" oil market, Iranian Minister of Petroleum Bijan Namdar Zanganeh said before meeting Brazil's Minister of Mines and Energy Fernando Coelho Filho.
"The cooperation of non-OPEC countries, in particular Russia, is good in the deal to reduce oil supply, and I think the market is moving toward stability," Zanganeh said.
Russia has been key to the agreement under which OPEC members have undertaken to trim oil supplies by 1.2 million barrels per day, with non-OPEC members cutting a further 600,000 barrels.
The Iranian minister added that Iran welcomes the cooperation of all non-OPEC oil producers, particularly Brazil, on cutting oil supplies.
On the much-delayed pipeline project between Iran and Pakistan, Zanganeh said a third party is needed to solve the issue by building the section of the pipeline within Pakistan.
He said that a number of international oil and gas companies are interested in this project, but no deal has been reached so far.
The project has faced repeated delays since it was conceived in the 1990s to connect Iran's South Pars gas field to Pakistan. Iran has completed construction of its side of the pipeline and is waiting for Pakistan to finish its part of work.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Dozens killed in 2 car bombings in Yemen's Aden
- 24.02.2018South Korea says U.S. sanctions on North will bolster U.N. resolutions
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 06.09.2017Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan sign historic border agreement
- 06.09.2017Japanese PM urges Russia to collaborate in untangling situation around DPRK
- 07.09.2017Syrian army fights to secure corridor into Deir al-Zor
- 05.09.2017Syrian army breaks 3-year IS siege to Deir al-Zour
- 05.09.2017ISESCO calls for deprivation of Myanmar leader of Nobel Peace Prize
- 05.09.2017Two Russian soldiers killed by shelling in Syria's Deir al-Zor province