Elections in Turkey held in compliance with int’l standards: TURKPA
The TURKPA International Observation Mission on Monday gave the press conference on the outcomes of its monitoring of the Presidential and Parliamentary Elections in Turkey.
Mr. Ahliman Amiraslanov, member of Milli Mejlis of Azerbaijan, presented the statement in his capacity of the head of the mission and briefed the Turkish media representatives about TURKPA’s observation programme, TURKPA told APA.
Members of the Mission from Kazakhstan Mr. Nurlan Dulatbekov, Mr. Neriman Turegaliyev, Mr. Bekmirza Yelemanov, Mr. Mukhtar Jumagaziyev and from Kyrgyzstan Mr. Maksat Sabırov and Mr. Zakir Sharapov shared their views on electoral process and election environment in Turkey.
The mission visited about 40 polling stations in the capital city Ankara and then observed counting of votes in 3 polling stations and also had a talk with the polling stations’ officials and voters.
Prior to the election day, observers held meetings with the Head of the Supreme Election Council Mr. Sadi Güven and representatives of the political parties. During these meetings, observers were provided with detailed information on the measures for election preparations, as well as on electoral platforms and policies of the leading political forces of Turkey.
The Mission mentioned that it did not observe any violations in election administration and, moreover, relevant bodies were well-resourced and professionally prepared for conduct of elections.
The Mission concluded that the presidential and parliamentary elections in the Republic of Turkey of 24 June 2018 were held in compliance with the national legislation of Turkey and international election standards.
- 19.07.2018Civilians killed in Afghanistan air strike: officials
- 19.07.2018Buildings collapse in Delhi killing at least three, more feared dead
- 19.07.201810 injured in 4 explosions in Iraq’s Kirkuk
- 18.07.2018Yemen's Houthis say they attacked Aramco refinery in Riyadh with drone
- 17.07.2018Unknown military aircraft crashes in Northern Syria
- 17.07.2018Women in Saudi Arabia Will Soon Be Able to Train as Pilots
- 17.07.2018Iran ready to boost uranium enrichment if talks with EU fail - Official
- 17.07.2018Protests in Iraq leave 5 dead, 190 injured
- 17.07.2018Syrian army says it captures strategic hill overlooking Israeli border
- 15.07.2018Indonesian police shoot dead three suspected militants
- 15.07.2018Rouhani: "The US ‘more isolated than ever’ over Iran sanctions"
- 14.07.2018At least 10 killed by landslide in northern Myanmar
- 14.07.2018Velayati: Russia wants to create joint electrical grid with Iran, Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018China floods wreak havoc, block roads and railways
- 14.07.2018Palestinian teenager killed in Israel-Gaza border protests
- 13.07.2018Suicide bomber kills 128 in attack on Pakistani election rally
- 13.07.2018Former Pakistani premier Sharif arrested in Lahore
- 13.07.2018Indian planes carrying more than 300 people avoid mid-air collision by 200 feet
- 12.07.2018FBI Presents New Details on Lead Up to Saddam Hussein's Interrogation
- 12.07.2018Kim Jong-un: "Extraordinary efforts' made by Trump for improving US-N Korea ties
- 11.07.2018Iran Supreme Leader's aide hails 'strategic' ties with Russia before Putin talks
- 11.07.201812 killed in election rally in NW Pakistan
- 10.07.2018Death toll in Japan flood disaster rises to 156
- 10.07.2018Last remaining kid, coach evacuated from Thai cave - media
- 10.07.2018At least 140 dead after heavy rain and landslides in Japan
- 09.07.2018Death toll rises to 126 in W. Japan after flood, rain
- 08.07.2018Japan floods and heavy rain leave at least 41 dead, dozens missing - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018North Korea regrets US stance at talks
- 07.07.2018Iran calls for EU help as shipping giant pulls out for fear of U.S. sanctions
- 07.07.2018Insider attack in S. Afghanistan kills 1 US serviceman, injures 2 others - NATO - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018Indian army kills 3 civilians in southern Kashmir
- 07.07.2018Both sides seek to 'clarify' as Pompeo holds second day of North Korea talks
- 07.07.2018No breakthrough in nuclear talks as Iran demands more after U.S. exit
- 07.07.2018Israeli air strike hits Syria at Golan frontier
- 07.07.2018Palestinian killed as Gaza protests against Israel enter fourth month
- 07.07.2018Second Saudi teen kills self after playing online game
- 06.07.2018Iranian leader describes EU proposals to save JCPOA as ‘disappointing’
- 05.07.2018German Coalition parties reach deal on Migration
- 05.07.2018Iranian FM summons German, French, Belgian diplomats
- 05.07.2018Pakistani court sends fake degree mill owner to jail
- 25.06.2018Abbas Ready to Meet Netanyahu in Moscow - Palestinian Ambassador
- 25.06.2018Indonesia: 3 civiliians killed in separatist attack
- 25.06.2018Prince William starts first British royal visit to Israel, Palestinian Territories
- 24.06.2018Russian military demines Syria's Al-Naseriyah, South Douma
- 24.06.2018Senior Iranian Commander killed in Syria
- 24.06.2018Landmark day for Saudi women as kingdom's controversial driving ban ends