Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
The death toll from a truck-bus crash in east China's Jiangxi Province Monday has risen to 12, local authorities said Tuesday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
Two people, including the bus driver, died at hospital after medical treatment failed. Another six were still being treated.
The accident happened at around 5:25 p.m. Monday on a national highway in Yingtan City when a truck collided head-on with a bus, according to the city's publicity department. A total of 30 people sustained minor injuries.
The bus was severely damaged.
A video recorded at the site showed passengers standing in rain and a woman screaming to her phone, shouting that "people on the bus are covered in blood" and she "can't wake them up."
More than 300 medical workers were involved in the emergency treatment. In addition, more than 120 locals have donated 40,000 ml of blood.
The truck driver has been detained, and an investigation is under way.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018IAEA report confirms Iran's commitment to nuclear agreement
- 25.05.2018North Korea says it's still willing to meet with Trump
- 25.05.2018Over 185 undocumented migrants held in western Turkey
- 24.05.2018Syrian state media says U.S. struck army base, U.S. denies
- 24.05.2018At least four killed, 15 wounded in Baghdad bomb blast
- 24.05.2018N Korean FM: Trump-Kim Summit Depends on 'US Behavior
- 24.05.2018Iran leader blasts U.S. for 'theatrical' pullout from nuclear deal
- 23.05.2018Iran's Zarif calls Pompeo's comments 'untrue', based on 'old illusions': state TV
- 23.05.2018Israeli air strikes target boat moored in Gaza
- 23.05.2018North Korea allows South Korea reporters to visit nuclear site
- 23.05.2018Saudi Arabia expands crackdown on women's rights activists
- 23.05.2018Iraqi PM rules out fresh polls amid rigging allegations
- 22.05.2018Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official
- 22.05.2018Airstrike neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in E. Turkey
- 22.05.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred in northern Iraq
- 22.05.2018Over 60 die of heatstroke in Pakistan's largest city
- 21.05.2018Palestine’s Abbas to leave hospital soon: PLO official
- 21.05.2018Vietnam says Chinese bombers in disputed South China Sea increase tensions
- 21.05.2018Iran's presence in Syria at Damascus' demand: Tehran
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 15.05.2018N Korea suspends talks with South over their joint drills with US
- 15.05.2018Palestinian leader Abbas hospitalized for surgery
- 15.05.2018Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 59 - UPDATED
- 17.05.2017OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks
- 14.05.2017Suspected ransomware attack at southeast Ireland's healthcare facility