Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
The death toll from a truck-bus crash in east China's Jiangxi Province Monday has risen to 12, local authorities said Tuesday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
Two people, including the bus driver, died at hospital after medical treatment failed. Another six were still being treated.
The accident happened at around 5:25 p.m. Monday on a national highway in Yingtan City when a truck collided head-on with a bus, according to the city's publicity department. A total of 30 people sustained minor injuries.
The bus was severely damaged.
A video recorded at the site showed passengers standing in rain and a woman screaming to her phone, shouting that "people on the bus are covered in blood" and she "can't wake them up."
More than 300 medical workers were involved in the emergency treatment. In addition, more than 120 locals have donated 40,000 ml of blood.
The truck driver has been detained, and an investigation is under way.
Related news releases
- 25.07.20179 PKK terrorists killed in Iraq says Turkish military
- 25.07.2017IRGC says neutralized US Navy provocative move in Persian Gulf - UPDATED
- 25.07.2017Israel to replace metal detectors in Jerusalem with smart surveillance
- 25.07.2017Israeli embassy staff in Jordan returned to Israel
- 25.07.2017UN to investigate civilian killings in Afghanistan
- 24.07.2017Israel cites self-defense in Amman embassy shooting
- 24.07.2017Russian, Qatari top diplomats discuss Gulf crisis
- 23.07.2017Dozens of IS militants killed in air raid: Iraqi forces
- 23.07.2017North Korea says South will pay 'Harshest' price for challenging missile tests
- 23.07.20177 killed, 2 injured in Guangzhou tower crane collapse
- 23.07.2017Iran seizes Saudi vessel in Persian Gulf, arrests crew
- 22.07.2017Iran announces new missile production line
- 22.07.2017U.S. air strike kills Afghan forces in friendly-fire incident
- 22.07.2017Three Israelis stabbed to death in West Bank settlement
- 22.07.2017Palestinians suspend official contacts with Israel: president
- 21.07.2017Israeli health officials move to ban smoking in public places
- 21.07.2017Qatar open to talks with Arab states to resolve crisis – Foreign Minister
- 21.07.2017State Dept. urges calm at Al-Aqsa
- 21.07.201730 percent of Raqqah cleared of Daesh: US
- 20.07.2017Israeli and Turkish presidents had a phone talk
- 20.07.2017Iran ambassador ordered to leave Kuwait over spy case
- 20.07.2017Kuwait closes Iran cultural mission, expels diplomats
- 20.07.201716 security personnel killed in Afghanistan
- 20.07.2017Chinese army mobilizes military assets to Tibet following live fire drills
- 19.07.2017Pakistani army: '8 dead' in new border clash with India
- 19.07.2017Over 330,000 killed in Syrian war – monitor
- 19.07.2017North Korea conducts public executions for theft, watching South Korea media
- 19.07.2017Trump’s strategy on Iran ‘doesn’t exist’ just like rest of US foreign policy
- 19.07.2017Egyptian security forces kill prominent Islamic State militant in North Sinai
- 18.07.2017Spokesman: His brother’s arrest won’t influence Rouhani’s will
- 18.07.2017Iranian FM: Independence referendum in Iraqi Kurdistan is a wrong choice
- 18.07.2017Chinese ships warned to leave after entering Japanese waters
- 18.07.2017Challenges remain after Mosul liberation: UN envoy
- 17.07.2017Iranian president's brother hospitalized on second day of detention
- 15.07.2017Benghazi airport reopens after three-year closure during war
- 15.07.2017One dead, 4 injured in Tehran subway brawl
- 15.07.2017Clashes between Iraq's Army, Daesh militants resume in West Mosul
- 14.07.2017Head of Islamic State in Afghanistan killed: Pentagon
- 14.07.2017Two Israeli policemen shot dead near Jerusalem holy site, gunmen killed
- 14.07.2017Daesh Militants Declare Iraqi Tal Afar Independent State From Caliphate - Media
- 17.05.2017OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks
- 14.05.2017Suspected ransomware attack at southeast Ireland's healthcare facility