Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
The death toll from a truck-bus crash in east China's Jiangxi Province Monday has risen to 12, local authorities said Tuesday, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
Two people, including the bus driver, died at hospital after medical treatment failed. Another six were still being treated.
The accident happened at around 5:25 p.m. Monday on a national highway in Yingtan City when a truck collided head-on with a bus, according to the city's publicity department. A total of 30 people sustained minor injuries.
The bus was severely damaged.
A video recorded at the site showed passengers standing in rain and a woman screaming to her phone, shouting that "people on the bus are covered in blood" and she "can't wake them up."
More than 300 medical workers were involved in the emergency treatment. In addition, more than 120 locals have donated 40,000 ml of blood.
The truck driver has been detained, and an investigation is under way.
Related news releases
- 21.11.2017At least three dead, 20 feared trapped after plant in India collapses
- 21.11.2017Suspected cholera cases in Yemen hit 940,000: WHO
- 20.11.2017Iran president due in Russia on Wednesday for tripartite talks
- 20.11.2017Third round of Iran-EU talks kicks off in Tehran
- 20.11.2017Iraq top court declares Kurdish referendum ‘unconstitutional’
- 20.11.2017Tuck-minibus collision leaves 17 dead in Pakistan
- 19.11.2017Syrian army clashes with IS in Abu Kamal — SANA
- 19.11.2017Militants shell southeastern outskirts of Damascus — media
- 18.11.2017India's Manushi Chhillar wins Miss World 2017
- 18.11.2017Japanese tug boat crashes into US warship during exercise
- 18.11.20173 PKK terrorists killed in northern Iraq
- 18.11.20176.9 magnitude earthquake hits southern China
- 18.11.2017Japan begins disposal of radioactive waste from Fukushima disaster
- 18.11.2017Hariri to leave Saudi Arabia for France on Friday: MP
- 17.11.2017World's first human head transplant carried out
- 17.11.2017Yemeni governor announces resignation
- 16.11.2017Pakistan's parliament restores finality of prophet law
- 16.11.2017Suicide bomber kills nine near Afghan political meeting
- 16.11.20172,200 cholera deaths recorded in Yemen since April: WHO
- 15.11.201748 terrorists killed, 13 villages taken in Iraq's Anbar
- 15.11.2017Opium production in Afghanistan hits record high: UN
- 15.11.2017East China road accident death toll rises to 18
- 15.11.2017Muslim state’s meddling in Lebanon ‘shameful’: Iran’s Rouhani
- 15.11.2017Indonesian police officer killed in shooting near Freeport mine
- 14.11.2017Syrian National Dialogue Congress to be held in early December
- 14.11.20175 PKK terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey
- 14.11.201722 policemen killed in Taliban group attack in Afghanistan
- 14.11.2017Air strikes kill 29 in market in northern Syria
- 14.11.2017Defecting North Korean soldier shot in back, survives to cross DMZ
- 14.11.2017Saudi Arabia to meet Syrian opposition next week
- 14.11.2017Army retakes 6 villages in western Iraq from Daesh
- 13.11.2017Strong earthquake hits Iran-Iraq border, kills about 450 - UPDATED-3
- 13.11.2017Iran sticks to key limits of nuclear deal: U.N. watchdog report
- 13.11.201725 militants surrender to Syrian authorities in Aleppo province
- 12.11.2017Russian combat engineers defuse over 400 explosive devices in Deir ez-Zor in 24 hours
- 12.11.2017Abe hails 'fresh start' to Japan-China ties after Xi meeting
- 11.11.2017Bahrain calls oil pipeline fire ‘a terrorist act’
- 11.11.2017North Korea not discussed in detail by Putin, Trump in Vietnam - Kremlin
- 11.11.2017Putin denies claims of Russia’s meddling efforts in US election at talks with Trump
- 11.11.2017Jordan, Russia, US agree on de-escalation zone in Syria
- 17.05.2017OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks
- 14.05.2017Suspected ransomware attack at southeast Ireland's healthcare facility