Bahrain discovers terrorist cell of 54 members
Bahrain's public prosecution announced on Saturday the discovery of a terrorist cell of 54 members, APA reports quoting Bahrain News Agency.
Chief of Terror Crime Prosecution Advocate General Ahmed Al Hammadi said that 25 members of the cell who had carried out acts of terror had been arrested and that the investigations by the public prosecution were ongoing.
The investigations revealed that the movements of the terrorists to other countries were coordinated by one of the cell leaders based in Germany, he said, adding that the cell leader also made arrangements for several members to go to Iran and Iraq for explosives and firearms training ahead of carrying out their terrorist crimes in Bahrain.
The leaders and members of the cell had prepared and made plans for a number of terrorist crimes in order to disrupt public order and endanger the safety of the kingdom, Al Hammadi added.
Investigations revealed that the defendants were linked with a series of the seizure of machine guns and explosive devices in the Nabih Salih area late last year, the jailbreak on Jan. 1, the attack of police patrol that injured one police personnel on Jan. 14 and the assassination of a police officer on Jan. 28.
Investigations also revealed that one of the organization leaders, currently in Iran, was continuing his criminal and terrorist activities and plots against Bahrain, Al Hammadi added.
Bahrain has been accusing Iran of standing behind its instability to achieve its regional expanding goals, such accusations denied by Iran.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 10.02.2018Hong Kong bus overturns killing 18
- 10.02.201848 Daesh-linked suspects arrested across Turkey
- 10.02.201827 reported dead in bus crash in Indonesia
- 06.03.2017One more Russian serviceman reported dead in Syria
- 07.03.2017Four protesters killed, dozens injured in south eastern Nepal
- 07.03.20175 traffic police, 5 civilians killed in renewed fighting in Myanmar
- 05.03.2017Jordan executes 15 prisoners, 10 convicted of terrorism
- 04.03.2017Plane crash reported in southern Turkey
- 04.03.2017Malaysia expels North Korean ambassador