Bahrain discovers terrorist cell of 54 members
Bahrain's public prosecution announced on Saturday the discovery of a terrorist cell of 54 members, APA reports quoting Bahrain News Agency.
Chief of Terror Crime Prosecution Advocate General Ahmed Al Hammadi said that 25 members of the cell who had carried out acts of terror had been arrested and that the investigations by the public prosecution were ongoing.
The investigations revealed that the movements of the terrorists to other countries were coordinated by one of the cell leaders based in Germany, he said, adding that the cell leader also made arrangements for several members to go to Iran and Iraq for explosives and firearms training ahead of carrying out their terrorist crimes in Bahrain.
The leaders and members of the cell had prepared and made plans for a number of terrorist crimes in order to disrupt public order and endanger the safety of the kingdom, Al Hammadi added.
Investigations revealed that the defendants were linked with a series of the seizure of machine guns and explosive devices in the Nabih Salih area late last year, the jailbreak on Jan. 1, the attack of police patrol that injured one police personnel on Jan. 14 and the assassination of a police officer on Jan. 28.
Investigations also revealed that one of the organization leaders, currently in Iran, was continuing his criminal and terrorist activities and plots against Bahrain, Al Hammadi added.
Bahrain has been accusing Iran of standing behind its instability to achieve its regional expanding goals, such accusations denied by Iran.
Related news releases
- 20.09.2017'Ignorant, absurd, hateful rhetoric' - Iran's president on Trump's un speech
- 20.09.2017Iran publicly hangs man for rape, murder of 7-year-old girl
- 20.09.2017Turkey mulling sanctions over Kurdish referendum
- 19.09.2017Turkish jets kill 3 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 19.09.2017Iran says it will not renegotiate nuclear deal
- 19.09.2017Iraqi Turkmen leader: Barzani plans to annex Kirkuk to Kurdish region
- 19.09.2017Palestine: President, Hamas' Haniyeh talk on phone
- 19.09.2017North Korea: UN sanctions motivate acceleration of nuclear weapon development
- 19.09.2017Turkish president speaks with Iraqi PM on phone
- 18.09.2017Iraq Supreme Court orders suspension of Kurdistan referendum
- 17.09.2017Turkey names new head to religious affairs directorate
- 16.09.2017Car bomb kills one, wounds 10 in disputed Iraqi oil city
- 16.09.2017Iraqi army liberates ISIS-held Akashat town near Syria border
- 16.09.2017Rouhani urges EU to pressure US
- 15.09.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for London blast:
- 15.09.2017Turkish Deputy PM meets Rohingya group's head
- 15.09.2017Seoul holds emergency National Security meeting after North Korean missile test
- 15.09.2017North Korea fires missile over Japan that lands far out in the Pacific
- 14.09.2017At least 50 die in twin attacks in Iraq
- 14.09.2017Airstrikes kill 5 PKK terrorists in eastern Turkey
- 14.09.2017Malaysia’s prime minister calls Myanmar violence genocide
- 14.09.201725 dead in fire at religious school in Malaysia
- 14.09.2017Evacuated Islamic State fighters reach Syria's Deir al-Zor: pro-Damascus commander
- 14.09.2017North Korea accused of raising money by stealing bitcoins in hack attacks
- 13.09.2017Suicide bomb near cricket stadium in Afghan capital kills at least three
- 13.09.2017Iraqi MPs call for crisis meeting on Kurd region poll
- 13.09.2017Five crew missing after dredger collides with tanker off Singapore
- 12.09.2017200,000 Rohingya children need urgent support: UNICEF
- 12.09.2017Airstrikes kill 14 terrorists in Kirkuk: Iraqi sources
- 11.09.2017Israel welcomes decision to pardon blogger Lapshin
- 10.09.2017First Summit on Science and Technology of Organization of Islamic Cooperation starts in Astana
- 10.09.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash
- 10.09.2017Rohingya insurgents declare temporary ceasefire amid humanitarian crisis
- 10.09.2017North Korea 'secretly helped by Iran to gain nuclear weapons', British officials fear
- 10.09.2017US warplanes stop shadowing ISIL convoy at Russia’s request
- 10.09.2017Rouhani, Erdogan meet in Astana ahead of OIC summit
- 10.09.2017Policeman martyred in vehicle accident in Turkey's east
- 10.09.2017PKK attacker on Turkish opposition convoy identified
- 09.09.20177 PKK terrorists killed in SE Turkey and Iraq's north
- 09.09.2017Deir ez-Zor: Syrian, Russian forces inflict biggest defeat on ISIL in 3 years
- 06.03.2017One more Russian serviceman reported dead in Syria
- 07.03.2017Four protesters killed, dozens injured in south eastern Nepal
- 07.03.20175 traffic police, 5 civilians killed in renewed fighting in Myanmar
- 05.03.2017Jordan executes 15 prisoners, 10 convicted of terrorism
- 04.03.2017Plane crash reported in southern Turkey
- 04.03.2017Malaysia expels North Korean ambassador