Bahrain discovers terrorist cell of 54 members
Bahrain's public prosecution announced on Saturday the discovery of a terrorist cell of 54 members, APA reports quoting Bahrain News Agency.
Chief of Terror Crime Prosecution Advocate General Ahmed Al Hammadi said that 25 members of the cell who had carried out acts of terror had been arrested and that the investigations by the public prosecution were ongoing.
The investigations revealed that the movements of the terrorists to other countries were coordinated by one of the cell leaders based in Germany, he said, adding that the cell leader also made arrangements for several members to go to Iran and Iraq for explosives and firearms training ahead of carrying out their terrorist crimes in Bahrain.
The leaders and members of the cell had prepared and made plans for a number of terrorist crimes in order to disrupt public order and endanger the safety of the kingdom, Al Hammadi added.
Investigations revealed that the defendants were linked with a series of the seizure of machine guns and explosive devices in the Nabih Salih area late last year, the jailbreak on Jan. 1, the attack of police patrol that injured one police personnel on Jan. 14 and the assassination of a police officer on Jan. 28.
Investigations also revealed that one of the organization leaders, currently in Iran, was continuing his criminal and terrorist activities and plots against Bahrain, Al Hammadi added.
Bahrain has been accusing Iran of standing behind its instability to achieve its regional expanding goals, such accusations denied by Iran.
Related news releases
- 23.05.2017Cholera death toll in Yemen rises to 350
- 22.05.2017Turkish military kills 4 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 22.05.2017Rouhani says regional stability impossible without Iran
- 22.05.2017Trump: 'Iran will never have a nuclear weapon'
- 22.05.2017Cholera outbreak claims 315 lives in Yemen
- 22.05.2017Tehran slams Trump’s speech in Saudi Arabia
- 21.05.20174 suspected Baloch separatists killed in SW Pakistan
- 20.05.2017Indian court acquits Muslim scholar in train blast case
- 20.05.2017US, Saudi Arabia sign $110B arms deal amid Trump visit
- 20.05.2017Hassan Rouhani says Iran wants interaction with the world
- 20.05.20176 dead as armed militants storm bank in Afghanistan
- 20.05.2017Iranian Interior Ministry: Hassan Rouhani wins presidential elections
- 20.05.2017Trump arrives in Saudi Arabia in first foreign trip
- 20.05.2017Hassan Rouhani re-elected as Iranian president
- 20.05.2017Magnitude 5.9 quake strikes off Philippines
- 20.05.2017At least 13 killed in Iraq car bombings
- 20.05.2017Rouhani leads Iran presidential race, expected to win: source
- 20.05.2017North Korea's UN envoy slams 'hostile' US policy
- 20.05.20173 Iraqi soldiers killed in southern Basra city
- 20.05.2017Polls close in Iran presidential election
- 19.05.2017Landmine blast claims 11 lives in Afghanistan
- 19.05.2017Iran presidential election: Voting time extended 2 hours
- 19.05.2017Two dead, several missing as bridge collapses in India
- 19.05.2017Iran’s first VP urges respect for election results
- 19.05.20175 ISIL suspects arrested in Istanbul
- 18.05.2017ISIL attacks Syrian Deir ez-Zor with rockets, kill 3 civilians
- 18.05.2017US coalition strike on Syrian army occurred within established Safe Zone
- 17.05.2017Pakistan protests with UN team over Indian shelling
- 17.05.2017Workers trapped after methane gas explosion in Turkey
- 17.05.2017Pyongyang developing missiles faster than Seoul expected
- 17.05.2017OPEC suffers decline in export revenues: EIA
- 16.05.2017Death toll from China truck-bus crash rises to 12
- 15.05.2017North Korea vows missile tests 'any time, any place', defying U.S. warnings
- 15.05.2017Iraq’s al-Sadr urges Tehran, Riyadh to engage in talks
- 14.05.2017Suspected ransomware attack at southeast Ireland's healthcare facility
- 14.05.2017At least 3 killed, 225 injured in earthquake in northeastern Iran - UPDATED
- 14.05.2017States should abandon belligerent rhetoric to overcome global stagnation — Putin
- 14.05.2017North Korea missile flew about 700 kilometers, - UPDATED
- 14.05.2017North Korea launches presumed ballistic missile
- 13.05.2017Iranian Security Forces foil terror act plotted by Espionage group
- 06.03.2017One more Russian serviceman reported dead in Syria
- 07.03.2017Four protesters killed, dozens injured in south eastern Nepal
- 07.03.20175 traffic police, 5 civilians killed in renewed fighting in Myanmar
- 05.03.2017Jordan executes 15 prisoners, 10 convicted of terrorism
- 04.03.2017Plane crash reported in southern Turkey
- 04.03.2017Malaysia expels North Korean ambassador