Bahrain discovers terrorist cell of 54 members
Bahrain's public prosecution announced on Saturday the discovery of a terrorist cell of 54 members, APA reports quoting Bahrain News Agency.
Chief of Terror Crime Prosecution Advocate General Ahmed Al Hammadi said that 25 members of the cell who had carried out acts of terror had been arrested and that the investigations by the public prosecution were ongoing.
The investigations revealed that the movements of the terrorists to other countries were coordinated by one of the cell leaders based in Germany, he said, adding that the cell leader also made arrangements for several members to go to Iran and Iraq for explosives and firearms training ahead of carrying out their terrorist crimes in Bahrain.
The leaders and members of the cell had prepared and made plans for a number of terrorist crimes in order to disrupt public order and endanger the safety of the kingdom, Al Hammadi added.
Investigations revealed that the defendants were linked with a series of the seizure of machine guns and explosive devices in the Nabih Salih area late last year, the jailbreak on Jan. 1, the attack of police patrol that injured one police personnel on Jan. 14 and the assassination of a police officer on Jan. 28.
Investigations also revealed that one of the organization leaders, currently in Iran, was continuing his criminal and terrorist activities and plots against Bahrain, Al Hammadi added.
Bahrain has been accusing Iran of standing behind its instability to achieve its regional expanding goals, such accusations denied by Iran.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 12.06.2018Ex-NBA star Rodman bursts in tears after historic Trump, Kim handshake
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim complete extended format talks - UPDATED-1
- 12.06.2018U.S. unveils de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions
- 12.06.2018Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim is 'very, very good'
- 12.06.2018North Korea's Kim visits Singapore's sky bar, gardens in surprise evening tour
- 12.06.2018Kim set a deadline for ending summit, prompting earlier exit by Trump
- 12.06.2018Qatar sues United Arab Emirates at UN rights court
- 11.06.2018Former NBA star Rodman arrives in Singapore for Trump-Kim summit
- 11.06.2018Turkey launches anti-PKK ops in Qandil Mountains – Erdogan
- 11.06.2018Iran warns North Korea of US breach of promise
- 10.06.2018Frenchman commits suicide at Mecca - VİDEO
- 10.06.2018Terrorist cell smashed in Northwestern Iran
- 10.06.2018Kim Jong-un Departs for Singapore Summit
- 10.06.2018Civilians killed in Houthi shelling of Saudi Arabia’s Jaza
- 09.06.201814 PKK terrorists ‘neutralized’ in southeastern Turkey
- 09.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries after PKK clash
- 09.06.2018Turkish forces 'deployed 30km inside' of northern Iraq
- 09.06.2018China accused of hacking, stealing US Navy plans
- 09.06.2018EU foreign policy chief cancels visit to Israel
- 08.06.2018Israeli troops kill four Palestinians as Gaza protest resumes
- 08.06.2018Saudi court sentences 4 to death over Iran espionage
- 07.06.2018At least 18 killed in Baghdad explosion
- 07.06.2018Sudan says it has cut all defence ties with North Korea
- 06.03.2017One more Russian serviceman reported dead in Syria
- 07.03.2017Four protesters killed, dozens injured in south eastern Nepal
- 07.03.20175 traffic police, 5 civilians killed in renewed fighting in Myanmar
- 05.03.2017Jordan executes 15 prisoners, 10 convicted of terrorism
- 04.03.2017Plane crash reported in southern Turkey
- 04.03.2017Malaysia expels North Korean ambassador