Bahrain discovers terrorist cell of 54 members
Bahrain's public prosecution announced on Saturday the discovery of a terrorist cell of 54 members, APA reports quoting Bahrain News Agency.
Chief of Terror Crime Prosecution Advocate General Ahmed Al Hammadi said that 25 members of the cell who had carried out acts of terror had been arrested and that the investigations by the public prosecution were ongoing.
The investigations revealed that the movements of the terrorists to other countries were coordinated by one of the cell leaders based in Germany, he said, adding that the cell leader also made arrangements for several members to go to Iran and Iraq for explosives and firearms training ahead of carrying out their terrorist crimes in Bahrain.
The leaders and members of the cell had prepared and made plans for a number of terrorist crimes in order to disrupt public order and endanger the safety of the kingdom, Al Hammadi added.
Investigations revealed that the defendants were linked with a series of the seizure of machine guns and explosive devices in the Nabih Salih area late last year, the jailbreak on Jan. 1, the attack of police patrol that injured one police personnel on Jan. 14 and the assassination of a police officer on Jan. 28.
Investigations also revealed that one of the organization leaders, currently in Iran, was continuing his criminal and terrorist activities and plots against Bahrain, Al Hammadi added.
Bahrain has been accusing Iran of standing behind its instability to achieve its regional expanding goals, such accusations denied by Iran.
Related news releases
- 27.04.2017Israeli strike hits Iranian arms supply depot in Damascus
- 27.04.2017China warns of 'unimaginable' Korean war
- 27.04.2017Air attacks kill 6 in refugee camp in Syria’s Idlib
- 26.04.201710 Iranian guards killed at Pakistani border
- 26.04.201714 killed in Taliban attack in Pakistan's tribal belt
- 26.04.2017The United States received a notice from Turkey an hour before operation in Syria and Iraq
- 26.04.2017Turkish jets kill senior PKK member in northern Iraq
- 25.04.2017Ankara court sentences 24 to life for killing Kurdish teen
- 24.04.201726 paramilitary personnel killed in central India
- 24.04.2017Philippines: 36 Maute terrorists killed in clashes
- 24.04.2017Suspected Maoist rebels kill 24 troops in Chhattisgarh
- 24.04.2017Iran to open polls in Azerbaijan for May 19 presidential election
- 23.04.2017Magnitude 5.3 earthquake hits Philippines
- 23.04.2017Saudi king restores civil service and military allowances
- 22.04.2017Turkey condemns terror attack on Afghan army
- 22.04.2017Five killed in road accident in southern Philippines
- 22.04.2017Terrorists launch mortar attack in Damascus
- 22.04.2017Taliban kill '140' troops in Afghan base attack
- 22.04.2017At least 8 killed in eastern India in fighting over control for sandpits
- 21.04.2017U.S. forces kill Islamic State militant linked to Turkey nightclub attack
- 21.04.2017Taliban inflict more than 50 Afghan casualties in base attack, U.S. says - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017İSİL claims responsibility for Paris shooting
- 21.04.2017EU says ready to welcome back UK if it decides to stay
- 20.04.2017Russian officer killed in militant attack on Syrian Army Base - UPDATED
- 20.04.2017Syrian President: "Reports about capture of ISIL leader Baghdadi not true"
- 20.04.2017Pakistan court: Insufficient evidence to remove Sharif
- 20.04.2017Bus-truck collision leaves 11 dead in Iran
- 20.04.2017North Korea says 'don't mess with us' as U.S. plans next move
- 20.04.2017Syria chemical attack undeniable, says OPCW chief
- 20.04.2017At Least 3 Al-Qaeda Militants Killed in Airstrikes in Southern Afghanistan
- 20.04.2017Tillerson: Iran nuclear agreement fails to achieve objectives
- 19.04.2017Iraqi army says third of old western Mosul retaken
- 19.04.2017Australian advisers caught in Mosul chemical attack
- 19.04.2017Pentagon might try to shoot down Pyongyang’s next missile test
- 18.04.2017Daesh car-bomb attack kills 16 in W. Mosul: Iraqi army
- 18.04.2017Iranian president criticizes IRGC for interfering country’s economic affairs
- 18.04.2017285 killed during Myanmar’s water festival
- 18.04.2017Japan may consider deploying troops in case of DPRK missile fall in its waters
- 18.04.2017Hardline Hindu youth call the shots on streets of northern India
- 17.04.2017US and South Korea agree 'early' deployment of THAAD missile defence system
- 06.03.2017One more Russian serviceman reported dead in Syria
- 07.03.2017Four protesters killed, dozens injured in south eastern Nepal
- 07.03.20175 traffic police, 5 civilians killed in renewed fighting in Myanmar
- 05.03.2017Jordan executes 15 prisoners, 10 convicted of terrorism
- 04.03.2017Plane crash reported in southern Turkey
- 04.03.2017Malaysia expels North Korean ambassador