Azerbaijani businessman sets himself on fire in Moscow oblast
An Azerbaijani businessman sets himself on fire after a dispute with a policy officer in Korolyov city of Moscow oblast.
On November 22 afternoon, a dispute erupted between Rovshan Allahverdiyev, who is originally from Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district and is engaged in small business nearby the Podlipki-Dachnye railway station in Korolyov city, and police captain Mikhail Vinogradov after the latter illegally asked for his “fair share” from him, APA’s Moscow correspondent has learned.
Police captain Vinogradov, who was illegally asking for his “fair share” from Rovshan Allahverdiyev on a regular basis, came to the Azerbaijani business on the day of the incident. This time, the Azerbaijani businessman, who has fruit and vegetable counter nearby the Podlipki-Dachnye railway station, refused to pay the police officer. Then Vinogradov began to threaten him that he would burn his counter. The police officer brought a bottle of gasoline from the car and poured it over Allahverdiyev and the counter. Having been tired of the police officer’s threat, the Azerbaijani businessman set himself on fire.
Other Azerbaijanis working near the railway station rushed him to hospital. With his entire body burned, Rovshan has been placed in the intensive care unit and is in critical condition.
Azerbaijani residents of the city of Korolev told APA that law enforcement authorities have not yet taken any action with regard to the incident.
“Vinogradov is still on the loose. Azerbaijanis confirmed that the captain was illegally asking for his “fair share” from owners of shops in the vicinity of Podlipka station. A group of Azerbaijanis have written a letter of complaint to the prosecutor’s office about the incident and other acts committed by Vinogradov,” they said.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017Tsunami alert as quakes rock Indonesia
- 15.12.2017Japan says North Korea not interested in meaningful talks
- 14.12.2017New footage suggests North Korea might have an H-Bomb
- 14.12.201738 ISIL militants executed in Iraq
- 14.12.2017Putin specifies conditions for Russian involvement in addressing Syrian refugee problems
- 14.12.2017Putin warns against U.S. strike on North Korea
- 14.12.2017North Korea shows no sign it is serious about talking: U.S. official
- 14.12.2017Israel puts Gaza border on lockdown over security concerns
- 14.12.2017Syrian opposition discusses electoral process with UN
- 14.12.20172 Daesh militants killed in Iraq’s Kirkuk
- 13.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani urges every possible means to avert US move on Holy Quds
- 13.12.2017Palestinian president urges world not to recognize Israeli state
- 13.12.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes rocket scientists, promises more weapons
- 13.12.20176.1 earthquake strikes eastern Iran
- 13.12.2017Yemeni PM accuses Houthis of subservience to Tehran
- 12.12.2017Russia withdraws diplomats from Yemen's Sanaa
- 12.12.2017Hamas announces beginning of third intifada against US decision on Jerusalem
- 12.12.2017EU tells Netanyahu it rejects Trump's Jerusalem move
- 12.12.2017Hezbollah's Nasrallah says group to focus on Israel
- 11.12.20176-magnitude earthquake rattles western Iran
- 11.12.20176-magnitude earthquake hits Iran
- 11.12.2017Putin orders Russian forces pullout from Syria
- 11.12.2017Putin visits Russia’s Hmeymim air base in Syria
- 10.12.2017Lebanon’s FM: "Arab nations should consider imposing economic sanctions against the United States"
- 10.12.2017Arab states urge U.S. to abandon Jerusalem move
- 10.12.2017South Korea's Hyundai says faces headwinds from weaker yen next year
- 10.12.2017Palestinian President Abbas won't meet Pence in region: foreign minister
- 10.12.2017Iraq and Iran sign Kirkuk oil swap deal
- 09.12.2017Turkey, Iran security cooperation ‘vital’ for region
- 09.12.20172 dead, 7 buried in debris after chemical plant explosion in east China
- 09.12.2017Iraq declares war with Islamic State is over
- 09.12.2017Two dead in 'Day of Rage' over Jerusalem, Palestinian president defiant
- 09.12.2017Airstrikes kill 5 civilians in Syria
- 09.12.2017Palestinian negotiator says 'no talking' with U.S. until Trump reverses Jerusalem decision: Al Jazeera
- 09.12.2017At least 25 wounded in Israeli retaliation strikes in Gaza
- 08.12.2017Israeli servicemen down rocket fired from Gaza Strip
- 08.12.2017Two hikers dead, 7 missing in Iran avalanche
- 08.12.2017Clashes erupt in West Bank, East Jerusalem between Palestinian protesters and Israeli troops
- 08.12.20171 killed, 8 wounded in eastern Afghan mosque blast
- 08.12.2017Israel strikes Gaza, no injured
- 25.11.2017Rouhani assures Assad of Iran's support for Syria in combating terrorism
- 26.11.2017Pakistani government calls in army to help disperse Islamist protesters
- 26.11.20175 killed in clashes between security forces, gunmen
- 24.11.2017Kyrgyzstan’s new president officially takes office
- 24.11.2017Eight 'North Korean fishermen' wash ashore in Japan
- 24.11.2017Iranian warships to head for Gulf of Mexico