Azerbaijani businessman sets himself on fire in Moscow oblast
An Azerbaijani businessman sets himself on fire after a dispute with a policy officer in Korolyov city of Moscow oblast.
On November 22 afternoon, a dispute erupted between Rovshan Allahverdiyev, who is originally from Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district and is engaged in small business nearby the Podlipki-Dachnye railway station in Korolyov city, and police captain Mikhail Vinogradov after the latter illegally asked for his “fair share” from him, APA’s Moscow correspondent has learned.
Police captain Vinogradov, who was illegally asking for his “fair share” from Rovshan Allahverdiyev on a regular basis, came to the Azerbaijani business on the day of the incident. This time, the Azerbaijani businessman, who has fruit and vegetable counter nearby the Podlipki-Dachnye railway station, refused to pay the police officer. Then Vinogradov began to threaten him that he would burn his counter. The police officer brought a bottle of gasoline from the car and poured it over Allahverdiyev and the counter. Having been tired of the police officer’s threat, the Azerbaijani businessman set himself on fire.
Other Azerbaijanis working near the railway station rushed him to hospital. With his entire body burned, Rovshan has been placed in the intensive care unit and is in critical condition.
Azerbaijani residents of the city of Korolev told APA that law enforcement authorities have not yet taken any action with regard to the incident.
“Vinogradov is still on the loose. Azerbaijanis confirmed that the captain was illegally asking for his “fair share” from owners of shops in the vicinity of Podlipka station. A group of Azerbaijanis have written a letter of complaint to the prosecutor’s office about the incident and other acts committed by Vinogradov,” they said.
Related news releases
- 14.07.2018Velayati: Russia wants to create joint electrical grid with Iran, Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018China floods wreak havoc, block roads and railways
- 14.07.2018Palestinian teenager killed in Israel-Gaza border protests
- 13.07.2018Suicide bomber kills 128 in attack on Pakistani election rally
- 13.07.2018Former Pakistani premier Sharif arrested in Lahore
- 13.07.2018Indian planes carrying more than 300 people avoid mid-air collision by 200 feet
- 12.07.2018FBI Presents New Details on Lead Up to Saddam Hussein's Interrogation
- 12.07.2018Kim Jong-un: "Extraordinary efforts' made by Trump for improving US-N Korea ties
- 11.07.2018Iran Supreme Leader's aide hails 'strategic' ties with Russia before Putin talks
- 11.07.201812 killed in election rally in NW Pakistan
- 10.07.2018Death toll in Japan flood disaster rises to 156
- 10.07.2018Last remaining kid, coach evacuated from Thai cave - media
- 10.07.2018At least 140 dead after heavy rain and landslides in Japan
- 09.07.2018Death toll rises to 126 in W. Japan after flood, rain
- 08.07.2018Japan floods and heavy rain leave at least 41 dead, dozens missing - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018North Korea regrets US stance at talks
- 07.07.2018Iran calls for EU help as shipping giant pulls out for fear of U.S. sanctions
- 07.07.2018Insider attack in S. Afghanistan kills 1 US serviceman, injures 2 others - NATO - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018Indian army kills 3 civilians in southern Kashmir
- 07.07.2018Both sides seek to 'clarify' as Pompeo holds second day of North Korea talks
- 07.07.2018No breakthrough in nuclear talks as Iran demands more after U.S. exit
- 07.07.2018Israeli air strike hits Syria at Golan frontier
- 07.07.2018Palestinian killed as Gaza protests against Israel enter fourth month
- 07.07.2018Second Saudi teen kills self after playing online game
- 06.07.2018Iranian leader describes EU proposals to save JCPOA as ‘disappointing’
- 05.07.2018German Coalition parties reach deal on Migration
- 05.07.2018Iranian FM summons German, French, Belgian diplomats
- 05.07.2018Pakistani court sends fake degree mill owner to jail
- 04.07.2018Iraq urges world countries to repatriate Islamic State children
- 04.07.20184.3-magnitude earthquake hits southern Iran
- 02.07.2018Thai rescue teams find 13 missing in cave alive
- 02.07.20184 PKK terrorists neutralized in SE Turkey
- 01.07.2018Three settlements in Syria’s southwest de-escalation zone join ceasefire
- 01.07.2018Explosive device detonates near school in Syrian city of Al Hasakah
- 30.06.2018Iran still awaits for EU proposals on preserving nuclear deal - Tehran
- 30.06.2018Turkish army 'neutralizes' 2 PKK terrorists
- 30.06.2018'Enemy Seeking Discord in Iran,' Khamenei Warns
- 30.06.2018Islamist militants attack African military base in Mali, at least six dead
- 30.06.2018Israeli forces kill two Palestinians in Gaza border protests: Gaza medics
- 30.06.2018Jordan source reports south Syria truce; State Department cannot confirm
- 17.07.2018Protests in Iraq leave 5 dead, 190 injured
- 15.07.2018Indonesian police shoot dead three suspected militants
- 15.07.2018Rouhani: "The US ‘more isolated than ever’ over Iran sanctions"
- 14.07.2018At least 10 killed by landslide in northern Myanmar