At least three dead, 20 feared trapped after plant in India collapses
A rescue operation is underway in India after a factory collapsed. Emergency workers are trying to fing survivors under the wreckage, APA reports quoting spuntiknews.
On Monday at about midday local time (6.30 am GMT) the fire broke out at 8 am (2.30am) at the factory. The incident took place at Mushtaq Nagar in the industrial city of Ludhiana, some 100 km from the Punjab capital of Chandigarh.
At least three people, including a fireman, are dead and 20 others feared trapped in the debris after a four-story plastics factory in India's northern Ludhiana city caught fire and collapsed. Two of the victims are believed to be a fireman and a taxi service owner, as the Indian Express said. Moreover, eight fire department employees are reported to be among those trapped.
State Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has turned to the district administration for help in a rescue operation.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018South Korea says U.S. sanctions on North will bolster U.N. resolutions
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 21.11.2017Pakistani forces rescue 18 hostages near Iran’s border
- 21.11.2017Iranian president declares end to ISIS
- 21.11.2017Army chiefs discuss de-escalation zones in Syria
- 21.11.2017Suspected cholera cases in Yemen hit 940,000: WHO
- 20.11.2017Iran president due in Russia on Wednesday for tripartite talks
- 20.11.2017Third round of Iran-EU talks kicks off in Tehran