Airstrikes kill 14 terrorists in Kirkuk: Iraqi sources
At least 14 Daesh terrorists were killed Tuesday in airstrikes carried out by a U.S.-led coalition in Iraq’s northern Kirkuk province, according to local security sources, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
“An aircraft belonging to the international coalition targeted a Daesh bomb factory in Hawija’s Riyadh district southwest of Kirkuk city,” Khalid al-Numan, a Kirkuk police officer, told Anadolu Agency.
The airstrikes, he said, had left at least 14 Daesh militants dead.
“Intelligence sources from inside the targeted area also confirmed that dozens of other Daesh militants suffered injuries,” al-Numan added.
The U.S.-led coalition, for its part, has yet to comment on the reported airstrikes.
In a related development Tuesday, a Baghdad-based security source said that one Hashd al-Shaabi fighter had been killed in a bomb attack south of the capital.
“A Hashd al-Shaabi patrol came under attack Tuesday in the Arab Jabour district south of Baghdad, killing one fighter and injuring three others,” Baghdad Police Captain Nazhan al-Khader told Anadolu Agency.
A largely Shia fighting force, the Hashd al-Shaabi was incorporated into the Iraqi army last year.
While no group has claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack in Baghdad, the authorities typically blame such attacks on Daesh, which has recently suffered a string of defeats after overrunning much of Iraq in 2014.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 12.09.2017200,000 Rohingya children need urgent support: UNICEF
- 13.09.2017Five crew missing after dredger collides with tanker off Singapore
- 13.09.2017Iraqi MPs call for crisis meeting on Kurd region poll
- 11.09.2017Israel welcomes decision to pardon blogger Lapshin
- 10.09.2017First Summit on Science and Technology of Organization of Islamic Cooperation starts in Astana
- 10.09.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash