Airstrikes kill 14 terrorists in Kirkuk: Iraqi sources
At least 14 Daesh terrorists were killed Tuesday in airstrikes carried out by a U.S.-led coalition in Iraq’s northern Kirkuk province, according to local security sources, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
“An aircraft belonging to the international coalition targeted a Daesh bomb factory in Hawija’s Riyadh district southwest of Kirkuk city,” Khalid al-Numan, a Kirkuk police officer, told Anadolu Agency.
The airstrikes, he said, had left at least 14 Daesh militants dead.
“Intelligence sources from inside the targeted area also confirmed that dozens of other Daesh militants suffered injuries,” al-Numan added.
The U.S.-led coalition, for its part, has yet to comment on the reported airstrikes.
In a related development Tuesday, a Baghdad-based security source said that one Hashd al-Shaabi fighter had been killed in a bomb attack south of the capital.
“A Hashd al-Shaabi patrol came under attack Tuesday in the Arab Jabour district south of Baghdad, killing one fighter and injuring three others,” Baghdad Police Captain Nazhan al-Khader told Anadolu Agency.
A largely Shia fighting force, the Hashd al-Shaabi was incorporated into the Iraqi army last year.
While no group has claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack in Baghdad, the authorities typically blame such attacks on Daesh, which has recently suffered a string of defeats after overrunning much of Iraq in 2014.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Turkey neutralizes at least 11 PKK terrorists in ops
- 23.06.20186 killed in landslide in Myanmar's northernmost state
- 22.06.2018Turkish army neutralizes 87 PKK terrorists in a week
- 22.06.2018Saudi-led coalition faces tough battle for Yemen's Hodeidah port
- 21.06.2018Trump: North Korea blowing up test sites, 'total denuclearization...has already started'
- 21.06.2018Syria’s Idlib rocked by twin bombings; 5 killed
- 21.06.2018North Korea preparing to destroy ICBM test site
- 21.06.201810 killed in road accident in NW Pakistan
- 21.06.2018Turkish airstrikes cause serious losses to PKK in Iraq
- 20.06.2018More than 240 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 20.06.2018Iran says no plans to increase missile range, rejects talks with Trump
- 20.06.2018North Korea expected to begin transferring remains of U.S. troops soon: officials
- 20.06.2018North Korea, China discuss 'true peace', denuclearization: KCNA
- 20.06.2018Uzbekistan starts direct negotiations with Taliban
- 20.06.2018Afghan president offers year of ceasefire to Taliban
- 19.06.2018Iran rules out OPEC deal as Russia, Saudi push for oil output hike
- 19.06.2018Russia, Saudi push for big hike in oil output despite Iran opposition
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 12.06.2018Ex-NBA star Rodman bursts in tears after historic Trump, Kim handshake
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim complete extended format talks - UPDATED-1
- 12.06.2018U.S. unveils de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions
- 12.06.2018Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim is 'very, very good'
- 12.06.2018North Korea's Kim visits Singapore's sky bar, gardens in surprise evening tour
- 12.06.2018Kim set a deadline for ending summit, prompting earlier exit by Trump
- 12.09.2017200,000 Rohingya children need urgent support: UNICEF
- 13.09.2017Five crew missing after dredger collides with tanker off Singapore
- 13.09.2017Iraqi MPs call for crisis meeting on Kurd region poll
- 11.09.2017Israel welcomes decision to pardon blogger Lapshin
- 10.09.2017First Summit on Science and Technology of Organization of Islamic Cooperation starts in Astana
- 10.09.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash