8 terrorists 'neutralized' this week in Turkey, N Iraq
A total of 18 PKK terrorists were "neutralized" in Turkey's southeastern provinces of Diyarbakir, Mardin and northern Iraq this week, the Turkish General Staff said on Saturday, APA reports quoting Anadolu agency.
Turkish officials often use the word "neutralized" in their statements to imply the terrorists in question either surrendered or were killed or captured.
According to a statement from the military, the operations took place from March 2-9.
One of the neutralized terrorists was from the senior cadre of the PKK, it added.
One soldier was martyred and two were wounded during the operations in the same period.
A total of 7,858 people were also detained over the week, while trying to cross the Turkish borders illegally.
The statement said 117 soldiers wounded during Operation Olive Branch returned to their duties after medical treatment.
As part of the operation, 3,213 PYD/YPG/PKK and Daesh terrorists were neutralized, 42 soldiers were martyred and 202 soldiers were wounded, the statement added.
On Jan. 20, Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch to clear YPG/PKK and Daesh terrorists from Afrin, northwestern Syria.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Iran says no plans to increase missile range, rejects talks with Trump
- 20.06.2018North Korea expected to begin transferring remains of U.S. troops soon: officials
- 20.06.2018North Korea, China discuss 'true peace', denuclearization: KCNA
- 20.06.2018Uzbekistan starts direct negotiations with Taliban
- 20.06.2018Afghan president offers year of ceasefire to Taliban
- 19.06.2018Iran rules out OPEC deal as Russia, Saudi push for oil output hike
- 19.06.2018Russia, Saudi push for big hike in oil output despite Iran opposition
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 12.06.2018Ex-NBA star Rodman bursts in tears after historic Trump, Kim handshake
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim complete extended format talks - UPDATED-1
- 12.06.2018U.S. unveils de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions
- 12.06.2018Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim is 'very, very good'
- 12.06.2018North Korea's Kim visits Singapore's sky bar, gardens in surprise evening tour
- 12.06.2018Kim set a deadline for ending summit, prompting earlier exit by Trump
- 12.06.2018Qatar sues United Arab Emirates at UN rights court
- 11.06.2018Former NBA star Rodman arrives in Singapore for Trump-Kim summit
- 11.06.2018Turkey launches anti-PKK ops in Qandil Mountains – Erdogan
- 11.06.2018Iran warns North Korea of US breach of promise
- 10.06.2018Frenchman commits suicide at Mecca - VİDEO
- 10.06.2018Terrorist cell smashed in Northwestern Iran
- 10.06.2018Kim Jong-un Departs for Singapore Summit
- 10.06.2018Civilians killed in Houthi shelling of Saudi Arabia’s Jaza
- 09.06.201814 PKK terrorists ‘neutralized’ in southeastern Turkey
- 09.06.2018Turkish soldier succumbs to injuries after PKK clash
- 10.03.2018Iran expresses protest to UK over incident with embassy in London – FM
- 11.03.2018So-called leaders of YPG/PKK 'fleeing' Afrin
- 11.03.2018Military vehicle crash in Turkey martyrs one soldier
- 10.03.2018North Korean state media quiet on Kim Jong Un's overtures to Trump
- 09.03.2018Iranian farmers stage protest in drought-hit Isfahan
- 08.03.2018Israel will always control Jordan Valley: Netanyahu