48 Daesh-linked suspects arrested across Turkey
Security forces on Saturday arrested 48 foreigners in Istanbul and capital Ankara over their suspected links to the Daesh terrorist organization, APA reports quoting Anadolu.
Istanbul Police Department's Anti-Terrorism Branch launched an operation to nab the suspects who were allegedly planning to carry out terror attacks.
Thirty-one suspects were arrested in three districts of Istanbul, while separately in Ankara, 17 Daesh terrorists were also detained during simultaneous operations, a security source, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media, said.
Turkish security forces have been involved in a long-running campaign to thwart Daesh attacks.
More than 300 people have lost their lives in Daesh-claimed attacks in Turkey, where the terror organization has targeted civilians in suicide bomb, rocket and gun attacks.
Related news releases
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President at Winter Olympics
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018North Korea's Kim Jong-un invites South Korean president to Pyongyang
- 10.02.2018South Korea's Moon hosts talks with North Korean leader's sister
- 10.02.2018Pence avoids Olympics encounter with North Korean official as Korean athletes march together
- 09.02.20188 killed, 3 missing in south China road collapse
- 09.02.2018Islamic State begins to earn money through online casinos
- 08.02.2018Airstrikes kill 54 civilians in Syria’s Eastern Ghouta
- 08.02.2018Erdogan, Rouhani hail increased cooperation on security - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hong Kong bus overturns killing 18
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201827 reported dead in bus crash in Indonesia
- 10.02.20182 Turkish pilots martyred in Syria helicopter crash
- 10.02.2018Turkish military, Free Syrian Army free another village