4 schoolchildren drown in India as boat capsizes
At least four children died on Saturday after a boat carrying 40 schoolchildren capsized in the Arabian Sea, 135 kilometers (83.8 miles) from Mumbai city in western Mahrashtra state, said officials, APA reports quoting Anadolu.
According to local media reports, 32 children have been rescued by local fishermen and administration. The students were on a picnic when they boarded the boat. They were not wearing any life jackets and the boat was overcrowded.
Manjunath Singe, the district superintendent, confirmed the death toll to Anadolu Agency over the phone.
In a separate incident, at least five people were killed in a chopper crash in Mumbai.
Two pilots and five officials of the state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) were on board when it crashed off the Mumbai coast.
The wreckage was found along with five bodies, said the Indian navy in a tweet from its official account.
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation comes under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Yemen: 8 get death for collaborating with coalition
- 26.04.2018South Korea's Moon to meet North Korea's Kim at border for summit
- 25.04.2018Rouhani: US sets eyes on Arabian black gold reserves, bank accounts
- 24.04.20186 PKK terrorists 'neutralized' in N.Iraq
- 24.04.2018North Korean leader mourns deaths of Chinese tourists
- 24.04.2018Magnitude 5.1 earthquake strikes southeastern Turkey
- 24.04.2018Southern China karaoke lounge fire kills 18 - police
- 24.04.2018Saudi-led air strikes kill at least 20 at Yemen wedding
- 23.04.2018Russian, Chinese FMs call for peace in Syria
- 23.04.20187 killed, 2 injured in SW China road accident
- 22.04.2018Iran 'ready' to resume nuke program if US leaves deal
- 22.04.2018India seeks death penalty for child rapists
- 22.04.2018Saudi police: Riyadh's shooting targeted toy drone - UPDATED
- 22.04.2018Arms seized from militants shown in Syria’s Douma
- 22.04.2018Fears of a coup are sparked in Saudi Arabia after heavy gunfire erupts near the Royal Palace
- 21.04.2018PKK terror attack kills civilian in eastern Turkey
- 21.04.2018Japan’s Abe lauds North Korea move to end nuclear tests
- 21.04.2018Israeli troops kill four Palestinians in border protest
- 21.04.2018North Korea says will stop nuclear tests, scrap test site
- 21.04.2018Twenty killed in air strike in southwest Yemen: residents
- 21.04.2018Tehran warns Israel: Our ‘hands are on the trigger’
- 20.04.201829 Daesh terrorists killed in Iraq by airstrikes
- 20.04.2018Turkish court remands 3 senior FETO members
- 20.04.2018Four Saudi security forces killed by gunmen in southern province
- 19.04.2018U.N. team fired upon in Syria while visiting suspected chemical sites
- 18.04.2018Peace treaty with North Korea possible following denuclearization
- 18.04.2018Iranian helicopter crashes into Persian Gulf
- 17.04.2018Putin, Merkel discuss Syria — Kremlin
- 14.04.2018Rouhani, Assad hold phone conversation
- 14.04.2018Ali Khamenei accuses US, France and Britain of crime
- 14.04.2018Iranian FM: US, British, French aggression on Syria breaches international laws
- 14.04.2018Israel: Strikes in Syria an 'important signal' to Iran, Syria and Hezbollah
- 14.04.2018Syrian air defenses shot down 13 missiles: state TV
- 14.04.2018Israel says Iranian drone it shot down in February was carrying explosives
- 13.04.2018Russia claims chemical attack in Syria was 'staged and directed by UK'
- 12.04.2018Turkish army neutralizes 3 PKK/PYD-YPG terrorists
- 12.04.2018At least 16 killed by bombing to the north of Baghdad
- 12.04.2018Russian MFA: Israeli air force’s missile strikes on Syria coincident with intensified activities of ISIS
- 12.04.2018Erdogan: Supporters of murderous Assad and PYD are mistaken
- 12.04.2018Israel warns Iran not to test its determination
- 14.01.2018South Korea and North Korea to hold working-level talks on January 15
- 14.01.2018Iraqi PM announces coalition for May election
- 15.01.2018UAE says Qatari jet fighters intercepted civilian flights
- 13.01.2018Turkish military convoy dispatched to Syrian border
- 13.01.2018Erdoğan says Turkey will clear border of YPG terrorists
- 13.01.2018Iran rejects Trump's call for changes to nuclear deal