3 Pakistani security personnel killed in terror attack
At least three security personnel including an army officer were killed and three others wounded in a terrorist attack in the restive southwestern Balochistan province on Monday, officials said, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
"A Frontier Corps (FC) convoy was on routine patrolling when some unknown gunmen attacked the forces near the Murghab area of Panjgur," a local district administration officer told Anadolu Agency on condition of anonymity, as he was not authorized to speak to the media.
The gunmen disappeared after the attack while the injured were shifted to local hospitals, the officer added.
Security forces cordoned off the area and lunched a search operation to apprehend the culprits behind the attack.
Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi strongly condemned the attack. In a statement, he expressed grief over the loss of precious lives of FC officers and directed authorities to provide the best medical assistance to the injured.
No militant group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, but the outlawed Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and other groups normally claim responsibility for attacks on security forces in the area.
The Balochistan province has witnessed dozens of terrorist attacks in recent months on security personnel and civilians in roadside explosions and gun attacks.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Saudi-led coalition faces tough battle for Yemen's Hodeidah port
- 21.06.2018Trump: North Korea blowing up test sites, 'total denuclearization...has already started'
- 21.06.2018Syria’s Idlib rocked by twin bombings; 5 killed
- 21.06.2018North Korea preparing to destroy ICBM test site
- 21.06.201810 killed in road accident in NW Pakistan
- 21.06.2018Turkish airstrikes cause serious losses to PKK in Iraq
- 20.06.2018More than 240 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 20.06.2018Iran says no plans to increase missile range, rejects talks with Trump
- 20.06.2018North Korea expected to begin transferring remains of U.S. troops soon: officials
- 20.06.2018North Korea, China discuss 'true peace', denuclearization: KCNA
- 20.06.2018Uzbekistan starts direct negotiations with Taliban
- 20.06.2018Afghan president offers year of ceasefire to Taliban
- 19.06.2018Iran rules out OPEC deal as Russia, Saudi push for oil output hike
- 19.06.2018Russia, Saudi push for big hike in oil output despite Iran opposition
- 19.06.2018MERS kills scores in Saudi Arabia
- 19.06.2018North Korea's Kim in China; U.S., South Korea suspend military drill
- 19.06.2018US, Turkey start patrols in Manbij
- 19.06.2018Jordan’s king, Israeli PM hold discussions in Amman
- 18.06.2018Six Iraqis killed in Daesh ambush near Mosul: Official
- 18.06.2018US airstrikes kill 22 Hashd al-Shaabi fighters in Iraq
- 18.06.2018Turkish soldiers enter outer districts of north Syria's Manbij
- 16.06.2018Turkey hits 'critical gathering' of PKK in north Iraq
- 16.06.2018Blast taints cease-fire in Afghanistan, 20 killed
- 15.06.2018Yemen gov’t forces take Al-Hudaydah’s southern entrance
- 14.06.2018Kashmiri journalist shot dead
- 14.06.2018Moon celebrates peace as Koreas hold military talks
- 13.06.2018Arab states launch biggest assault of Yemen war with attack on main port
- 13.06.2018Russian military seize arms cache in Syria’s Homs province
- 13.06.2018Iraq: Al-Sadr allies with Fatah to form majority group
- 12.06.2018Trump: North Korea sanctions will remain, but ‘war games’ to end
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim sign document following Singapore meeting
- 12.06.2018Ex-NBA star Rodman bursts in tears after historic Trump, Kim handshake
- 12.06.2018Trump and Kim complete extended format talks - UPDATED-1
- 12.06.2018U.S. unveils de facto embassy in Taiwan amid China tensions
- 12.06.2018Trump says summit with North Korea's Kim is 'very, very good'
- 12.06.2018North Korea's Kim visits Singapore's sky bar, gardens in surprise evening tour
- 12.06.2018Kim set a deadline for ending summit, prompting earlier exit by Trump
- 12.06.2018Qatar sues United Arab Emirates at UN rights court
- 11.06.2018Former NBA star Rodman arrives in Singapore for Trump-Kim summit
- 11.06.2018Turkey launches anti-PKK ops in Qandil Mountains – Erdogan
- 05.09.2017Explosions rock Myanmar area near Bangladesh border amid Rohingya exodus
- 05.09.2017Philippine military says Maute terror group leader dead
- 05.09.2017Two Russian soldiers killed by shelling in Syria's Deir al-Zor province
- 04.09.2017BRICS countries vow to fight terrorism, corruption
- 03.09.2017North Korea shaken by strong tremor, which could signal a weapons test
- 03.09.2017Pyongyang claims it now has hydrogen bomb small enough to mount on ICBM