2 security guards martyred in southeastern Turkey
Two security guards were martyred in southeastern Turkey by PKK terrorists, security sources said Thursday night, APA reports quoting AA.
A guard was martyred in Bingol's village of Alincik during an operation by security forces against PKK terrorists, said the sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
Another guard was wounded in the operation and was taken to Bingol State Hospital.
The operation in the area is ongoing, the sources added.
Meanwhile, security guard Mehmet Paksoy was also martyred by PKK terrorists in front of his home in Sirnak's Uludere district.
In 2014, Paksoy stood as a candidate for mayor of Uludere from the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party.
The PKK -- listed as a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and EU -- resumed its armed campaign against Turkey in July 2015.
Since then, it has been responsible for the deaths of some 1,200 Turkish security personnel and civilians.
Related news releases
- 21.09.2017Troops kill 9 rebels in Northern Philippines Province
- 20.09.2017'Ignorant, absurd, hateful rhetoric' - Iran's president on Trump's un speech
- 20.09.2017Iran publicly hangs man for rape, murder of 7-year-old girl
- 20.09.2017Turkey mulling sanctions over Kurdish referendum
- 19.09.2017Turkish jets kill 3 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 19.09.2017Iran says it will not renegotiate nuclear deal
- 19.09.2017Iraqi Turkmen leader: Barzani plans to annex Kirkuk to Kurdish region
- 19.09.2017Palestine: President, Hamas' Haniyeh talk on phone
- 19.09.2017North Korea: UN sanctions motivate acceleration of nuclear weapon development
- 19.09.2017Turkish president speaks with Iraqi PM on phone
- 18.09.2017Iraq Supreme Court orders suspension of Kurdistan referendum
- 17.09.2017Turkey names new head to religious affairs directorate
- 16.09.2017Car bomb kills one, wounds 10 in disputed Iraqi oil city
- 16.09.2017Iraqi army liberates ISIS-held Akashat town near Syria border
- 16.09.2017Rouhani urges EU to pressure US
- 15.09.2017Islamic State claims responsibility for London blast:
- 15.09.2017Turkish Deputy PM meets Rohingya group's head
- 15.09.2017Seoul holds emergency National Security meeting after North Korean missile test
- 15.09.2017North Korea fires missile over Japan that lands far out in the Pacific
- 14.09.2017At least 50 die in twin attacks in Iraq
- 14.09.2017Airstrikes kill 5 PKK terrorists in eastern Turkey
- 14.09.2017Malaysia’s prime minister calls Myanmar violence genocide
- 14.09.201725 dead in fire at religious school in Malaysia
- 14.09.2017Evacuated Islamic State fighters reach Syria's Deir al-Zor: pro-Damascus commander
- 14.09.2017North Korea accused of raising money by stealing bitcoins in hack attacks
- 13.09.2017Suicide bomb near cricket stadium in Afghan capital kills at least three
- 13.09.2017Iraqi MPs call for crisis meeting on Kurd region poll
- 13.09.2017Five crew missing after dredger collides with tanker off Singapore
- 12.09.2017200,000 Rohingya children need urgent support: UNICEF
- 12.09.2017Airstrikes kill 14 terrorists in Kirkuk: Iraqi sources
- 11.09.2017Israel welcomes decision to pardon blogger Lapshin
- 10.09.2017First Summit on Science and Technology of Organization of Islamic Cooperation starts in Astana
- 10.09.2017North Korea's Kim Jong Un fetes nuclear scientists, holds celebration bash
- 10.09.2017Rohingya insurgents declare temporary ceasefire amid humanitarian crisis
- 10.09.2017North Korea 'secretly helped by Iran to gain nuclear weapons', British officials fear
- 10.09.2017US warplanes stop shadowing ISIL convoy at Russia’s request
- 10.09.2017Rouhani, Erdogan meet in Astana ahead of OIC summit
- 10.09.2017Policeman martyred in vehicle accident in Turkey's east
- 10.09.2017PKK attacker on Turkish opposition convoy identified
- 09.09.20177 PKK terrorists killed in SE Turkey and Iraq's north
- 01.09.2017North Korea Declares Start of Pacific Offensive Amid Missile Standoff
- 01.09.2017Afghan president says ready for dialogue with Pakistan
- 03.09.2017Cambodian opposition leader Kem Sokha arrested over alleged plot
- 01.09.2017Iran, Russia FMs discuss Syria crisis, Astana talks over phone
- 01.09.2017Vietnam says concerned about DPRK's missile launch
- 01.09.2017Deadly floods wreak havoc in Pakistan's Karachi