White House adviser is person of interest in Russia probe: report
A senior White House adviser is a significant person of interest in the law enforcement investigation of possible ties between Donald Trump's election campaign and Russia, the Washington Post said on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter, APA reports quoting Reuters.
The Post said its sources would not further identify the official, who was described as a person close to President Trump.
The report was published as Trump traveled to Saudi Arabia on the first leg of a trip abroad that the White House hopes will shift attention away from the political firestorm triggered by his firing last week of former FBI Director James Comey.
Comey was leading the probe into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. election and possible ties to Trump's campaign.
His firing and news reports that Trump had previously asked Comey to stop investigating former national security adviser Michael Flynn led critics to charge that Trump may have improperly sought to hamper the FBI probe.
Related news releases
- 17.08.2017White House chief of staff briefs Trump on Barcelona incident
- 17.08.2017At least 13 dead in terror attack in Barcelona - UPDATED - VIDEO
- 17.08.2017Clashes at Venezuelan Prison Kill 37 Inmates, Wound 4
- 17.08.2017At least six killed in suspected gang attack at Guatemala hospital
- 17.08.2017Mike Pence urges four South American nations to cut contacts with North Korea
- 17.08.2017US Black Hawk missing in Hawaii, search underway for crew
- 17.08.2017Trump ends business councils after mass resignations
- 16.08.2017Explosion occurs at plaza Venezuela metro station in Caracas
- 16.08.2017Trump: Both sides to blame in Charlottesville violence
- 16.08.2017Colombia’s FARC to become political party with new name, same acronym
- 16.08.2017U.S. confident of 'peaceable' Venezuelan solution
- 16.08.2017US senator McCain urges Trump to promote free trade as NAFTA talks begin
- 15.08.2017U.S. sanctions hit Russian hopes of a 'Trump bump' for investment
- 15.08.2017Oil prices steady after overnight tumble on dollar strength
- 15.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro seeks to capitalize on Trump's military threat
- 15.08.2017Pence says 'failed state' in Venezuela threatens United States
- 15.08.2017Trump condemns KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists
- 14.08.2017Trump returns to Washington with target on China
- 14.08.2017Mike Pence: Peaceful solution to Venezuela crisis is possible
- 13.08.20172 killed in helicopter crash in U.S. state of Virginia
- 13.08.2017Emergency declared in the US as clashes erupt at hate rally
- 12.08.2017At least 1 killed, over 30 injured in Charlottesville Far-Right violence
- 12.08.2017Magnitude 5.6 quake kills 1, hurts 2 in Peru
- 12.08.2017Venezuela defense chief calls Trump threat of intervention 'crazy'
- 12.08.2017Trump: North Korea will regret any acts against US
- 12.08.2017Trump: Military option possible in Venezuela
- 12.08.2017Trump will send envoys to Middle East to discuss peace: official
- 12.08.2017US not interested in talking about back channels with North Korea
- 11.08.2017US state secretary calls for delay of Kurd region poll
- 11.08.2017Trump tweets 'military solutions for North Korea are locked and loaded'
- 11.08.2017Trump thanks Putin for expelling U.S. diplomats, infuriating State Department
- 11.08.2017US could shut Russian consulate over diplomatic ouster
- 11.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro says ready for talks with Trump
- 11.08.2017Trump declares national emergency on opioid abuse
- 11.08.2017Trump escalates warning to North Korea
- 10.08.2017U.S. destroyer challenges China's claims in South China Sea
- 10.08.2017US strongly reacts to Putin's visit to Abkhazia
- 10.08.2017Guam governor says 'no panic' on US pacific island over North Korea's threat
- 10.08.2017Cuban diplomats expelled from US over mystery illness
- 10.08.2017Oil inches higher after data points to declining U.S. inventories
- 09.02.2017UK foreign minister no longer has U.S. citizenship: U.S. Treasury list
- 09.02.2017California reservoirs full, massive flooding, mudslides cause severe damage
- 09.02.2017US, Iraqi defense chiefs discuss western Mosul liberation
- 08.02.2017Colombia's president linked to Odebrecht bribe: prosecutors
- 08.02.2017U.S., Mexican defense chiefs discuss cooperation: Pentagon
- 08.02.2017The White House releases details of the conversation betweeen Trump and Erdogan