US: Trump's deputy national security adviser steps down
President Donald Trump's deputy national security advisor has resigned from her post, the White House confirmed Wednesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
Nadia Schadlow's resignation comes amid a series of major foreign policy developments including a looming military action in Syria after a suspected chemical attack, and a forthcoming sit-down between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Schadlow, the deputy national security advisor for strategy, said she was "proud" to serve under former National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster and the rest of his national security team in her resignation letter to the president.
She added that she is "happy to help" with the transition to John Bolton, McMaster's successor .
Her last day in office will be April 27, she said in the letter, which was tendered Tuesday -- the same day she discussed the transition with Bolton.
In a statement sent to Anadolu Agency White House spokesman Raj Shah said: "The Administration thanks Dr. Schadlow for her service and leadership in crafting the President’s ‘America First’ National Security Strategy."
"We wish Nadia and her family the best," he added.
Schadlow's departure is the third senior national security official to resign or be pushed out of the national security team since Bolton's appointment.
The National Security Council's chief spokesman, Michael Anton, resigned Sunday evening, and Trump's Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert departed on Tuesday amid Bolton's shake-up.
Further departures are expected as Bolton, who assumed his post Monday, develops his own team.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2018Los Angeles Police Arrest Man Barricaded at Trader Joe's Grocery Store
- 21.07.2018Ecuador to withdraw asylum for Julian Assange
- 21.07.2018Ex-Colombian guerrillas sworn into Congress
- 21.07.2018Missouri boat accident kills 17, including nine from one family
- 21.07.2018U.S. urges strict U.N. sanctions until North Korea acts on denuclearization
- 20.07.2018Trump, Putin discussed Syria crisis, returning refugees: Pompeo
- 20.07.2018US: Mattis opposes bid to remove Turkey from F-35 program
- 20.07.2018Pompeo: Possible Trump-Putin meeting in Washington 'All to the Good'
- 20.07.2018Pompeo: Trump set up communications channel with Russia in Helsinki
- 20.07.2018At least 8 dead, 10 injured as tourist vessel capsizes in Missouri - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018At least 7 injured after Tornado hits Iowa factory
- 20.07.2018Trump slams EU over $5 billion fine on Google
- 20.07.2018US immigrant group rejects huge donation
- 20.07.2018Donald Trump invites Putin to the White House
- 19.07.2018Trump says China's currency dropping like a rock - UPDATED
- 19.07.2018Trump says EU officials want to negotiate trade deal in Washington visit
- 19.07.2018Trump says he holds Putin personally responsible for election meddling
- 18.07.2018Trump says Russia no longer targeting US
- 18.07.2018Trump asked eight times to meet Iran president at UN last year
- 18.07.2018Japan, EU sign free trade pact amid worries about Trump
- 18.07.2018Military aircraft crashed in Mexico
- 18.07.2018US Senate Democrats Demand Probe of Putin-Trump Summit
- 18.07.2018Trump says he, Putin discussed North Korea, curbing global nuclear weapons
- 18.07.2018Boeing CEO says Embraer deal offers thrifty suppliers more volume
- 18.07.2018Boy killed during protest in southern Venezuela: police
- 18.07.2018Trump tries to calm political storm over Putin summit, says he misspoke
- 18.07.2018Three teens shot, one critically, in U.S. state of North Carolina
- 17.07.2018Communist-run Cuba starts rolling out internet on mobile phones
- 17.07.2018US judge halts deportations of immigrant families
- 17.07.2018Flying 'lava bomb' injures 13 off coast of Hawaii's big island
- 17.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 17.07.2018Russian Student Arrested in Washington DC, Charged as Foreign Agent
- 16.07.2018Trump says U.S. must find ways to cooperate with Russia
- 16.07.2018Iran sues US for re-imposing sanctions
- 15.07.2018Trump says intends to run for president in 2020
- 15.07.201825 injured after bus overturns on Los Angeles freeway
- 14.07.2018UN General Assembly Reaches global deal on migration
- 14.07.2018UN Security Council imposes arms embargo on South Sudan
- 13.07.2018US indicts 12 Russian spies for 2016 election hacking
- 13.07.2018Department of State: The US strongly supports the Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.04.2018U.S. government posts $209 billion deficit in March
- 12.04.2018U.S. crude hits highest since 2014 on missile concerns
- 12.04.2018UN chief regrets Security Council stalemate over Syria
- 12.04.2018Syria repositions air assets as Trump hints at war
- 11.04.2018Trump tells Russia to 'Get ready' for missiles coming at Syria
- 11.04.2018U.S. lifts travel ban on Chad citizens: White House