US: Power outage at Disneyland shuts attractions
A massive power outage shut down at least a dozen rides and attractions at Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California, park officials said Wednesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
The outage was caused by a transformer that malfunctioned around noon and knocked out power near Mickey’s Toontown and Fantasyland, which were near capacity at one of the theme park's busiest times of the year, said Disneyland spokesperson Elva Rubalcava.
“We’ve determined that the issue is with a Disneyland Resort transformer, and our team is currently assessing and working to restore power,” Rubalcava told local media outlets.
However, it is still unclear when power will be restored.
The outage left many visitors stranded on rides and they had to be escorted off the attractions, according to officials.
The company said Disneyland was only accepting guests for re-entry while the Disney California Adventure Park remained open and no refunds were expected to be offered.
"Nonsensical time spent at Disneyland. There is a power outage and there is no refund either!!! $1100 down the drain!!," one of the visitors, Juveria Kanodia, said on her Twitter account.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Trump says China's currency dropping like a rock - UPDATED
- 19.07.2018Trump says EU officials want to negotiate trade deal in Washington visit
- 19.07.2018Trump says he holds Putin personally responsible for election meddling
- 18.07.2018Trump says Russia no longer targeting US
- 18.07.2018Trump asked eight times to meet Iran president at UN last year
- 18.07.2018Japan, EU sign free trade pact amid worries about Trump
- 18.07.2018Military aircraft crashed in Mexico
- 18.07.2018US Senate Democrats Demand Probe of Putin-Trump Summit
- 18.07.2018Trump says he, Putin discussed North Korea, curbing global nuclear weapons
- 18.07.2018Boeing CEO says Embraer deal offers thrifty suppliers more volume
- 18.07.2018Boy killed during protest in southern Venezuela: police
- 18.07.2018Trump tries to calm political storm over Putin summit, says he misspoke
- 18.07.2018Three teens shot, one critically, in U.S. state of North Carolina
- 17.07.2018Communist-run Cuba starts rolling out internet on mobile phones
- 17.07.2018US judge halts deportations of immigrant families
- 17.07.2018Flying 'lava bomb' injures 13 off coast of Hawaii's big island
- 17.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 17.07.2018Russian Student Arrested in Washington DC, Charged as Foreign Agent
- 16.07.2018Trump says U.S. must find ways to cooperate with Russia
- 16.07.2018Iran sues US for re-imposing sanctions
- 15.07.2018Trump says intends to run for president in 2020
- 15.07.201825 injured after bus overturns on Los Angeles freeway
- 14.07.2018UN General Assembly Reaches global deal on migration
- 14.07.2018UN Security Council imposes arms embargo on South Sudan
- 13.07.2018US indicts 12 Russian spies for 2016 election hacking
- 13.07.2018Department of State: The US strongly supports the Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.07.2018Donald Trump: May presses case for US trade deal at dinner
- 12.07.2018Trump says ready to help some NATO states buy U.S. arms
- 12.07.2018US mulls sanctions on Russia, China for importing Iranian oil
- 11.07.2018US State Department accuses Iran of using Embassies for terror plots
- 11.07.2018US announces additional tariffs on $200 bln in Chinese goods
- 10.07.2018Trump pardons ranchers whose case ignited standoff
- 10.07.2018US secretary of state meets with Abu Dhabi crown prince
- 10.07.2018Trump-Putin meeting to focus on Syria, Ukraine – Pompeo
- 10.07.2018Up to 70 people dead after Quebec heat wave
- 10.07.2018Trump decides on Supreme Court pick, announcement to come
- 10.07.2018Trump scolds NATO members days ahead of summit
- 08.07.2018Anti-gun protesters partly block major Chicago freeway
- 07.07.2018Mexico's next president aims to end foreign fuel imports in three years
- 06.07.2018At least 24 dead in fireworks accident in Mexico
- 29.12.2017Brutal cold spell sets record lows across the US
- 29.12.2017US condemns 'barbaric' suicide attack in Afghan capital
- 29.12.2017At least 11 reported dead, 15 injured in New York City Fire - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017US agrees to sell fighter jets to Nigeria
- 28.12.2017Explosion hits Argentina's grains hub Rosario: export chamber
- 28.12.2017US, Russia agree to peacefully solve North Korea crisis