US police find 19 weapons in Las Vegas gunman's hotel room
At least 19 weapons, including 10 rifles and an assortment of handguns, have been discovered in the room of the sniper who massacred at least 58 people at a concert in the US city of Los Vegas, media reported on Monday, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
The news comes after Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo told reporters earlier that at least 10 rifles were discovered in the room located in a plaza where a country music concert took place Sunday night.
"Two sources familiar with the investigation said that there was a combination of rifles and handguns at the scene, and one of those sources said there were 19 weapons in the room," ABC News reported.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released a statement saying that it is conducting an "urgent trace" to determine the origin of the guns.
On Sunday, Stephen Paddock, 64, opened fire on a crowd of more than 22,000 concert-goers from his hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel on Sunday evening. The man was found dead in his hotel room later. The shooting was the deadliest in modern US history, with at least 58 people killed and more than 500 injured, according to investigators.
Authorities have yet to identify a motive for the shooting but say they believe Paddock acted alone. However, Police Sheriff Joe Lombardo said at a press briefing that a woman linked to the attacker is still considered a person of interest in the investigation and will be contacted upon her return to the United States.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017US: 3 dead, 2 injured in Maryland shooting
- 18.10.2017Tillerson expresses support for Iraq’s unity
- 18.10.2017Hillary Clinton says U.S. threats of war with North Korea 'dangerous, short-sighted'
- 18.10.2017More than 90 percent of Raqqa liberated: Pentagon
- 18.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro defends disputed vote, opposition divided
- 18.10.2017US senators reach tentative health care deal
- 18.10.2017George Saunders wins the Man Booker prize for his novel Lincoln in the Bardo
- 17.10.2017US to 'not take sides' in Iraqi-Kurdish dispute: Trump
- 17.10.2017US forces kill dozens of Daesh fighters in Yemen
- 15.10.2017Powerful Hurricane Ophelia heads toward Ireland
- 15.10.2017Approach to Iran exposes growing irritation between U.S. and allies
- 14.10.2017Magnitude 5.4 quake rumbles southern Mexico, no reports of damage
- 14.10.2017Mattis says U.S. working to ensure situation around Kirkuk does not escalate
- 13.10.2017Donald Trump makes a statement on new Iranian strategy
- 13.10.2017US adds Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps to sanctions list
- 13.10.2017Trump strikes blow against Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
- 13.10.2017Tillerson: Trump to stay in Iran nuclear deal, but decertify Tehran's compliance
- 13.10.2017US hopes to dialogue with Turkey over visa spat
- 13.10.2017Trump to announce US strategy on Iran on Friday: White House
- 13.10.2017Niger ambush that killed eight the work of new ISIL offshoot: Pentagon
- 13.10.2017US ready to return flags to Russia - State Department official
- 13.10.2017Officers killed, schools on lockdown after North Carolina prison break
- 12.10.2017Russian MoD delegation traveling to UN Headquarters denied US entry visas
- 12.10.2017UN secretary general ‘deeply regrets’ US pulling out of UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Trump signs executive order changing affordable Care Act Healthcare Insurance rules
- 12.10.2017U.S. withdraws from UNESCO
- 12.10.2017At least 23 dead, hundreds missing as winds fan California wildfires
- 12.10.2017US officials ‘respectfully' took down Russian flags - State Department
- 12.10.2017Mattis says U.S. will work to stay aligned with Turkey despite diplomatic tensions
- 12.10.2017US energy agency revises up oil price forecast
- 12.10.2017US: Fed officials split on interest rate increase
- 12.10.2017Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- 12.10.2017US ‘committed’ to restarting Mideast talks: Jordan king
- 12.10.2017Trump denies seeking nearly tenfold increase in U.S. nuclear arsenal
- 11.10.2017At least 13 killed in prison riot in northern Mexico
- 11.10.2017US: Turkey visa decision a 'coordinated effort'
- 11.10.2017Sears Canada to seek liquidation, then closure
- 11.10.2017Trump to announce broad Iran strategy this week: White House
- 10.10.2017Trump says he's likely to sign healthcare order this week
- 10.10.2017Texas Tech Police Officer Shot and Killed; Suspect in Custody
- 03.10.2017Death toll climbs to 59 in US mass shooting
- 03.10.2017US: Daesh's claim false, Vegas suspect's brother says
- 03.10.2017American scientists win 2017 Nobel Prize for Physics
- 02.10.2017Donald Trump sends 'warmest condolences' after Las Vegas shooting
- 02.10.2017Islamic state claims responsibility for Las Vegas shooting
- 02.10.2017Las Vegas shooting leaves more than 50 dead, over 100 injured - UPDATED