US police find 19 weapons in Las Vegas gunman's hotel room
At least 19 weapons, including 10 rifles and an assortment of handguns, have been discovered in the room of the sniper who massacred at least 58 people at a concert in the US city of Los Vegas, media reported on Monday, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
The news comes after Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo told reporters earlier that at least 10 rifles were discovered in the room located in a plaza where a country music concert took place Sunday night.
"Two sources familiar with the investigation said that there was a combination of rifles and handguns at the scene, and one of those sources said there were 19 weapons in the room," ABC News reported.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released a statement saying that it is conducting an "urgent trace" to determine the origin of the guns.
On Sunday, Stephen Paddock, 64, opened fire on a crowd of more than 22,000 concert-goers from his hotel room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel on Sunday evening. The man was found dead in his hotel room later. The shooting was the deadliest in modern US history, with at least 58 people killed and more than 500 injured, according to investigators.
Authorities have yet to identify a motive for the shooting but say they believe Paddock acted alone. However, Police Sheriff Joe Lombardo said at a press briefing that a woman linked to the attacker is still considered a person of interest in the investigation and will be contacted upon her return to the United States.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Trump prolongs sanctions against North Korea for another year
- 22.06.2018Venezuela to back OPEC + decisions aimed at stabilization of oil price
- 22.06.2018Pentagon asked to house up to 20,000 migrant children
- 22.06.2018US House rejects conservative immigration bill
- 21.06.2018Trump signs order halting separation of families
- 20.06.2018House to vote on Thursday on immigration bills
- 20.06.2018US withdraws from UN Human Rights Council
- 19.06.2018US, Russian top diplomats discuss Syria over phone
- 19.06.2018Trump orders creation of US 'Space Force'
- 17.06.2018Argentina to replace energy and production ministers
- 16.06.2018At least 17 dead in Venezuelan nightclub after tear gas blast
- 16.06.2018Kushner, Haley hold talks with UN chief on humanitarian needs in Gaza
- 16.06.2018U.S. warns Americans of terrorism threat at World Cup in Russia
- 16.06.2018Trump supports Republican immigration bills in U.S. House: White House
- 16.06.2018U.S. judge sends ex-Trump campaign head Manafort to jail pre-trial
- 16.06.2018Trump sets tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods; Beijing strikes back
- 15.06.2018Trump tells G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian
- 15.06.2018Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearisation
- 15.06.2018UN calls for vital port of Hudaydah to stay open
- 15.06.2018Nicaragua president's foes stage nationwide strike
- 15.06.2018DoD Chief Mattis Discusses With S Korean Counterpart Results of Singapore Summit
- 15.06.2018US forces conduct airstrike in Libya, manage to kill one terrorist
- 14.06.2018Facebook's chief of communications, policy to step down
- 14.06.2018Norwegian politicians nominate Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- 14.06.2018UN votes to condemn Israel's 'excessive force' against Gaza Protests
- 14.06.2018Top White House officials planning to quit
- 14.06.2018Volcanic ash forces Guatemala airport to suspend operations
- 14.06.2018Trump says summit removed North Korean nuclear threat
- 14.06.2018Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels
- 13.06.2018Trump, Iran spar over oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
- 13.06.2018Trump says no war games while North Korea negotiates in good faith
- 13.06.2018New US sanctions will have no effect - Russia’s Foreign Ministry
- 13.06.2018Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump accept each other's visit invitations
- 12.06.2018UN Sec Gen: implementing agreements by US, North Korean leaders requires patience
- 12.06.2018US must sustain maximum economic pressure on Pyongyang - House Speaker
- 12.06.2018Trump top economic adviser suffers heart attack moments before Trump-Kim Summit
- 12.06.2018US sanctions new Russian entities over cyberattacks
- 12.06.2018US extradites former Panamanian president
- 11.06.2018Guterres: UN ready to play verification role in N Korea denuclearization process
- 10.06.2018Mexican parliamentary candidate shot dead after debates
- 03.10.2017Death toll climbs to 59 in US mass shooting
- 03.10.2017US: Daesh's claim false, Vegas suspect's brother says
- 03.10.2017American scientists win 2017 Nobel Prize for Physics
- 02.10.2017Donald Trump sends 'warmest condolences' after Las Vegas shooting
- 02.10.2017Islamic state claims responsibility for Las Vegas shooting
- 02.10.2017Las Vegas shooting leaves more than 50 dead, over 100 injured - UPDATED