US lists additional demands for Iran beyond halting nuclear program
US President Donald Trump has eight additional demands that Iran must meet on top of halting its nuclear weapons program such as ending the proliferation of ballistic missiles, among others, the White House said in a statement, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
"President Trump is making clear that, in addition to never developing a nuclear weapon, the Iranian regime must… never have an ICBM [intercontinental ballistic missile], cease developing any nuclear-capable missiles, and stop proliferating ballistic missiles to others," the White House said on Tuesday.
Trump also called on Tehran to cease its support for terrorist groups such as Hezbollah and Hamas in addition to the Taliban and al-Qaeda.
The White House urged Iran to stop its declarations to destroy Israel and threats to freedom of navigation, especially in the Persian Gulf and Red Sea, as well as escalating the situation in Yemen.
According the statement, the US Administration also requires from Iran to end its cyber-attacks against Israel and other US allies, stop human rights abuses, and unjust detention of foreigners, including US citizens.
On Tuesday, Trump announced Washington’s withdrawal from the nuclear deal between international community and Iran, also known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
The JCPOA — signed by Iran, the P5+1 and EU in 2015 — requires Tehran to maintain a peaceful nuclear program in exchange for sanctions relief.
Related news releases
- 21.05.2018U.S. toughens stance on Iran, lists sweeping demands
- 20.05.201822 injured after flash fire at plant near Pasadena
- 20.05.2018110 Confirmed Dead in Cuba Boeing 737 Plane Crash
- 19.05.2018Crashed Cuban plane's passengers included five foreigners plus crew: state media
- 19.05.2018U.S. sanctions No. 2 official in Venezuela's Socialist party
- 19.05.2018More than 100 killed in passenger plane crash in Cuba - UPDATED-1
- 18.05.2018In speech, Pompeo to call for 'broad support' against Iran
- 18.05.2018Senate approves Gina Haspel as next CIA director
- 18.05.2018PayPal in talks to buy Sweden's iZettle in $2.2 billion deal: WSJ
- 18.05.2018'Loner' student shoots and kills 10 at Texas school - UPDATED
- 18.05.2018US says ready to defend as Russia deploys in Mediterranean
- 17.05.2018China becomes spoiled on trade, trade deal unlikely to happen - Trump - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Scope of drills unchanged amid preparations to Summit with Kim - Pentagon
- 17.05.2018Canada's Trudeau says feeling positive about NAFTA talks
- 17.05.2018Explosive eruption occurs at Hawaii's Kilauea volcano
- 17.05.2018Key senators: 'no doubt' Russia sought to interfere in U.S. election
- 17.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Arkansas
- 17.05.2018U.S. sanctions Hezbollah leader Nasrallah, deputy Qassem
- 17.05.2018UN 'collapsed' in face of Gaza killings: Turkish leader
- 16.05.2018Trump says 'We'll see' on North Korea summit, to insist on denuclearization
- 16.05.2018Trump tweets: China has 'much to give' in trade negotiations
- 16.05.2018Ash cloud from Hawaii volcano sparks aviation red alert
- 16.05.2018Mexico central bank to create cyber security unit after hack
- 15.05.2018US sanctions head of Iran's central bank
- 15.05.2018Facebook suspends 200 apps over mishandled user data
- 15.05.2018North, South Korea to hold high-level inter-Korea talks on May 16
- 15.05.2018US First Lady Undergoes Kidney Surgery at Military Hospital
- 15.05.2018U.S. blames Hamas for deadly Gaza violence
- 13.05.2018Trump welcomes North Korea's decision to dismantle nuclear test site
- 12.05.2018US condemns Iranian 'destabilizing influence' in region
- 11.05.2018Trump seeks 'very meaningful' summit in Singapore with North Korea
- 11.05.2018White House Reveals Reasons Singapore Chosen for Kim-Trump Summit
- 11.05.2018SpaceX postpones first commercial launch of updated Falcon 9 rocket
- 10.05.2018US Imposes New Sanctions on Iran
- 10.05.2018Trump-Kim Jong-un summit set for Singapore on 12 June
- 10.05.2018US to address shortcomings in Iran deal: Mattis
- 10.05.2018Americans freed by North Korea before Trump-Kim summit head home
- 09.05.2018US expressed readiness to work with Pashinyan
- 09.05.2018Oil recoups some losses after Trump pulls U.S. from Iran nuclear deal
- 09.05.2018US Treasury to reimpose sanctions on Iranian energy, shipbuilding sectors
- 09.05.2018UN chief ‘deeply concerned’ by US decision to exit Iran nuclear deal
- 10.05.2018Trump warns Iran over resuming nuclear program
- 10.05.2018Trump says U.S.-North Korea summit will not be at demilitarized zone
- 09.05.2018Mexico candidate murdered, sixth in just over a week
- 09.05.2018US State Secretary Michael Pompeo arrives in North Korean capital
- 09.05.2018U.S. Senators Accuse Russia of Campaign Against 2016 Vote