US energy agency revises up oil price forecast
Global crude oil prices were revised up for 2017 and 2018, the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) said Wednesday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
International benchmark Brent crude is estimated to average $52 this year and $54 per barrel next year, the EIA said in its Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO) for October.
The prices are $2 higher than estimates last month.
American benchmark West Texas Intermediate (WTI) is expected to average $49.5 this year, and $50.5 next year, the EIA said, each $0.5 higher compared to the September predictions.
The EIA pointed to declining global oil inventories and falling OPEC production for the revisions.
"EIA estimates that OPEC crude oil production averaged 32.9 million bpd [barrels per day] in the third quarter of 2017, down from an average of 33.4 million bpd in November 2016," according to the report.
U.S. crude production estimates were revised slightly to 9.2 million bpd in 2017, from a previous forecast of 9.3 million bpd. That is expected to increase 0.1 million bpd in 2018 to 9.9 million bpd.
The global oil supply outlook was also revised downward.
Total world supply is now forecast to average 98 million bpd this year, instead of 98.3 million bpd; and 100 million bpd, instead of 100.3 million bpd next year.
The EIA said total world consumption would remain unchanged at an average of 98.3 million bpd in 2017 and 99.5 million bpd in 2018.
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017US to 'not take sides' in Iraqi-Kurdish dispute: Trump
- 17.10.2017US forces kill dozens of Daesh fighters in Yemen
- 15.10.2017Powerful Hurricane Ophelia heads toward Ireland
- 15.10.2017Approach to Iran exposes growing irritation between U.S. and allies
- 14.10.2017Magnitude 5.4 quake rumbles southern Mexico, no reports of damage
- 14.10.2017Mattis says U.S. working to ensure situation around Kirkuk does not escalate
- 13.10.2017Donald Trump makes a statement on new Iranian strategy
- 13.10.2017US adds Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps to sanctions list
- 13.10.2017Trump strikes blow against Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
- 13.10.2017Tillerson: Trump to stay in Iran nuclear deal, but decertify Tehran's compliance
- 13.10.2017US hopes to dialogue with Turkey over visa spat
- 13.10.2017Trump to announce US strategy on Iran on Friday: White House
- 13.10.2017Niger ambush that killed eight the work of new ISIL offshoot: Pentagon
- 13.10.2017US ready to return flags to Russia - State Department official
- 13.10.2017Officers killed, schools on lockdown after North Carolina prison break
- 12.10.2017Russian MoD delegation traveling to UN Headquarters denied US entry visas
- 12.10.2017UN secretary general ‘deeply regrets’ US pulling out of UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Trump signs executive order changing affordable Care Act Healthcare Insurance rules
- 12.10.2017U.S. withdraws from UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Trump denies seeking nearly tenfold increase in U.S. nuclear arsenal
- 11.10.2017At least 13 killed in prison riot in northern Mexico
- 11.10.2017US: Turkey visa decision a 'coordinated effort'
- 11.10.2017Sears Canada to seek liquidation, then closure
- 11.10.2017Trump to announce broad Iran strategy this week: White House
- 10.10.2017Trump says he's likely to sign healthcare order this week
- 10.10.2017Texas Tech Police Officer Shot and Killed; Suspect in Custody
- 10.10.2017Oil prices climb after OPEC signals possible deal extension
- 07.10.2017Fed must hike rates in face of hot U.S. labor market: Rosengren
- 07.10.2017US: 3 men charged for Daesh-inspired plot attack in NY
- 07.10.2017Oil down 2 percent, breaks five-week rally as oversupply fears resurface
- 07.10.2017Trump to unveil new responses to Iranian 'bad behavior': White House
- 07.10.2017Pentagon says fourth U.S. soldier killed in Niger ambush
- 07.10.201722 dead in Central America from Tropical Storm Nate
- 06.10.2017Mexico warns U.S. against 'protectionist war,' peso weakens
- 06.10.2017UN approves resolution to verify Colombia cease-fire
- 06.10.2017Iran has not lived up to 'spirit' of nuclear deal: Trump
- 06.10.2017Two NASA astronauts finish 7-hour spacewalk
- 06.10.2017Trump expected to declare Iran noncompliant with nuclear deal
- 05.10.2017Brazilian Olympics chief arrested in bribery probe
- 05.10.2017Las Vegas gunman's girlfriend says she had 'no idea he was planning violence'
- 12.10.2017Mattis says U.S. will work to stay aligned with Turkey despite diplomatic tensions
- 12.10.2017US officials ‘respectfully' took down Russian flags - State Department
- 12.10.2017At least 23 dead, hundreds missing as winds fan California wildfires
- 12.10.2017US: Fed officials split on interest rate increase
- 12.10.2017Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- 12.10.2017US ‘committed’ to restarting Mideast talks: Jordan king