US considers Syria-Israel fire exchange to be bilateral matter - Pentagon
US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said that Washington considers the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries as an issue between the two countries, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
The United States has taken note of the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries but considers it to be an issue between the two countries, US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said in a briefing on Friday.
"I do not have any particular reaction for you. We are certainly aware of it. This is a matter between Israel and Syria and not something we were a party to," Davis told reporters when asked about the exchange of fire.
Earlier on Friday, media reported that Israel had carried out air raids in Syria.
The Syrian Army command said in a statement it had downed one of four Israeli Air Force jets that violated its airspace and targeted Syrian military units near Palmyra.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) denied to Sputnik claims that one of its aircraft was shot down.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Brazil to raise taxes, freeze spending to meet target
- 21.07.2017UN treaty on nuclear arms ban may hinder IAEA work - Russian Foreign Ministry
- 21.07.2017Millions heed anti-Maduro shutdown in Venezuela
- 20.07.2017Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington commits suicide in his 41
- 20.07.2017Trump's son, close associates to appear before Senate
- 20.07.2017Trump cancels military support for Syrian rebels
- 20.07.2017Senator McCain diagnosed with aggressive brain cancer
- 20.07.2017U.S., Canada, Mexico agree on fast-paced NAFTA talks
- 19.07.2017U.S. Supreme Court partly rejects Trump in latest travel ban fight
- 19.07.2017Number of terrorist attacks globally dropped in 2016: U.S. government
- 19.07.2017Mexico concerned with US desire to cut trade deficits
- 19.07.2017Trump, Putin met for nearly an hour in second G20 meeting
- 19.07.2017U.S. prepares sanctions against senior Venezuelan officials
- 19.07.2017US Senate to Hold Hearings on Individual Health Insurance Market
- 18.07.2017U.S. puts new sanctions on Iran over ballistic missile program
- 18.07.2017Strong earthquake strikes off Peru, no tsunami risk seen
- 18.07.2017Tillerson Recertifies Iran's compliance to nuclear agreement
- 18.07.2017US Navy tests laser weapons system in Persian Gulf
- 18.07.2017US to maintain dialogue with Israel on halting Iranian ambitions in Syria
- 18.07.2017Oil prices ease on signs of steady output from some producers
- 16.07.2017US Navy commissions new Arleigh Burke-class destroyer at Pearl Harbor base
- 16.07.2017Turks in Germany mark anniversary of defeated coup
- 16.07.2017Cat killer jailed for 16 years in San Jose, California
- 15.07.2017Russian-American lobbyist attended Trump Jr. controversial meeting
- 15.07.2017Oil up 1 percent, posts weekly gain of 5 percent
- 15.07.2017US cannot confirm Daesh leader Baghdadi’s death
- 15.07.2017Trump, Saudi king discuss resolution of Qatar row
- 14.07.2017Mexico gun attack on children's party in Tizayuca kills 11
- 14.07.2017Trump says he would invite Putin to White House, but not now
- 14.07.2017US: Qatar crisis may take long time to resolve despite subtle Progress
- 13.07.2017Yellen says 3 percent U.S. growth 'quite challenging' in coming years
- 13.07.2017Ex-US president Jimmy Carter hospitalized in Canada - Carter Center
- 13.07.2017Grassley to send Trump Jr. letter asking him to testify
- 13.07.2017Democrats introduce new bill on Russia and Iran sanctions
- 13.07.2017Trump says he does not fault son for meeting Russian lawyer
- 13.07.2017Rising seas threaten hundreds of coastal US towns
- 13.07.2017Canada raises interest rate for first time in 7 years
- 13.07.2017Sanders: Lawmaker article of impeachment against Trump 'completely ridiculous'
- 13.07.2017Pentagon confirms US troops enter Raqqa to ‘advise, assist’ in battle with Daesh
- 12.07.2017Trump on Putin: We get along 'very well'
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 17.03.2017Iran sentences daughter of late president to jail for second time
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30