US considers Syria-Israel fire exchange to be bilateral matter - Pentagon
US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said that Washington considers the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries as an issue between the two countries, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
The United States has taken note of the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries but considers it to be an issue between the two countries, US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said in a briefing on Friday.
"I do not have any particular reaction for you. We are certainly aware of it. This is a matter between Israel and Syria and not something we were a party to," Davis told reporters when asked about the exchange of fire.
Earlier on Friday, media reported that Israel had carried out air raids in Syria.
The Syrian Army command said in a statement it had downed one of four Israeli Air Force jets that violated its airspace and targeted Syrian military units near Palmyra.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) denied to Sputnik claims that one of its aircraft was shot down.
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017Second officer dies in Florida police shooting
- 20.08.2017Veteran NAFTA negotiators likely to deflect political pressures
- 20.08.2017Counterprotest derails 'free speech' rally in US city
- 19.08.2017Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- 19.08.2017Earthquake of 6.4 magnitude strikes west of Tonga
- 19.08.2017US has no intention to stay in Syria: State Dept
- 19.08.2017Romania negotiating to buy U.S. rocket systems worth $1.25 billion: Pentagon
- 19.08.2017U.S. State Department email restored after global outage
- 19.08.2017Oil jumps 3 percent as dollar falls, U.S. rig count drops
- 18.08.2017Rare US solar eclipse to help unlock sun's secrets
- 18.08.2017Trump fires adviser Bannon
- 18.08.2017UN Security Council condemns Barcelona terrorist attack
- 17.08.2017White House chief of staff briefs Trump on Barcelona incident
- 17.08.2017At least 13 dead in terror attack in Barcelona - UPDATED - VIDEO
- 17.08.2017Clashes at Venezuelan Prison Kill 37 Inmates, Wound 4
- 17.08.2017At least six killed in suspected gang attack at Guatemala hospital
- 17.08.2017Mike Pence urges four South American nations to cut contacts with North Korea
- 17.08.2017US Black Hawk missing in Hawaii, search underway for crew
- 17.08.2017Trump ends business councils after mass resignations
- 16.08.2017Explosion occurs at plaza Venezuela metro station in Caracas
- 16.08.2017Trump: Both sides to blame in Charlottesville violence
- 16.08.2017Colombia’s FARC to become political party with new name, same acronym
- 16.08.2017U.S. confident of 'peaceable' Venezuelan solution
- 16.08.2017US senator McCain urges Trump to promote free trade as NAFTA talks begin
- 15.08.2017U.S. sanctions hit Russian hopes of a 'Trump bump' for investment
- 15.08.2017Oil prices steady after overnight tumble on dollar strength
- 15.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro seeks to capitalize on Trump's military threat
- 15.08.2017Pence says 'failed state' in Venezuela threatens United States
- 15.08.2017Trump condemns KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists
- 14.08.2017Trump returns to Washington with target on China
- 14.08.2017Mike Pence: Peaceful solution to Venezuela crisis is possible
- 13.08.20172 killed in helicopter crash in U.S. state of Virginia
- 13.08.2017Emergency declared in the US as clashes erupt at hate rally
- 12.08.2017At least 1 killed, over 30 injured in Charlottesville Far-Right violence
- 12.08.2017Magnitude 5.6 quake kills 1, hurts 2 in Peru
- 12.08.2017Venezuela defense chief calls Trump threat of intervention 'crazy'
- 12.08.2017Trump: North Korea will regret any acts against US
- 12.08.2017Trump: Military option possible in Venezuela
- 12.08.2017Trump will send envoys to Middle East to discuss peace: official
- 12.08.2017US not interested in talking about back channels with North Korea
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 17.03.2017Iran sentences daughter of late president to jail for second time
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30