US considers Syria-Israel fire exchange to be bilateral matter - Pentagon
US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said that Washington considers the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries as an issue between the two countries, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
The United States has taken note of the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries but considers it to be an issue between the two countries, US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said in a briefing on Friday.
"I do not have any particular reaction for you. We are certainly aware of it. This is a matter between Israel and Syria and not something we were a party to," Davis told reporters when asked about the exchange of fire.
Earlier on Friday, media reported that Israel had carried out air raids in Syria.
The Syrian Army command said in a statement it had downed one of four Israeli Air Force jets that violated its airspace and targeted Syrian military units near Palmyra.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) denied to Sputnik claims that one of its aircraft was shot down.
Related news releases
- 28.05.2017Canada opposition picks young social conservative to take on Trudeau
- 28.05.2017US: Two killed trying to stop Islamophobic abuse
- 27.05.2017Trump isolated at G7 talks over climate
- 27.05.2017Comey acted on Russian intelligence he knew was fake
- 27.05.2017Prime Minister of Canada issues statement on Ramadan
- 27.05.2017Former Jimmy Carter adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski dies at 90
- 27.05.2017Tillerson declines to host Ramadan event at State Department
- 27.05.2017As North Korea claims missile progress, Pentagon plans ICBM interceptor test
- 26.05.2017White House: Trump has no plans to ease anti-Russia sanctions, may impose more
- 26.05.2017Harvard dropout Facebook CEO gets degree after 13 years
- 26.05.2017Wall Street closes at record; crude falls 5 percent
- 25.05.2017US Fed to ‘soon’ raise interest rates
- 25.05.2017Wall Street closes higher after Fed minutes
- 25.05.2017US Senator to introduce new Russia sanctions Thursday – Spokesman
- 25.05.2017Thousands protest against Temer, reforms in Brasilia
- 25.05.2017Trump praises Duterte for anti-drug campaign in call transcript
- 24.05.2017Trump tells Netanyahu, Abbas to compromise to make peace - Tillerson
- 24.05.2017Venezuela to push ahead with assembly in July despite unrest
- 23.05.2017White House: Trump, Netanyahu pledge to work together to combat terrorism
- 23.05.2017UK police name Manchester attacker as 22-year-old Salman Abedi
- 23.05.2017Wall Street closes higher with rise in oil prices
- 21.05.2017At least 46 wounded in Saturday anti-government protests in Venezuela
- 21.05.2017Congressman threatened with lynching after calling for Trump’s impeachment
- 21.05.20178 injured in plane-truck collision at LA airport
- 21.05.2017U.S. calls on Iran to halt support for 'destabilizing forces'
- 21.05.2017Brazil president lambastes bribe testimony by JBS executives
- 20.05.2017Tillerson unaware of White House 'person of interest' in Russia probe
- 20.05.2017US hopes re-elected Iranian President Rouhani to stop missile program
- 20.05.2017Approval of President Trump drops to lowest since inauguration
- 20.05.2017‘Trust’ Us: Tillerson urges North Korea to back off nuke program
- 20.05.2017U.N. sees 'incremental progress' after Syria talks
- 20.05.2017White House adviser is person of interest in Russia probe: report
- 19.05.2017Mattis: Militia hit by US strike in Syria Iran-directed offensive force
- 19.05.2017US imposes sanctions on Venezuela Supreme Court
- 19.05.2017US sends second aircraft carrier to Korea after DPRK’s missile test
- 19.05.2017Democrats predict a Trump sellout on NAFTA
- 19.05.2017Fox News founder dies at 77
- 19.05.2017U.S. executives tell Congress they want permanent tax reform
- 19.05.2017Trump: "I never asked Comey to close Flynn probe"
- 18.05.2017Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'greatest witch hunt' in U.S. history
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 17.03.2017Iran sentences daughter of late president to jail for second time
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30