US considers Syria-Israel fire exchange to be bilateral matter - Pentagon
US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said that Washington considers the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries as an issue between the two countries, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
The United States has taken note of the reported exchange of fire between the Israeli and Syrian militaries but considers it to be an issue between the two countries, US Department of Defense spokesperson Capt. Jeff Davis said in a briefing on Friday.
"I do not have any particular reaction for you. We are certainly aware of it. This is a matter between Israel and Syria and not something we were a party to," Davis told reporters when asked about the exchange of fire.
Earlier on Friday, media reported that Israel had carried out air raids in Syria.
The Syrian Army command said in a statement it had downed one of four Israeli Air Force jets that violated its airspace and targeted Syrian military units near Palmyra.
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) denied to Sputnik claims that one of its aircraft was shot down.
Related news releases
- 22.04.2018One killed, six injured in overnight shooting in San Francisco
- 21.04.2018At least three dead, including police officer, in Nicaragua protests
- 21.04.2018Trump, France's Macron to discuss Iran nuclear deal next week
- 21.04.2018State Dept reveals content of US under secretary meeting with Russian ambassador
- 21.04.2018Russia calls for greater UN presence in Syria
- 20.04.2018US president slams cartel OPEC over high oil prices
- 20.04.2018Time reveals 100 Most Influential People for 2018
- 20.04.2018Man linked to 9/11 attacks on U.S. captured in Syria
- 20.04.2018No intent to change Syria's strategic balance: Pentagon
- 20.04.2018Trudeau says recognizes NAFTA timeline, will stick up for Canada
- 20.04.2018Russian diplomat calls on US to show readiness for constructive dialogue
- 20.04.2018US State Dept warns Turkey of possible sanctions over S-400 purchase
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal has no plans to visit Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh
- 19.04.2018Trump: US taking care of Cuba following election of new president
- 19.04.2018Trump: Battle between US forces, Russian nationals in Syria month ago 'sad'
- 19.04.2018Trump, Japan's Abe agree to intensify trade talks
- 18.04.2018Castro nears retirement as Cuban president; successor proposed
- 18.04.2018Pompeo visits North Korea, forms 'good relationship with Kim', says Trump
- 18.04.2018Mike Pompeo, CIA chief, met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un
- 18.04.2018US, allies to be unable to dislodge Assad
- 18.04.2018Former First Lady Barbara Bush dies at the age of 92
- 17.04.2018Top NAFTA officials to meet in Washington Thursday
- 17.04.2018US-led coalition ready to share data with Russia on İSİL in Syria’s Abu Kamal
- 17.04.2018Syria says missiles fired at air base intercepted; Pentagon denies involvement
- 17.04.2018Trump administration delays new sanctions on Russia: official
- 17.04.2018U.S., Britain blame Russia for global cyber attack
- 17.04.2018U.S. bans American companies from selling to Chinese phone maker ZTE
- 16.04.2018U.S. military chiefs to brief Congress on Syria behind closed doors
- 16.04.20187 inmates dead, 17 injured after hours of rioting at South Carolina prison
- 15.04.2018UN chief warns of full-blown military escalation over Syria attacks
- 15.04.2018Pence calls for more action to isolate Venezuela's Maduro
- 14.04.2018UNSC fails to adopt Russia-drafted resolution condemning Syria strike
- 14.04.2018NATO calls on Damascus allies to exercise responsibility after US-Led attack
- 14.04.2018U.S. strikes cripple Syria's chemical weapons ability: Pentagon
- 14.04.2018Pentagon says strikes "successfully hit every target" in Syria
- 14.04.2018Donald Trump: Mission accomplished
- 14.04.2018US says it didn’t give Russia any advance warning about targets hit in Syria strikes
- 14.04.2018US has proof Syrian regime behind gas attack: Nauert
- 14.04.2018U.S., Britain, France launch air strikes in Syria
- 14.04.2018Trump, Abe to focus on North Korea in Florida talks: U.S. official
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 17.03.2017Iran sentences daughter of late president to jail for second time
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30