US Congress receives list of Russian entities targeted under new sanctions
New York Times published on Thursday the list of entities, which includes the Federal Security Service, Foreign Intelligence Service, Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces, as well as Rosoboronexport, Rostec and United Aircraft Corporation, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
Earlier in the day, the State Department said that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson provided the US Congress with a list ofentities and individuals that should be targeted under the latest sanctions against Russia.
"Secretary Tillerson directed the State Department to issue the guidance, which identifies the persons and entities, who are a part of or work on behalf of Russian military and intelligence departments," Nauert said. "Secretary Tillerson signed off on that and delivered it to the Capitol Hill."
The United States is not imposing sanctions on individuals listed in this guidance by specifying them, the document noted. However, some of the persons or entities mentioned can also be "subject to sanctions imposed by other authorities."
The US government aims to engage with its global partners to help them determine and avoid participating in possibly sanctionable activity, especially when it relates to Russian-produced military equipment sales, the document added.
The guidance may be changed in the future depending on circumstances, the document said.
In early August, Washington imposed its newest package of anti-Russia sanctions, which urged Moscow to announce that the diplomatic presence of the United States would be cut by 755 people to 455, the same number of diplomatic personnel that Russia had in the United States.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018US, Russian top diplomats discuss Syria over phone
- 19.06.2018Trump orders creation of US 'Space Force'
- 17.06.2018Argentina to replace energy and production ministers
- 16.06.2018At least 17 dead in Venezuelan nightclub after tear gas blast
- 16.06.2018Kushner, Haley hold talks with UN chief on humanitarian needs in Gaza
- 16.06.2018U.S. warns Americans of terrorism threat at World Cup in Russia
- 16.06.2018Trump supports Republican immigration bills in U.S. House: White House
- 16.06.2018U.S. judge sends ex-Trump campaign head Manafort to jail pre-trial
- 16.06.2018Trump sets tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods; Beijing strikes back
- 15.06.2018Trump tells G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian
- 15.06.2018Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearisation
- 15.06.2018UN calls for vital port of Hudaydah to stay open
- 15.06.2018Nicaragua president's foes stage nationwide strike
- 15.06.2018DoD Chief Mattis Discusses With S Korean Counterpart Results of Singapore Summit
- 15.06.2018US forces conduct airstrike in Libya, manage to kill one terrorist
- 14.06.2018Facebook's chief of communications, policy to step down
- 14.06.2018Norwegian politicians nominate Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- 14.06.2018UN votes to condemn Israel's 'excessive force' against Gaza Protests
- 14.06.2018Top White House officials planning to quit
- 14.06.2018Volcanic ash forces Guatemala airport to suspend operations
- 14.06.2018Trump says summit removed North Korean nuclear threat
- 14.06.2018Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels
- 13.06.2018Trump, Iran spar over oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
- 13.06.2018Trump says no war games while North Korea negotiates in good faith
- 13.06.2018New US sanctions will have no effect - Russia’s Foreign Ministry
- 13.06.2018Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump accept each other's visit invitations
- 12.06.2018UN Sec Gen: implementing agreements by US, North Korean leaders requires patience
- 12.06.2018US must sustain maximum economic pressure on Pyongyang - House Speaker
- 12.06.2018Trump top economic adviser suffers heart attack moments before Trump-Kim Summit
- 12.06.2018US sanctions new Russian entities over cyberattacks
- 12.06.2018US extradites former Panamanian president
- 11.06.2018Guterres: UN ready to play verification role in N Korea denuclearization process
- 10.06.2018Mexican parliamentary candidate shot dead after debates
- 10.06.2018G7 nations release joint communique
- 09.06.2018Any agreement with North Korea will be 'spur of the moment': Trump
- 09.06.2018Trump demands end to 'unfair' trade after G7 summit
- 09.06.2018U.S., EU take small step on trade, but no breakthrough at G7 summit
- 09.06.2018U.N. Security Council elects five members for two-year term
- 09.06.2018Muhammad Ali family lawyer to Trump: thanks, but no pardon needed
- 08.06.2018Pompeo: Kim Jong Un has 'indicated to me personally that he is prepared to denuclearize'
- 27.10.2017U.S. State Department: "Catalonia is an integral part of Spain"
- 28.10.2017State Department: Sanctions against Russia not 'competitive tool' on arms market
- 28.10.2017Mattis says threat of nuclear attack by NKorea accelerating
- 27.10.2017Canada may impose further Venezuelan sanctions
- 27.10.2017US' opioid crisis a national health emergency: Trump
- 26.10.2017U.S. sanctions North Koreans over forced labor, other alleged abuses