UN nuclear agency confident of cooperation with Trump administration
The chief of UN nuclear agency on Monday said the agency is confident of having "good cooperation" with the new U.S. administration, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
In an attempt to brush aside fears surrounding U.S. President Donald Trump's stance towards the Iranian nuclear deal, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Yukiya Amano told reporters: "I am confident that we can have very good cooperation with the United States in the future."
He said he met with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson in Washington last week to discuss nuclear issues including the Iranian nuclear deal which was signed in 2015.
Amano said he was pleased with his meeting with members of the new U.S. administration, noting his agency is monitoring the implementation of the deal.
"We have the strongest verification regime in Iran while the nuclear activities of Iran are reduced," he told reporters.
IAEA said Iran is cooperating with the agency to implement the Iranian nuclear deal.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Tillerson eyes cutting 2,300 jobs at State Department
- 29.04.2017Brazil protesters, police clash in first general strike in decades
- 29.04.2017Trump signs order to expand offshore oil, gas drilling
- 28.04.2017US allows transactions with Belarusian companies blocked by 2006 order
- 28.04.2017U.S. says time to act on North Korea, China says not up to Beijing alone
- 28.04.2017US suspects Daesh emir killed in Afghanistan raid that targeted terrorist HQ
- 28.04.2017Tillerson: North Korea may inflict strike on US
- 28.04.2017Rex Tillerson: "US doesn't seek regime change in North Korea"
- 28.04.2017Trump warns ‘major conflict with North Korea’ may be on horizon
- 27.04.2017EU parliament adopts resolution decrying crackdown on protesters in Venezuela
- 27.04.2017Trump says U.S. will renegotiate trade pact with Canada, Mexico
- 27.04.2017NATO chief meets with EU defense ministers on security talks
- 27.04.2017US Sea Hawk helicopter crashes into Pacific Ocean off Guam coast
- 27.04.2017Venezuela death toll hits 29, protesters battle security forces
- 27.04.2017Trump grants Pentagon chief power to decide troop limits in anti-Daesh fight
- 27.04.2017Trump agrees to keep US in NAFTA
- 27.04.2017U.S., European military chiefs call for better data-sharing against terrorism
- 27.04.2017Commander says U.S. may need stronger defense against North Korea missiles
- 26.04.2017Silence of the Lambs director Jonathan Demme dies at 73
- 26.04.2017Pentagon orders 140,000 aircraft cargo nets for United Arab Emirates
- 26.04.2017Pilot killed in small plane crash in U.S state of Texas
- 26.04.2017Several states on alert after dangerous nuclear material stolen in Mexico
- 25.04.2017U.S. Senate panel approves Trump's USTR nominee
- 25.04.2017Death toll in Venezuela's unrest rises to 26
- 25.04.2017Antarctic ice melting much faster than previously believed
- 25.04.2017Venezuela death toll rises as unrest enters fourth week
- 25.04.2017Chile rocked by 6.9-magnitude quake
- 25.04.2017Poll: Trump approval rating stands at 51 percent, despite surveys to contrary
- 25.04.2017Trump administration calls on North Korea to free jailed US citizen
- 25.04.2017Tillerson, UN to discuss possible new sanctions against N Korea - State Dept.
- 24.04.2017White House explains goal of new us 'largest ever' sanctions against Syria
- 24.04.2017Trump not labeled 1915 events 'genocide'
- 23.04.2017Mexican police shoot dead two drug cartel leaders
- 23.04.2017At Least 1 Killed, 2 Injured in San Jose Shooting
- 23.04.2017Acting head of prison in Guatemala shot dead
- 23.04.2017Mexico kills Gulf cartel boss in Reynosa shootout
- 23.04.2017Powerful floods in Ecuador kill dozens of people
- 22.04.2017Venezuelan opposition begins rally in country's capital
- 22.04.2017Trump certain china to help deal with North Korean threat
- 22.04.2017Pence says United States will honor refugee deal with Australia
- 22.03.2016Turkish businessman Zarrab arrested in US for evading Iran sanctions
- 22.03.2016Obama tells Cuban people: Time to move beyond Cold War
- 23.03.2016US steps up security following Brussels attacks
- 20.03.2016Anti-Trump Protesters Block Road in Arizona and Clash With Police in New York
- 20.03.2016Former executive of world’s largest ore mining company among seven dead when plane crashes into house in Brazil - UPDATED
- 20.03.20167 dead, 1 injured in plane crash in Brazil