"Thirteen people have died in the incident which has been classified as a terror attack," the radio report said.
At least 13 dead in terror attack in Barcelona - UPDATED - VIDEO
At least 13 people have been killed in the terror attack in Barcelona on Thursday, Cadena Ser radio has reported citing police sources, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
A van has crashed into dozens of people in the center of the Spanish city of Barcelona, killing two people and injuring several others, APA reports quoting Reuters.
The city police described the incident on Twitter as a "massive crash," in a statement released on Thursday, saying, “Huge collision on Las Ramblas in Barcelona by an individual driving a van, many injuries.”
According to latest reports, two people have lost their life in the incident, which has been called a terrorist attack by police in Barcelona.
The Spanish police noted that they were clearing the area after the incident, which has left a number of people injured.
The area around the incident was cordoned off, with several ambulances and police vehicles on the scene, an AFP correspondent said.
Barcelona’s emergency services asked people not go to the area around the city's Placa Catalunya, requesting the closure of nearby train and metro stations.
A report by El Pais newspaper stated that the driver of the vehicle had fled on foot after mowing down dozens of people
A report by El Periodico newspaper indicated that two armed men had entrenched themselves at a bar in Barcelona's city center after the van incident, noting that it was not immediately clear if the men were the drivers of the van.
El Periodico also put the number of the injured between 20 to 25 injured, citing police sources.
Following the incident Spain’s Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy said he was in contact with authorities, adding on Twitter that the priority was to attend to the injured.
- 22.11.2017US sanctions Chinese, North Korean entities
- 22.11.2017Colombia protests Venezuelan military crossing border
- 21.11.2017UK welcomes Mugabe's resignation
- 21.11.2017Trump and Putin spoke by phone
- 21.11.2017US, Afghan forces launch anti-poppy operation
- 21.11.2017Missing Argentine submarine had reported electrical malfunction
- 20.11.2017US re-designates N Korea state sponsor of terrorism
- 19.11.2017Trump calls 'crooked' Hillary Clinton 'worst and biggest loser of all time'
- 18.11.20179 injured in large fire atop 6-story apartment building in New York
- 18.11.2017Argentine submarine goes missing for two days, major search op underway
- 18.11.2017Canada, Mexico try more flexibility as key NAFTA round opens
- 17.11.2017US official: If Turkey buys Russian systems, they can’t plug into NATO tech
- 17.11.2017Turkish businessman Reza Zarrab escapes knife attack in U.S. prison
- 17.11.2017Canadian senator dies on parliamentary trip in Colombia
- 17.11.2017South Dakota Keystone pipeline shut down after oil spill
- 17.11.2017UN Security Council rejects Russian draft on Syria chemical probe
- 17.11.2017The impeachment of President Donald Trump has officially begun
- 17.11.2017Fed's Williams calls for global rethink of monetary policy
- 17.11.2017US House passes tax reform bill, sends measure to Senate
- 16.11.2017Trump urges U.N. council to renew Syria chemical arms inquiry
- 16.11.2017More worries in Congress over cuts at U.S. State Department
- 16.11.2017US Democrats enter new articles to impeach Trump
- 15.11.2017Planned talks between Venezuelan opposition, government will not take place
- 15.11.2017U.S. security officials arrive in Israel to discuss Syria agreement
- 15.11.2017US FDA approves first 'digital pill'
- 15.11.2017Death toll as a result of a gunman in California fired at school reached - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017De Mistura: Putin, Trump create qualitatively new situation in Syrian settlement
- 14.11.2017At least 3 dead in California school shooting, shooter killed by police
- 14.11.2017Trump vows free and open Indo-Pacific region
- 14.11.2017US Army lifts ban on recruits with mental health history
- 12.11.2017Six people killed in bus-hearse crash in Mexico
- 12.11.2017Geneva talks should be the only platform for Syrian settlement - State Department
- 12.11.2017Mass graves discovered near Hawija in Iraq
- 12.11.2017Venezuela sets high-profile location for Monday debt talks
- 11.11.2017APEC ministers publish joint statement after wrangling over language
- 11.11.2017Oil prices slide after U.S. drillers add rigs
- 10.11.2017Colombia 'committed' to deal with FARC
- 10.11.2017Turkish premier urges US to extradite FETO leader
- 10.11.2017State Dept. denies report top envoys being depleted
- 09.11.2017US imposes sanctions on Venezuela: Senior gov't officials on the list
- 17.08.2017White House chief of staff briefs Trump on Barcelona incident
- 18.08.2017UN Security Council condemns Barcelona terrorist attack
- 18.08.2017Trump fires adviser Bannon
- 17.08.2017Clashes at Venezuelan Prison Kill 37 Inmates, Wound 4
- 17.08.2017At least six killed in suspected gang attack at Guatemala hospital
- 17.08.2017Mike Pence urges four South American nations to cut contacts with North Korea