Trump – only US president who has 8-year plan: government consultant
Donald Trump is the only US president who has a long-term plan for 8 years, said Edward Luttwak, a government consultant and a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), an American think tank.
He made the remarks addressing a panel discussion titled “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Back to Realpolitik?” which was held as part of the 5th Global Baku Forum on March 16.
“All analysts in the US, as well as around the world claim that Donal Trump has no plan. In reality, we see the opposite. I’m a government consultant. I’ve been working since the presidency of Ronald Reagan. Trump is the only president who has a long-term plan for 8 years,” Luttwak noted.
According to him, during the presidential election campaign in the US, analysts were not ruling out the possibility of Trump’s victory.
“On the other hand, most of them were speaking about the Republicans’ defeat, that they would lose the Senate and the House of Representatives. However, the Republicans occupied the majority of positions,” added the government consultant.
Luttwak stressed that Trump is intending to reduce the number of employees of the State Department.
He went on to say that President Trump is going to legalize the residence of Hispanic people who are living illegally in the US after the country’s border with Mexico is closed.
“Though George Bush, Barack Obama promised Hispanic people to legalize their residence in the US, they didn’t keep their promises. This tactic is essential for Trump to be reelected,” said Luttwak, adding.
“Trump also intends to redistribute income within the country as he thinks the distribution of revenues in the US was conducted radically wrong,” he noted.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Tillerson eyes cutting 2,300 jobs at State Department
- 29.04.2017Brazil protesters, police clash in first general strike in decades
- 29.04.2017Trump signs order to expand offshore oil, gas drilling
- 28.04.2017US allows transactions with Belarusian companies blocked by 2006 order
- 28.04.2017U.S. says time to act on North Korea, China says not up to Beijing alone
- 28.04.2017US suspects Daesh emir killed in Afghanistan raid that targeted terrorist HQ
- 28.04.2017Tillerson: North Korea may inflict strike on US
- 28.04.2017Rex Tillerson: "US doesn't seek regime change in North Korea"
- 28.04.2017Trump warns ‘major conflict with North Korea’ may be on horizon
- 27.04.2017EU parliament adopts resolution decrying crackdown on protesters in Venezuela
- 27.04.2017Trump says U.S. will renegotiate trade pact with Canada, Mexico
- 27.04.2017NATO chief meets with EU defense ministers on security talks
- 27.04.2017US Sea Hawk helicopter crashes into Pacific Ocean off Guam coast
- 27.04.2017Venezuela death toll hits 29, protesters battle security forces
- 27.04.2017Trump grants Pentagon chief power to decide troop limits in anti-Daesh fight
- 27.04.2017Trump agrees to keep US in NAFTA
- 27.04.2017U.S., European military chiefs call for better data-sharing against terrorism
- 27.04.2017Commander says U.S. may need stronger defense against North Korea missiles
- 26.04.2017Silence of the Lambs director Jonathan Demme dies at 73
- 26.04.2017Pentagon orders 140,000 aircraft cargo nets for United Arab Emirates
- 26.04.2017Pilot killed in small plane crash in U.S state of Texas
- 26.04.2017Several states on alert after dangerous nuclear material stolen in Mexico
- 25.04.2017U.S. Senate panel approves Trump's USTR nominee
- 25.04.2017Death toll in Venezuela's unrest rises to 26
- 25.04.2017Antarctic ice melting much faster than previously believed
- 25.04.2017Venezuela death toll rises as unrest enters fourth week
- 25.04.2017Chile rocked by 6.9-magnitude quake
- 25.04.2017Poll: Trump approval rating stands at 51 percent, despite surveys to contrary
- 25.04.2017Trump administration calls on North Korea to free jailed US citizen
- 25.04.2017Tillerson, UN to discuss possible new sanctions against N Korea - State Dept.
- 24.04.2017White House explains goal of new us 'largest ever' sanctions against Syria
- 24.04.2017Trump not labeled 1915 events 'genocide'
- 23.04.2017Mexican police shoot dead two drug cartel leaders
- 23.04.2017At Least 1 Killed, 2 Injured in San Jose Shooting
- 23.04.2017Acting head of prison in Guatemala shot dead
- 23.04.2017Mexico kills Gulf cartel boss in Reynosa shootout
- 23.04.2017Powerful floods in Ecuador kill dozens of people
- 22.04.2017Venezuelan opposition begins rally in country's capital
- 22.04.2017Trump certain china to help deal with North Korean threat
- 22.04.2017Pence says United States will honor refugee deal with Australia
- 16.03.2017Treasury's Mnuchin says Trump doesn't want trade wars
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect
- 16.03.2017US: Hack for WhatsApp discovered
- 15.03.2017US Senate confirms ex-senator Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence