Trump – only US president who has 8-year plan: government consultant
Donald Trump is the only US president who has a long-term plan for 8 years, said Edward Luttwak, a government consultant and a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), an American think tank.
He made the remarks addressing a panel discussion titled “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Back to Realpolitik?” which was held as part of the 5th Global Baku Forum on March 16.
“All analysts in the US, as well as around the world claim that Donal Trump has no plan. In reality, we see the opposite. I’m a government consultant. I’ve been working since the presidency of Ronald Reagan. Trump is the only president who has a long-term plan for 8 years,” Luttwak noted.
According to him, during the presidential election campaign in the US, analysts were not ruling out the possibility of Trump’s victory.
“On the other hand, most of them were speaking about the Republicans’ defeat, that they would lose the Senate and the House of Representatives. However, the Republicans occupied the majority of positions,” added the government consultant.
Luttwak stressed that Trump is intending to reduce the number of employees of the State Department.
He went on to say that President Trump is going to legalize the residence of Hispanic people who are living illegally in the US after the country’s border with Mexico is closed.
“Though George Bush, Barack Obama promised Hispanic people to legalize their residence in the US, they didn’t keep their promises. This tactic is essential for Trump to be reelected,” said Luttwak, adding.
“Trump also intends to redistribute income within the country as he thinks the distribution of revenues in the US was conducted radically wrong,” he noted.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017U.S. says it will work with travel industry to implement travel ban
- 27.06.2017Trump says Obama 'colluded' on Russia, without giving evidence
- 26.06.2017In victory for Trump, Supreme Court revives Trump travel ban
- 26.06.2017Supreme Court partially reinstates Donald Trump's travel ban
- 25.06.2017Donald Trump congratulates Muslims on Eid al-Fitr holiday marking end of Ramadan
- 25.06.2017Colombian police arrest 8 suspects in connection with Bogota shopping mall blast
- 25.06.2017One dead, one injured in California shooting
- 25.06.2017Clashes between rival criminal gangs in Mexico leaves seven people dead
- 25.06.2017US issues arrest warrants for five former VW Managers in Emissions fraud scandal
- 24.06.2017Plane crashes into empty Florida daycare building; 1 killed
- 24.06.20175.7-magnitude quake hits off Coracora, Peru
- 24.06.2017Four Venezuelan parliament workers hurt in Caracas clashes
- 23.06.2017Trump nominates Robert Wood Johnson as ambassador to UK
- 23.06.2017Canadian leader says Muslims must fight terrorism
- 22.06.2017Trump has no recordings of talks with FBI ex-director Comey
- 22.06.2017Trump says 'we have a great relationship with China' after critical tweet
- 21.06.2017US crude falls to lowest level in 10 months
- 21.06.2017US F-16 catches fire during takeoff in Texas
- 21.06.2017U.S. Attorney General Sessions hires private attorney
- 21.06.2017UN praises Turkey's hospitality towards refugees
- 21.06.2017Canada: Anti-terror law beefs up cyber threat powers
- 21.06.2017U.S. shoots down drone close to Iraqi-Syrian border
- 21.06.2017U.S. imposes new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- 21.06.2017New Mexico Lab Shutdown Endangers US Nuclear Arsenal
- 20.06.2017U.S. State Department 'mystified' by Gulf states on Qatar
- 20.06.2017Argentina police seize cache of hidden Nazi artifacts
- 20.06.2017Four Mexican federal police killed in ambush in Guerrero
- 20.06.2017Otto Warmbier, US student released from North Korea has died
- 19.06.2017Cuba calls Trump speech on island 'grotesque spectacle'
- 18.06.2017Several sailors' bodies found on stricken Navy destroyer
- 18.06.2017Explosion in Bogota shopping center kills at least three, wounds nine
- 18.06.2017U.S. welcomes Syria cease-fire, urges opposition to halt attacks
- 17.06.2017U.N. chief set to name new Libya envoy after rare contentious search
- 17.06.2017Seven U.S. soldiers wounded in insider attack at Afghan base
- 17.06.2017Trump commends Trudeau for boosting Canada’s military spending
- 16.06.2017Trump orders clampdown on Cuba travel and trade, curbing Obama detente
- 16.06.2017UN unable to confirm death of Daesh leader Baghdadi
- 16.06.2017US sending almost 4,000 extra forces to Afghanistan
- 16.06.2017U.S. Vice President hires counsel to deal with Russia probe inquiries
- 16.06.2017Senate passes new sanctions on Iran, Russia
- 16.03.2017Treasury's Mnuchin says Trump doesn't want trade wars
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect
- 16.03.2017US: Hack for WhatsApp discovered
- 15.03.2017US Senate confirms ex-senator Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence