Trump – only US president who has 8-year plan: government consultant
Donald Trump is the only US president who has a long-term plan for 8 years, said Edward Luttwak, a government consultant and a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), an American think tank.
He made the remarks addressing a panel discussion titled “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Back to Realpolitik?” which was held as part of the 5th Global Baku Forum on March 16.
“All analysts in the US, as well as around the world claim that Donal Trump has no plan. In reality, we see the opposite. I’m a government consultant. I’ve been working since the presidency of Ronald Reagan. Trump is the only president who has a long-term plan for 8 years,” Luttwak noted.
According to him, during the presidential election campaign in the US, analysts were not ruling out the possibility of Trump’s victory.
“On the other hand, most of them were speaking about the Republicans’ defeat, that they would lose the Senate and the House of Representatives. However, the Republicans occupied the majority of positions,” added the government consultant.
Luttwak stressed that Trump is intending to reduce the number of employees of the State Department.
He went on to say that President Trump is going to legalize the residence of Hispanic people who are living illegally in the US after the country’s border with Mexico is closed.
“Though George Bush, Barack Obama promised Hispanic people to legalize their residence in the US, they didn’t keep their promises. This tactic is essential for Trump to be reelected,” said Luttwak, adding.
“Trump also intends to redistribute income within the country as he thinks the distribution of revenues in the US was conducted radically wrong,” he noted.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018Trump denies U.S. embassy to be moved to Jerusalem within a year
- 18.01.2018Trump accuses Russia of helping North Korea evade sanctions; says U.S. needs more missile defense
- 18.01.2018At least 5 dead as winter storm wracks southern US
- 18.01.2018US will consider Turkey’s concerns about PKK: Tillerson
- 18.01.2018U.S. signals open-ended presence in Syria
- 17.01.2018Venezuela helicopter pilot Oscar Pérez killed in raid
- 17.01.2018U.S.-led meeting urges North Korea pressure despite North-South detente
- 17.01.2018Internal solution to Syria would be better: UN chief
- 17.01.2018US withholds $65M aid to Palestine: State Dept
- 17.01.2018Trump administration to appeal 'Dreamer' immigrant ruling
- 16.01.2018At least seven killed in military helicopter crash in Colombia - Army
- 16.01.2018US president hails Qatar anti-terror role
- 15.01.2018Russia’s Lavrov slams US statements on Iran nuclear deal
- 14.01.201813 dead, 39 hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Brazil
- 14.01.2018False missile alert sparks Hawaii panic
- 14.01.2018Trump, Lighthizer discuss China, NAFTA trade talks: White House
- 13.01.2018General Motors reveals self-driving car without steering wheel - VİDEO
- 13.01.2018Florida monkeys to be evicted after study finds they carry lethal Herpes B virus
- 13.01.2018Death toll from California mudslides climbs to 18
- 13.01.2018Food riots in Venezuela leave four dead, 16 wounded
- 13.01.2018Trump should apologize for any vulgar language, says Haiti's ambassador to U.S.
- 13.01.2018U.S. sanctions head of Iran's judiciary, others, over human rights abuses
- 13.01.2018Reluctant Trump grants sanctions relief to Iran one last time
- 12.01.2018Trump uses vulgarity in describing Haiti, African nations
- 12.01.2018Zuckerberg announces new changes to Facebook
- 12.01.2018Trump says he has a "very good relationship" with Kim Jong Un
- 12.01.2018Key Fed official slams U.S. tax cuts for imperiling economy
- 12.01.2018US Treasury to impose new sanctions on Iran
- 11.01.2018Trump to attend Davos economic forum: White House
- 11.01.2018State Dep't: US to fight Iran's presence in Syria with aggressive sanctions
- 11.01.2018Trump says US could stay in Paris climate accord
- 11.01.2018Death toll rises to 17 in California mudslides
- 11.01.2018US: Pence to head delegation to South Korea Olympics
- 11.01.2018U.S. concerned by Iran crackdown, 'will not remain silent': White House
- 10.01.2018Trump says U.S. open to talks with North Korea: White House
- 10.01.2018Magnitude 7.6 earthquake strikes off Central America
- 10.01.2018Death toll reaches 13 killed in Southern California deluge - UPDATED - VİDEO - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Trump signals he could endorse immigration deal
- 10.01.2018Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world
- 09.01.2018At least 5 dead as rain, mud roil California in US
- 16.03.2017Treasury's Mnuchin says Trump doesn't want trade wars
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect
- 16.03.2017US: Hack for WhatsApp discovered
- 15.03.2017US Senate confirms ex-senator Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence