Trump – only US president who has 8-year plan: government consultant
Donald Trump is the only US president who has a long-term plan for 8 years, said Edward Luttwak, a government consultant and a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), an American think tank.
He made the remarks addressing a panel discussion titled “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Back to Realpolitik?” which was held as part of the 5th Global Baku Forum on March 16.
“All analysts in the US, as well as around the world claim that Donal Trump has no plan. In reality, we see the opposite. I’m a government consultant. I’ve been working since the presidency of Ronald Reagan. Trump is the only president who has a long-term plan for 8 years,” Luttwak noted.
According to him, during the presidential election campaign in the US, analysts were not ruling out the possibility of Trump’s victory.
“On the other hand, most of them were speaking about the Republicans’ defeat, that they would lose the Senate and the House of Representatives. However, the Republicans occupied the majority of positions,” added the government consultant.
Luttwak stressed that Trump is intending to reduce the number of employees of the State Department.
He went on to say that President Trump is going to legalize the residence of Hispanic people who are living illegally in the US after the country’s border with Mexico is closed.
“Though George Bush, Barack Obama promised Hispanic people to legalize their residence in the US, they didn’t keep their promises. This tactic is essential for Trump to be reelected,” said Luttwak, adding.
“Trump also intends to redistribute income within the country as he thinks the distribution of revenues in the US was conducted radically wrong,” he noted.
Related news releases
- 24.08.2017U.S. may sanction four countries for refusing deportees
- 24.08.2017Oil steady on falling crude inventories, but rising output weighs
- 24.08.2017US named new permanent co-chair of OSCE Mink Group
- 24.08.2017Science envoy quits over Trump’s Charlottesville stance
- 24.08.2017At least 10 dead, dozens missing as boat sinks in Brazil
- 23.08.2017Kushner holding peace talks in Middle East
- 23.08.2017UN agencies offer emergency assistance to Iraqis fleeing Tal Afar
- 23.08.2017Maduro: Venezuela-US relations at ‘worst moment’
- 23.08.2017US talked to Russia, China about role in Afghan peace process - Tillerson
- 22.08.2017China urges U.S. to fix 'mistake' of sanctioning firms over North Korea
- 22.08.2017US backs Iraq’s territorial integrity: Defense minister
- 22.08.2017Unknown security threat causes lockdown at White House
- 22.08.2017Protesters storm Charlottesville city council meeting
- 22.08.2017U.S., North Korea clash at U.N. forum over nuclear weapons
- 22.08.2017US adds 4 Russian nationals in sanctions list
- 22.08.2017Trump: No timetable for Afghan troop withdrawal
- 21.08.2017Secret Service budget takes blow protecting Trump
- 20.08.2017Second officer dies in Florida police shooting
- 20.08.2017Veteran NAFTA negotiators likely to deflect political pressures
- 20.08.2017Counterprotest derails 'free speech' rally in US city
- 19.08.2017Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousands
- 19.08.2017Earthquake of 6.4 magnitude strikes west of Tonga
- 19.08.2017US has no intention to stay in Syria: State Dept
- 19.08.2017Romania negotiating to buy U.S. rocket systems worth $1.25 billion: Pentagon
- 19.08.2017U.S. State Department email restored after global outage
- 19.08.2017Oil jumps 3 percent as dollar falls, U.S. rig count drops
- 18.08.2017Rare US solar eclipse to help unlock sun's secrets
- 18.08.2017Trump fires adviser Bannon
- 18.08.2017UN Security Council condemns Barcelona terrorist attack
- 17.08.2017White House chief of staff briefs Trump on Barcelona incident
- 17.08.2017At least 13 dead in terror attack in Barcelona - UPDATED - VIDEO
- 17.08.2017Clashes at Venezuelan Prison Kill 37 Inmates, Wound 4
- 17.08.2017At least six killed in suspected gang attack at Guatemala hospital
- 17.08.2017Mike Pence urges four South American nations to cut contacts with North Korea
- 17.08.2017US Black Hawk missing in Hawaii, search underway for crew
- 17.08.2017Trump ends business councils after mass resignations
- 16.08.2017Explosion occurs at plaza Venezuela metro station in Caracas
- 16.08.2017Trump: Both sides to blame in Charlottesville violence
- 16.08.2017Colombia’s FARC to become political party with new name, same acronym
- 16.08.2017U.S. confident of 'peaceable' Venezuelan solution
- 16.03.2017Treasury's Mnuchin says Trump doesn't want trade wars
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect
- 16.03.2017US: Hack for WhatsApp discovered
- 15.03.2017US Senate confirms ex-senator Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence