Trump – only US president who has 8-year plan: government consultant
Donald Trump is the only US president who has a long-term plan for 8 years, said Edward Luttwak, a government consultant and a senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), an American think tank.
He made the remarks addressing a panel discussion titled “The Future of Transatlantic Relations: Back to Realpolitik?” which was held as part of the 5th Global Baku Forum on March 16.
“All analysts in the US, as well as around the world claim that Donal Trump has no plan. In reality, we see the opposite. I’m a government consultant. I’ve been working since the presidency of Ronald Reagan. Trump is the only president who has a long-term plan for 8 years,” Luttwak noted.
According to him, during the presidential election campaign in the US, analysts were not ruling out the possibility of Trump’s victory.
“On the other hand, most of them were speaking about the Republicans’ defeat, that they would lose the Senate and the House of Representatives. However, the Republicans occupied the majority of positions,” added the government consultant.
Luttwak stressed that Trump is intending to reduce the number of employees of the State Department.
He went on to say that President Trump is going to legalize the residence of Hispanic people who are living illegally in the US after the country’s border with Mexico is closed.
“Though George Bush, Barack Obama promised Hispanic people to legalize their residence in the US, they didn’t keep their promises. This tactic is essential for Trump to be reelected,” said Luttwak, adding.
“Trump also intends to redistribute income within the country as he thinks the distribution of revenues in the US was conducted radically wrong,” he noted.
Related news releases
- 25.03.2017U.S. sanctions 30 firms, individuals for aiding Iran, North Korea arms programs
- 25.03.2017GOP House leader addresses media after health care replacement bill pulled
- 24.03.2017Italian Eni finds promising oil reserves off Mexican coast
- 24.03.2017Venezuela to withdraw troops after Colombia border crossing
- 24.03.2017UN Security Council calls for immediate efforts to honor permanent truce in South Sudan
- 24.03.2017State Department to approve Keystone pipeline permit on Friday
- 23.03.2017US Senate Confirms Trump Nominee David Friedman to Be US Ambassador to Israel
- 23.03.2017Belgian police arrest man after car attack attempt
- 23.03.2017Empty cartridges 4 people killed in series of shootings in US
- 23.03.2017US Secretary of State: 'I did not want this job'
- 19.03.2017Trump wants to build 30-foot-high wall at Mexican border
- 19.03.2017Legendary Rock'n'Roll icon Chuck Berry dies at 90
- 19.03.2017Venezuela prison mass grave yields 15 corpses, three headless
- 19.03.2017Man detained after hopping bike-rack barrier near White House
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response
- 17.03.2017US considers Syria-Israel fire exchange to be bilateral matter - Pentagon
- 17.03.2017Iran sentences daughter of late president to jail for second time
- 15.03.2017UN has 'no intention' to arbitrate in Cyprus talks
- 15.03.2017Snowstorm weakens after leaving at least 7 dead
- 14.03.2017US begins drone deployment to South Korea
- 12.03.2017High profile US prosecutor Bharara fired
- 11.03.2017Death toll in Guatemala's youth shelter fire rises to 38
- 11.03.2017'White House intruder' arrested on grounds while Trump at residence - UPDATED
- 11.03.2017Muhammad Ali’s son detained at US airport for second time this year
- 11.03.2017US Congressman made statement on Khojaly genocide
- 11.03.2017Thousands rally against Dakota pipeline in US capital
- 10.03.2017US to host anti-İS coalition summit
- 10.03.2017US brigade combat team test new shadow drones in Germany
- 10.03.2017Senate committee approves Trump intelligence nominee Coats
- 09.03.2017WikiLeaks will share CIA hacking tools with tech companies: Assange
- 08.03.2017UN Security Council condemns North Korea launches
- 08.03.2017OPEC begins dialogue with US shale oil
- 08.03.2017Train collides with charter bus in Mississippi, at least 3 killed
- 07.03.2017Trump says he is working on plan to bring down drug prices
- 07.03.2017WikiLeaks claims to reveal US spy agency's secrets
- 07.03.2017Trump blames Obama over Russia's annexation of Crimea
- 07.03.2017Trump says us uses whole spectrum of military capabilities to deter N. Korea
- 07.03.2017UN nuclear agency confident of cooperation with Trump administration
- 16.03.2017Treasury's Mnuchin says Trump doesn't want trade wars
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect
- 16.03.2017US: Hack for WhatsApp discovered
- 15.03.2017US Senate confirms ex-senator Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence