Trump: "I never asked Comey to close Flynn probe"
"No, no, next question," Trump said when asked whether he may have obstructed justice by asking then-FBI Director James Comey to close the investigation into Mike Flynn, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
Trump said Comey had a "poor, poor performance" when speaking before the Senate. "So poor, in fact that I believed that's why the deputy Attorney General wrote the letter" in which the Justice Department advised the President to fire Comey.
Trump is under fire for having potentially interfered with the FBI's investigation into Flynn's ties with Turkey and Russia.
A special prosecutor was appointed on Wednesday to lead the investigation into alleged ties between Trump associates and the Russian government.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018US not seeking to reopen Iran nuclear deal, envoy says
- 26.04.2018U.S. probing Huawei for possible Iran sanctions violations
- 25.04.2018Senate confirms new director of National Security Agency
- 25.04.2018US urges all sides in Armenia to engage constructively on transition of power
- 25.04.2018Trump and France's Macron seek new measures on Iran as deadline looms
- 25.04.2018US: 2 officers, 1 civilian shot in Texas
- 25.04.2018Venezuelan refugees in Colombia exceed one million
- 24.04.2018US defense official comments on relations with Russia
- 24.04.2018Terrorism is likely motive behind Toronto van attack: U.S. source
- 24.04.2018Driver kills 10, injures 15 plowing van into Toronto sidewalk crowd
- 24.04.2018France's Macron visits Trump as Iran nuclear deal hangs in balance
- 24.04.2018At least nine dead in Nicaragua protests, U.S. curbs embassy services
- 24.04.2018U.S. allies press Trump to keep Iran nuclear deal alive
- 24.04.2018Mattis says he is optimistic North Korea talk will be 'fruitful'
- 22.04.2018One killed, six injured in overnight shooting in San Francisco
- 21.04.2018At least three dead, including police officer, in Nicaragua protests
- 21.04.2018Trump, France's Macron to discuss Iran nuclear deal next week
- 21.04.2018State Dept reveals content of US under secretary meeting with Russian ambassador
- 21.04.2018Russia calls for greater UN presence in Syria
- 20.04.2018US president slams cartel OPEC over high oil prices
- 20.04.2018Time reveals 100 Most Influential People for 2018
- 20.04.2018Man linked to 9/11 attacks on U.S. captured in Syria
- 20.04.2018No intent to change Syria's strategic balance: Pentagon
- 20.04.2018Trudeau says recognizes NAFTA timeline, will stick up for Canada
- 20.04.2018Russian diplomat calls on US to show readiness for constructive dialogue
- 20.04.2018US State Dept warns Turkey of possible sanctions over S-400 purchase
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal has no plans to visit Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh
- 19.04.2018Trump: US taking care of Cuba following election of new president
- 19.04.2018Trump: Battle between US forces, Russian nationals in Syria month ago 'sad'
- 19.04.2018Trump, Japan's Abe agree to intensify trade talks
- 18.04.2018Castro nears retirement as Cuban president; successor proposed
- 18.04.2018Pompeo visits North Korea, forms 'good relationship with Kim', says Trump
- 18.04.2018Mike Pompeo, CIA chief, met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un
- 18.04.2018US, allies to be unable to dislodge Assad
- 18.04.2018Former First Lady Barbara Bush dies at the age of 92
- 17.04.2018Top NAFTA officials to meet in Washington Thursday
- 17.04.2018US-led coalition ready to share data with Russia on İSİL in Syria’s Abu Kamal
- 17.04.2018Syria says missiles fired at air base intercepted; Pentagon denies involvement
- 17.04.2018Trump administration delays new sanctions on Russia: official
- 17.04.2018U.S., Britain blame Russia for global cyber attack
- 19.05.2017U.S. executives tell Congress they want permanent tax reform
- 19.05.2017Fox News founder dies at 77
- 19.05.2017Democrats predict a Trump sellout on NAFTA
- 18.05.2017Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'greatest witch hunt' in U.S. history
- 18.05.2017Brazilian Supreme Court Authorizes opening of investigation against President
- 18.05.2017One person dead, at least 13 injured after car hits pedestrians in the U.S. - VIDEO - UPDATED