Trump: "I never asked Comey to close Flynn probe"
"No, no, next question," Trump said when asked whether he may have obstructed justice by asking then-FBI Director James Comey to close the investigation into Mike Flynn, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
Trump said Comey had a "poor, poor performance" when speaking before the Senate. "So poor, in fact that I believed that's why the deputy Attorney General wrote the letter" in which the Justice Department advised the President to fire Comey.
Trump is under fire for having potentially interfered with the FBI's investigation into Flynn's ties with Turkey and Russia.
A special prosecutor was appointed on Wednesday to lead the investigation into alleged ties between Trump associates and the Russian government.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018US, Russian top diplomats discuss Syria over phone
- 19.06.2018Trump orders creation of US 'Space Force'
- 17.06.2018Argentina to replace energy and production ministers
- 16.06.2018At least 17 dead in Venezuelan nightclub after tear gas blast
- 16.06.2018Kushner, Haley hold talks with UN chief on humanitarian needs in Gaza
- 16.06.2018U.S. warns Americans of terrorism threat at World Cup in Russia
- 16.06.2018Trump supports Republican immigration bills in U.S. House: White House
- 16.06.2018U.S. judge sends ex-Trump campaign head Manafort to jail pre-trial
- 16.06.2018Trump sets tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods; Beijing strikes back
- 15.06.2018Trump tells G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian
- 15.06.2018Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearisation
- 15.06.2018UN calls for vital port of Hudaydah to stay open
- 15.06.2018Nicaragua president's foes stage nationwide strike
- 15.06.2018DoD Chief Mattis Discusses With S Korean Counterpart Results of Singapore Summit
- 15.06.2018US forces conduct airstrike in Libya, manage to kill one terrorist
- 14.06.2018Facebook's chief of communications, policy to step down
- 14.06.2018Norwegian politicians nominate Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- 14.06.2018UN votes to condemn Israel's 'excessive force' against Gaza Protests
- 14.06.2018Top White House officials planning to quit
- 14.06.2018Volcanic ash forces Guatemala airport to suspend operations
- 14.06.2018Trump says summit removed North Korean nuclear threat
- 14.06.2018Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels
- 13.06.2018Trump, Iran spar over oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
- 13.06.2018Trump says no war games while North Korea negotiates in good faith
- 13.06.2018New US sanctions will have no effect - Russia’s Foreign Ministry
- 13.06.2018Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump accept each other's visit invitations
- 12.06.2018UN Sec Gen: implementing agreements by US, North Korean leaders requires patience
- 12.06.2018US must sustain maximum economic pressure on Pyongyang - House Speaker
- 12.06.2018Trump top economic adviser suffers heart attack moments before Trump-Kim Summit
- 12.06.2018US sanctions new Russian entities over cyberattacks
- 12.06.2018US extradites former Panamanian president
- 11.06.2018Guterres: UN ready to play verification role in N Korea denuclearization process
- 10.06.2018Mexican parliamentary candidate shot dead after debates
- 10.06.2018G7 nations release joint communique
- 09.06.2018Any agreement with North Korea will be 'spur of the moment': Trump
- 09.06.2018Trump demands end to 'unfair' trade after G7 summit
- 09.06.2018U.S., EU take small step on trade, but no breakthrough at G7 summit
- 09.06.2018U.N. Security Council elects five members for two-year term
- 09.06.2018Muhammad Ali family lawyer to Trump: thanks, but no pardon needed
- 08.06.2018Pompeo: Kim Jong Un has 'indicated to me personally that he is prepared to denuclearize'
- 19.05.2017U.S. executives tell Congress they want permanent tax reform
- 19.05.2017Fox News founder dies at 77
- 19.05.2017Democrats predict a Trump sellout on NAFTA
- 18.05.2017Trump calls special counsel Russia probe 'greatest witch hunt' in U.S. history
- 18.05.2017Brazilian Supreme Court Authorizes opening of investigation against President
- 18.05.2017One person dead, at least 13 injured after car hits pedestrians in the U.S. - VIDEO - UPDATED