Trump '100 percent' ready to testify under oath about private talks with Comey
US President Donald Trump in a joint press conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis on Friday made a series of remarks about former FBI Director James Comey's testimony to the Congress, saying that it showed showed "no collusion" between his presidential campaign and Russia and that he is ready to testify on the issue under oath, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
Trump said that Thursday's testimony of Comey proved there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, or any obstruction in the FBI investigation of Russia and the election.
"Yesterday showed no collusion, no obstruction," Trump claimed.
Answering further questions on the matter, the American leader said that he had never asked the ex-FBI director to halt an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, despite Comey’s testimony suggesting otherwise.
"I didn't say that. I will tell you, I didn't say that," he told reporters.
When asked whether he would be able to speak under oath about his private conversations with Comey, Trump claimed, "One hundred percent."
In his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey admitted that "the main" point of a February New York Times article alleging Trump aides were in cahoots with Russian spies was just plain wrong.
The FBI chief also said the argument that the accusations claiming Russia had hacked the Democratic National Committee (DMC) to ensure Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 presidential election to Trump was a false claim.
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017US to 'not take sides' in Iraqi-Kurdish dispute: Trump
- 17.10.2017US forces kill dozens of Daesh fighters in Yemen
- 15.10.2017Powerful Hurricane Ophelia heads toward Ireland
- 15.10.2017Approach to Iran exposes growing irritation between U.S. and allies
- 14.10.2017Magnitude 5.4 quake rumbles southern Mexico, no reports of damage
- 14.10.2017Mattis says U.S. working to ensure situation around Kirkuk does not escalate
- 13.10.2017Donald Trump makes a statement on new Iranian strategy
- 13.10.2017US adds Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps to sanctions list
- 13.10.2017Trump strikes blow against Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
- 13.10.2017Tillerson: Trump to stay in Iran nuclear deal, but decertify Tehran's compliance
- 13.10.2017US hopes to dialogue with Turkey over visa spat
- 13.10.2017Trump to announce US strategy on Iran on Friday: White House
- 13.10.2017Niger ambush that killed eight the work of new ISIL offshoot: Pentagon
- 13.10.2017US ready to return flags to Russia - State Department official
- 13.10.2017Officers killed, schools on lockdown after North Carolina prison break
- 12.10.2017Russian MoD delegation traveling to UN Headquarters denied US entry visas
- 12.10.2017UN secretary general ‘deeply regrets’ US pulling out of UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Trump signs executive order changing affordable Care Act Healthcare Insurance rules
- 12.10.2017U.S. withdraws from UNESCO
- 12.10.2017At least 23 dead, hundreds missing as winds fan California wildfires
- 12.10.2017US officials ‘respectfully' took down Russian flags - State Department
- 12.10.2017Mattis says U.S. will work to stay aligned with Turkey despite diplomatic tensions
- 12.10.2017US energy agency revises up oil price forecast
- 12.10.2017US: Fed officials split on interest rate increase
- 12.10.2017Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- 12.10.2017US ‘committed’ to restarting Mideast talks: Jordan king
- 12.10.2017Trump denies seeking nearly tenfold increase in U.S. nuclear arsenal
- 11.10.2017At least 13 killed in prison riot in northern Mexico
- 11.10.2017US: Turkey visa decision a 'coordinated effort'
- 11.10.2017Sears Canada to seek liquidation, then closure
- 11.10.2017Trump to announce broad Iran strategy this week: White House
- 10.10.2017Trump says he's likely to sign healthcare order this week
- 10.10.2017Texas Tech Police Officer Shot and Killed; Suspect in Custody
- 10.10.2017Oil prices climb after OPEC signals possible deal extension
- 07.10.2017Fed must hike rates in face of hot U.S. labor market: Rosengren
- 07.10.2017US: 3 men charged for Daesh-inspired plot attack in NY
- 07.10.2017Oil down 2 percent, breaks five-week rally as oversupply fears resurface
- 07.10.2017Trump to unveil new responses to Iranian 'bad behavior': White House
- 07.10.2017Pentagon says fourth U.S. soldier killed in Niger ambush
- 07.10.201722 dead in Central America from Tropical Storm Nate
- 10.06.2017US' Tillerson urges Saudi allies to ease Qatar blockade
- 10.06.2017Trump calls on Qatar to stop "funding" terrorism
- 10.06.2017Trump commits US to NATO mutual defense article
- 09.06.2017Russia intercepts US aircraft over Baltic Sea - Pentagon
- 09.06.2017Oil falls, lowest settlement since November output cut deal
- 09.06.2017Trump attorney disputes Comey testimony, slams leak