Trump '100 percent' ready to testify under oath about private talks with Comey
US President Donald Trump in a joint press conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis on Friday made a series of remarks about former FBI Director James Comey's testimony to the Congress, saying that it showed showed "no collusion" between his presidential campaign and Russia and that he is ready to testify on the issue under oath, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
Trump said that Thursday's testimony of Comey proved there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, or any obstruction in the FBI investigation of Russia and the election.
"Yesterday showed no collusion, no obstruction," Trump claimed.
Answering further questions on the matter, the American leader said that he had never asked the ex-FBI director to halt an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, despite Comey’s testimony suggesting otherwise.
"I didn't say that. I will tell you, I didn't say that," he told reporters.
When asked whether he would be able to speak under oath about his private conversations with Comey, Trump claimed, "One hundred percent."
In his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey admitted that "the main" point of a February New York Times article alleging Trump aides were in cahoots with Russian spies was just plain wrong.
The FBI chief also said the argument that the accusations claiming Russia had hacked the Democratic National Committee (DMC) to ensure Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 presidential election to Trump was a false claim.
Related news releases
- 16.08.2017Explosion occurs at plaza Venezuela metro station in Caracas
- 16.08.2017Trump: Both sides to blame in Charlottesville violence
- 16.08.2017Colombia’s FARC to become political party with new name, same acronym
- 16.08.2017U.S. confident of 'peaceable' Venezuelan solution
- 16.08.2017US senator McCain urges Trump to promote free trade as NAFTA talks begin
- 15.08.2017U.S. sanctions hit Russian hopes of a 'Trump bump' for investment
- 15.08.2017Oil prices steady after overnight tumble on dollar strength
- 15.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro seeks to capitalize on Trump's military threat
- 15.08.2017Pence says 'failed state' in Venezuela threatens United States
- 15.08.2017Trump condemns KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists
- 14.08.2017Trump returns to Washington with target on China
- 14.08.2017Mike Pence: Peaceful solution to Venezuela crisis is possible
- 13.08.20172 killed in helicopter crash in U.S. state of Virginia
- 13.08.2017Emergency declared in the US as clashes erupt at hate rally
- 12.08.2017At least 1 killed, over 30 injured in Charlottesville Far-Right violence
- 12.08.2017Magnitude 5.6 quake kills 1, hurts 2 in Peru
- 12.08.2017Venezuela defense chief calls Trump threat of intervention 'crazy'
- 12.08.2017Trump: North Korea will regret any acts against US
- 12.08.2017Trump: Military option possible in Venezuela
- 12.08.2017Trump will send envoys to Middle East to discuss peace: official
- 12.08.2017US not interested in talking about back channels with North Korea
- 11.08.2017US state secretary calls for delay of Kurd region poll
- 11.08.2017Trump tweets 'military solutions for North Korea are locked and loaded'
- 11.08.2017Trump thanks Putin for expelling U.S. diplomats, infuriating State Department
- 11.08.2017US could shut Russian consulate over diplomatic ouster
- 11.08.2017Venezuela's Maduro says ready for talks with Trump
- 11.08.2017Trump declares national emergency on opioid abuse
- 11.08.2017Trump escalates warning to North Korea
- 10.08.2017U.S. destroyer challenges China's claims in South China Sea
- 10.08.2017US strongly reacts to Putin's visit to Abkhazia
- 10.08.2017Guam governor says 'no panic' on US pacific island over North Korea's threat
- 10.08.2017Cuban diplomats expelled from US over mystery illness
- 10.08.2017Oil inches higher after data points to declining U.S. inventories
- 09.08.2017Pentagon chief issues stark warning to North Korea
- 09.08.2017US sanctions 22 Mexican individuals, 43 entities tied to drug gang
- 09.08.2017Trump boasts of U.S. nuclear power in warning to North Korea
- 09.08.2017Trump campaign turns over thousands of documents in Russia probe
- 09.08.2017US regulators to probe Qualcomm’s complaints of Apple
- 09.08.2017Venezuela using excessive force, arrests to crush protests: U.N.
- 08.08.2017Trump: North Korean threats 'will be met with fire & fury'
- 10.06.2017US' Tillerson urges Saudi allies to ease Qatar blockade
- 10.06.2017Trump calls on Qatar to stop "funding" terrorism
- 10.06.2017Trump commits US to NATO mutual defense article
- 09.06.2017Russia intercepts US aircraft over Baltic Sea - Pentagon
- 09.06.2017Oil falls, lowest settlement since November output cut deal
- 09.06.2017Trump attorney disputes Comey testimony, slams leak