Trump '100 percent' ready to testify under oath about private talks with Comey
US President Donald Trump in a joint press conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis on Friday made a series of remarks about former FBI Director James Comey's testimony to the Congress, saying that it showed showed "no collusion" between his presidential campaign and Russia and that he is ready to testify on the issue under oath, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
Trump said that Thursday's testimony of Comey proved there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, or any obstruction in the FBI investigation of Russia and the election.
"Yesterday showed no collusion, no obstruction," Trump claimed.
Answering further questions on the matter, the American leader said that he had never asked the ex-FBI director to halt an investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, despite Comey’s testimony suggesting otherwise.
"I didn't say that. I will tell you, I didn't say that," he told reporters.
When asked whether he would be able to speak under oath about his private conversations with Comey, Trump claimed, "One hundred percent."
In his testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday, Comey admitted that "the main" point of a February New York Times article alleging Trump aides were in cahoots with Russian spies was just plain wrong.
The FBI chief also said the argument that the accusations claiming Russia had hacked the Democratic National Committee (DMC) to ensure Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 presidential election to Trump was a false claim.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018Trump says summit with Kim may be delayed
- 22.05.2018Cuba plane crash death toll rises to 111
- 21.05.2018U.S. toughens stance on Iran, lists sweeping demands
- 20.05.201822 injured after flash fire at plant near Pasadena
- 20.05.2018110 Confirmed Dead in Cuba Boeing 737 Plane Crash
- 19.05.2018Crashed Cuban plane's passengers included five foreigners plus crew: state media
- 19.05.2018U.S. sanctions No. 2 official in Venezuela's Socialist party
- 19.05.2018More than 100 killed in passenger plane crash in Cuba - UPDATED-1
- 18.05.2018In speech, Pompeo to call for 'broad support' against Iran
- 18.05.2018Senate approves Gina Haspel as next CIA director
- 18.05.2018PayPal in talks to buy Sweden's iZettle in $2.2 billion deal: WSJ
- 18.05.2018'Loner' student shoots and kills 10 at Texas school - UPDATED
- 18.05.2018US says ready to defend as Russia deploys in Mediterranean
- 17.05.2018China becomes spoiled on trade, trade deal unlikely to happen - Trump - UPDATED
- 17.05.2018Scope of drills unchanged amid preparations to Summit with Kim - Pentagon
- 17.05.2018Canada's Trudeau says feeling positive about NAFTA talks
- 17.05.2018Explosive eruption occurs at Hawaii's Kilauea volcano
- 17.05.2018Key senators: 'no doubt' Russia sought to interfere in U.S. election
- 17.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Arkansas
- 17.05.2018U.S. sanctions Hezbollah leader Nasrallah, deputy Qassem
- 17.05.2018UN 'collapsed' in face of Gaza killings: Turkish leader
- 16.05.2018Trump says 'We'll see' on North Korea summit, to insist on denuclearization
- 16.05.2018Trump tweets: China has 'much to give' in trade negotiations
- 16.05.2018Ash cloud from Hawaii volcano sparks aviation red alert
- 16.05.2018Mexico central bank to create cyber security unit after hack
- 15.05.2018US sanctions head of Iran's central bank
- 15.05.2018Facebook suspends 200 apps over mishandled user data
- 15.05.2018North, South Korea to hold high-level inter-Korea talks on May 16
- 15.05.2018US First Lady Undergoes Kidney Surgery at Military Hospital
- 15.05.2018U.S. blames Hamas for deadly Gaza violence
- 13.05.2018Trump welcomes North Korea's decision to dismantle nuclear test site
- 12.05.2018US condemns Iranian 'destabilizing influence' in region
- 11.05.2018Trump seeks 'very meaningful' summit in Singapore with North Korea
- 11.05.2018White House Reveals Reasons Singapore Chosen for Kim-Trump Summit
- 11.05.2018SpaceX postpones first commercial launch of updated Falcon 9 rocket
- 10.05.2018US Imposes New Sanctions on Iran
- 10.05.2018Trump-Kim Jong-un summit set for Singapore on 12 June
- 10.05.2018US to address shortcomings in Iran deal: Mattis
- 10.05.2018Americans freed by North Korea before Trump-Kim summit head home
- 10.05.2018Trump says U.S.-North Korea summit will not be at demilitarized zone
- 10.06.2017US' Tillerson urges Saudi allies to ease Qatar blockade
- 10.06.2017Trump calls on Qatar to stop "funding" terrorism
- 10.06.2017Trump commits US to NATO mutual defense article
- 09.06.2017Russia intercepts US aircraft over Baltic Sea - Pentagon
- 09.06.2017Oil falls, lowest settlement since November output cut deal
- 09.06.2017Trump attorney disputes Comey testimony, slams leak