Tillerson expresses support for Iraq’s unity
Prime Minister of Iraq Haider Al-Abadi received a phone call, on Tuesday, from United States Secretary of State Rex. Tillerson, said the statement on the Iraqi Prime Minister’s website.
Tillerson affirmed that Washington does not recognize the referendum in the Kurdistan region while it's supporting the unity of Iraq and the steps have been taken by the federal government to avoid confrontation, imposing the rule of law.
He also noted out that the United States of America is giving the significant importance to the war against Daesh, liberating all of Iraq's territories and supporting the efforts of the Iraqi government to eliminate terrorism in addition to reconstruction of liberated areas and support the Iraqi economy.
Al-Abadi said that what happened in Kirkuk represents a redeployment to impose order in the province, which those are legal and constitutional steps to prevent the division of the country and weaken it.
He added that the federal government was keen on dialogue on the basis of the Constitution, but officials in the region did not respond, stressing that the priority is still the battle against Daesh's terrorist gangs, in which we are approaching the end of it, liberating of all Iraqi territories and secure the border.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018US, Russian top diplomats discuss Syria over phone
- 19.06.2018Trump orders creation of US 'Space Force'
- 17.06.2018Argentina to replace energy and production ministers
- 16.06.2018At least 17 dead in Venezuelan nightclub after tear gas blast
- 16.06.2018Kushner, Haley hold talks with UN chief on humanitarian needs in Gaza
- 16.06.2018U.S. warns Americans of terrorism threat at World Cup in Russia
- 16.06.2018Trump supports Republican immigration bills in U.S. House: White House
- 16.06.2018U.S. judge sends ex-Trump campaign head Manafort to jail pre-trial
- 16.06.2018Trump sets tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods; Beijing strikes back
- 15.06.2018Trump tells G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian
- 15.06.2018Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearisation
- 15.06.2018UN calls for vital port of Hudaydah to stay open
- 15.06.2018Nicaragua president's foes stage nationwide strike
- 15.06.2018DoD Chief Mattis Discusses With S Korean Counterpart Results of Singapore Summit
- 15.06.2018US forces conduct airstrike in Libya, manage to kill one terrorist
- 14.06.2018Facebook's chief of communications, policy to step down
- 14.06.2018Norwegian politicians nominate Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- 14.06.2018UN votes to condemn Israel's 'excessive force' against Gaza Protests
- 14.06.2018Top White House officials planning to quit
- 14.06.2018Volcanic ash forces Guatemala airport to suspend operations
- 14.06.2018Trump says summit removed North Korean nuclear threat
- 14.06.2018Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels
- 13.06.2018Trump, Iran spar over oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
- 13.06.2018Trump says no war games while North Korea negotiates in good faith
- 13.06.2018New US sanctions will have no effect - Russia’s Foreign Ministry
- 13.06.2018Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump accept each other's visit invitations
- 12.06.2018UN Sec Gen: implementing agreements by US, North Korean leaders requires patience
- 12.06.2018US must sustain maximum economic pressure on Pyongyang - House Speaker
- 12.06.2018Trump top economic adviser suffers heart attack moments before Trump-Kim Summit
- 12.06.2018US sanctions new Russian entities over cyberattacks
- 12.06.2018US extradites former Panamanian president
- 11.06.2018Guterres: UN ready to play verification role in N Korea denuclearization process
- 10.06.2018Mexican parliamentary candidate shot dead after debates
- 10.06.2018G7 nations release joint communique
- 09.06.2018Any agreement with North Korea will be 'spur of the moment': Trump
- 09.06.2018Trump demands end to 'unfair' trade after G7 summit
- 09.06.2018U.S., EU take small step on trade, but no breakthrough at G7 summit
- 09.06.2018U.N. Security Council elects five members for two-year term
- 09.06.2018Muhammad Ali family lawyer to Trump: thanks, but no pardon needed
- 08.06.2018Pompeo: Kim Jong Un has 'indicated to me personally that he is prepared to denuclearize'
- 18.10.2017US: 3 dead, 2 injured in Maryland shooting
- 19.10.2017Tillerson to visit Pakistan as well as India: senior U.S. official
- 19.10.2017Ford to recall 1.34 million trucks in North America for door latch fix
- 18.10.2017Hillary Clinton says U.S. threats of war with North Korea 'dangerous, short-sighted'
- 18.10.2017More than 90 percent of Raqqa liberated: Pentagon
- 18.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro defends disputed vote, opposition divided