Three people killed in Fresno shooting spree
Three people were killed as a man went on a shooting spree in central Fresno, California on Tuesday and later surrendered to police, the Fresno Police Department said, APA reports quoting Xinhua.
The 39-year-old suspect, identified as Kori Ali Muhammad, was taken into custody.
The shooting spree was a random act of violence and Muhammad shouted "Allahu Akbar" as police tackled him to the ground, Police Chief Jerry Dyer said.
Muhammad has made posts against white people and expressed anti-government sentiments on Facebook and all of the victims were white men, said Dyer at a press conference.
The Fresno spree killer apparently had an active online presence, including two digital rap albums and several social media accounts that posted racially charged threats against President Donald Trump, according to the Fresno Bee, a local media.
Police confirmed that Muhammad is also suspected for the murder of a security guard outside Motel 6 in central Fresno on Thursday, but it was still too early to say if the shooting was an act of terrorism.
The shooting spree began around 10:45 a.m. local time and 16 shots were fired at the four different locations in less than one minute.
Two of the people shot outside Catholic Charities may have been clients of the social service agency and the third victim was a passenger in a Pacific Gas & Electric truck. A fourth man was shot at but not injured, the Fresno Bee reported.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2017U.S. Senate panel approves Trump's USTR nominee
- 25.04.2017Death toll in Venezuela's unrest rises to 26
- 25.04.2017Antarctic ice melting much faster than previously believed
- 25.04.2017Venezuela death toll rises as unrest enters fourth week
- 25.04.2017Chile rocked by 6.9-magnitude quake
- 25.04.2017Poll: Trump approval rating stands at 51 percent, despite surveys to contrary
- 25.04.2017Trump administration calls on North Korea to free jailed US citizen
- 25.04.2017Tillerson, UN to discuss possible new sanctions against N Korea - State Dept.
- 24.04.2017White House explains goal of new us 'largest ever' sanctions against Syria
- 24.04.2017Trump not labeled 1915 events 'genocide'
- 23.04.2017Mexican police shoot dead two drug cartel leaders
- 23.04.2017At Least 1 Killed, 2 Injured in San Jose Shooting
- 23.04.2017Acting head of prison in Guatemala shot dead
- 23.04.2017Mexico kills Gulf cartel boss in Reynosa shootout
- 23.04.2017Powerful floods in Ecuador kill dozens of people
- 22.04.2017Venezuelan opposition begins rally in country's capital
- 22.04.2017Trump certain china to help deal with North Korean threat
- 22.04.2017Pence says United States will honor refugee deal with Australia
- 22.04.2017U.S. defense secretary says Syria dispersed warplanes, retains chemical weapons
- 22.04.2017Trump, UNSC members to meet at White House
- 22.04.2017Man shot dead in Venezuelan capital amid anti-government protests
- 21.04.2017Soul singer Cuba Gooding Sr. dies
- 21.04.2017Trump holds secret talks with Colombia’s former leaders
- 21.04.2017Police say 2 dead, 3 hurt in Vancouver Island rail crash
- 21.04.2017Latin America nations condemn Venezuela violence
- 20.04.2017UN Security Council condemns North Korea missile test
- 20.04.2017US secretary of defense arrives in Israel for talks
- 20.04.2017Venezuelan opposition protests again against Maduro
- 20.04.2017Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News amid sexual misconduct allegations
- 20.04.2017Venezuelan protests against government leave two students dead
- 18.04.2017Pence warns North Korea of U.S. resolve shown in Syria, Afghan strikes
- 17.04.2017US, South Korea, Japan to convene trilateral talks on North Korean threat
- 16.04.2017Fugitive ex-governor of Mexican state of Veracruz detained
- 16.04.201713 people arrested in California at rally over Trump's undisclosed tax returns
- 16.04.20176.2-magnitude quake jolts N. Chile, no reports of damage
- 15.04.2017US vice president to begin Asia tour amid Korea tension
- 15.04.2017U.S. 'Mother of all bombs' owes origins to specialized anti-Nazi weapons
- 14.04.2017Nearly 1,700 people evacuated in Uruguay amid floods
- 14.04.20171 killed, 3 wounded in Atlanta metro shooting
- 14.04.2017Death toll of anti-government protests in Venezuela reaches seven
- 19.04.2017Trump directs National Security Council to review Iran nuclear deal
- 19.04.2017Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush hospitalized in Houston
- 20.04.201714 dead in Colombia landslides
- 18.04.2017Kelly: Terror threat to US worse than before 9/11 attacks
- 18.04.2017Cleveland murder suspect Steve Stephens kills himself after pursuit
- 18.04.2017Pence says US will work with Japan, allies to resolve against North Korea