Soul singer Cuba Gooding Sr. dies
Soul singer Cuba Gooding Sr, the father of Oscar-winning actor Cuba Gooding Jr, has died, APA reported citing Independent.
Gooding Jr's publicist confirmed the death of the 72-year-old, who was the lead singer of soul group The Main Ingredient and had a brief solo career with Motown Records.
His body was reportedly found in a parked car in the San Fernando Valley in California on Thursday afternoon.
Los Angeles Police Department did not name Gooding Sr, but confirmed it investigated the death of a man found in a car on Ventura Boulevard, Woodland Hills, at around 1pm.
A police spokesman said there was “no indication of foul play or homicide” and the case had been passed to the coroner.
Gooding Sr's biggest hits with The Main Ingredient were 'Everybody Plays The Fool' in 1972 and 'Just Don't Want To Be Lonely', in 1974.
His son Cuba, who won the best supporting actor Oscar in 1997 for his role in Jerry Maguire, spoke about his father during an episode of Inside the Actors Studio earlier this year.
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017UN says ongoing Daesh threat needs to be annihilated
- 23.11.2017Anomalous methane-rich comet 45p could be key to understanding origins of life
- 23.11.2017Trump to meet congressional leaders next week on legislative issues -White House
- 23.11.2017Ex-Olympics doctor faces 25 to 40 years in prison
- 23.11.2017U.S. welcomes Hariri's return to Lebanon: State Department official
- 23.11.2017U.S. crude pares gains, but lingers near 2-year high
- 23.11.2017U.S. calls Myanmar moves against Rohingya 'ethnic cleansing'
- 22.11.2017Attorney general says bodyguard accidentally kills Mexican Televisa exec
- 22.11.2017US calls Turkish gov’t accusations of plot in Zarrab case ‘ridiculous’
- 22.11.2017US sanctions Chinese, North Korean entities
- 22.11.2017Colombia protests Venezuelan military crossing border
- 21.11.2017UK welcomes Mugabe's resignation
- 21.11.2017Trump and Putin spoke by phone
- 21.11.2017US, Afghan forces launch anti-poppy operation
- 21.11.2017Missing Argentine submarine had reported electrical malfunction
- 20.11.2017US re-designates N Korea state sponsor of terrorism
- 19.11.2017Trump calls 'crooked' Hillary Clinton 'worst and biggest loser of all time'
- 18.11.20179 injured in large fire atop 6-story apartment building in New York
- 18.11.2017Argentine submarine goes missing for two days, major search op underway
- 18.11.2017Canada, Mexico try more flexibility as key NAFTA round opens
- 17.11.2017US official: If Turkey buys Russian systems, they can’t plug into NATO tech
- 17.11.2017Turkish businessman Reza Zarrab escapes knife attack in U.S. prison
- 17.11.2017Canadian senator dies on parliamentary trip in Colombia
- 17.11.2017South Dakota Keystone pipeline shut down after oil spill
- 17.11.2017UN Security Council rejects Russian draft on Syria chemical probe
- 17.11.2017The impeachment of President Donald Trump has officially begun
- 17.11.2017Fed's Williams calls for global rethink of monetary policy
- 17.11.2017US House passes tax reform bill, sends measure to Senate
- 16.11.2017Trump urges U.N. council to renew Syria chemical arms inquiry
- 16.11.2017More worries in Congress over cuts at U.S. State Department
- 16.11.2017US Democrats enter new articles to impeach Trump
- 15.11.2017Planned talks between Venezuelan opposition, government will not take place
- 15.11.2017U.S. security officials arrive in Israel to discuss Syria agreement
- 15.11.2017US FDA approves first 'digital pill'
- 15.11.2017Death toll as a result of a gunman in California fired at school reached - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017De Mistura: Putin, Trump create qualitatively new situation in Syrian settlement
- 14.11.2017At least 3 dead in California school shooting, shooter killed by police
- 14.11.2017Trump vows free and open Indo-Pacific region
- 14.11.2017US Army lifts ban on recruits with mental health history
- 12.11.2017Six people killed in bus-hearse crash in Mexico
- 22.04.2017Man shot dead in Venezuelan capital amid anti-government protests
- 22.04.2017Trump, UNSC members to meet at White House
- 22.04.2017U.S. defense secretary says Syria dispersed warplanes, retains chemical weapons
- 21.04.2017Trump holds secret talks with Colombia’s former leaders
- 21.04.2017Police say 2 dead, 3 hurt in Vancouver Island rail crash
- 21.04.2017Latin America nations condemn Venezuela violence