Trump signs executive order changing affordable Care Act Healthcare Insurance rules
President Donald Trump on Thursday signed an executive order on healthcare directing the US government to increase competition and change a number of the existing Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, regulations, APA reports quoting Sputnik.
"This is promoting healthcare, choice and competition all across the United States… This will be great healthcare," Trump said upon signing the executive order.
The president also added that the order will affect millions of people. The White House will pressure the Congress to finish repealing and replacing Obamacare once and for all, Donald Trump noted.
Earlier it this week President Donald Trump told reporters he will sign legislation this week to take care of a big portion of individuals "badly hurt" under the Affordable Care Act healthcare system, also known as Obamacare.
Trump characterized his upcoming healthcare measure as "very simple" but "intricate."
On September 26, Republicans in the US Senate decided not to vote on the latest plan to repeal and replace Obamacare when they failed to secure enough votes. The senators said they hoped to try again early next year.
Meanwhile, a nationwide survey revealed in September that the US public favors Obamacare over the Republican Graham-Cassidy healthcare proposal by a 23-point margin.
56 percent of those polled supported Obamacare to 33 percent who backed the Republican bill, according to an ABC News/Washington Post poll that was released on September 22. Twenty one million more Americans would be uninsured if Obamacare is repealed and replaced by the Graham-Cassidy plan, according to a Brookings Institution study released earlier that day.
Related news releases
- 17.10.2017US to 'not take sides' in Iraqi-Kurdish dispute: Trump
- 17.10.2017US forces kill dozens of Daesh fighters in Yemen
- 15.10.2017Powerful Hurricane Ophelia heads toward Ireland
- 15.10.2017Approach to Iran exposes growing irritation between U.S. and allies
- 14.10.2017Magnitude 5.4 quake rumbles southern Mexico, no reports of damage
- 14.10.2017Mattis says U.S. working to ensure situation around Kirkuk does not escalate
- 13.10.2017Donald Trump makes a statement on new Iranian strategy
- 13.10.2017US adds Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps to sanctions list
- 13.10.2017Trump strikes blow against Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
- 13.10.2017Tillerson: Trump to stay in Iran nuclear deal, but decertify Tehran's compliance
- 13.10.2017US hopes to dialogue with Turkey over visa spat
- 13.10.2017Trump to announce US strategy on Iran on Friday: White House
- 13.10.2017Niger ambush that killed eight the work of new ISIL offshoot: Pentagon
- 13.10.2017US ready to return flags to Russia - State Department official
- 12.10.2017Mattis says U.S. will work to stay aligned with Turkey despite diplomatic tensions
- 12.10.2017US energy agency revises up oil price forecast
- 12.10.2017US: Fed officials split on interest rate increase
- 12.10.2017Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- 12.10.2017US ‘committed’ to restarting Mideast talks: Jordan king
- 12.10.2017Trump denies seeking nearly tenfold increase in U.S. nuclear arsenal
- 11.10.2017At least 13 killed in prison riot in northern Mexico
- 11.10.2017US: Turkey visa decision a 'coordinated effort'
- 11.10.2017Sears Canada to seek liquidation, then closure
- 11.10.2017Trump to announce broad Iran strategy this week: White House
- 10.10.2017Trump says he's likely to sign healthcare order this week
- 10.10.2017Texas Tech Police Officer Shot and Killed; Suspect in Custody
- 10.10.2017Oil prices climb after OPEC signals possible deal extension
- 07.10.2017Fed must hike rates in face of hot U.S. labor market: Rosengren
- 07.10.2017US: 3 men charged for Daesh-inspired plot attack in NY
- 07.10.2017Oil down 2 percent, breaks five-week rally as oversupply fears resurface
- 07.10.2017Trump to unveil new responses to Iranian 'bad behavior': White House
- 07.10.2017Pentagon says fourth U.S. soldier killed in Niger ambush
- 07.10.201722 dead in Central America from Tropical Storm Nate
- 06.10.2017Mexico warns U.S. against 'protectionist war,' peso weakens
- 06.10.2017UN approves resolution to verify Colombia cease-fire
- 06.10.2017Iran has not lived up to 'spirit' of nuclear deal: Trump
- 06.10.2017Two NASA astronauts finish 7-hour spacewalk
- 06.10.2017Trump expected to declare Iran noncompliant with nuclear deal
- 05.10.2017Brazilian Olympics chief arrested in bribery probe
- 05.10.2017Las Vegas gunman's girlfriend says she had 'no idea he was planning violence'
- 12.10.2017UN secretary general ‘deeply regrets’ US pulling out of UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Russian MoD delegation traveling to UN Headquarters denied US entry visas
- 13.10.2017Officers killed, schools on lockdown after North Carolina prison break
- 12.10.2017U.S. withdraws from UNESCO
- 12.10.2017At least 23 dead, hundreds missing as winds fan California wildfires
- 12.10.2017US officials ‘respectfully' took down Russian flags - State Department