Petition for Trump's impeachment reaches 1 million signatures
Billionaire Democratic activist Tom Steyer has received more than a million signatures in 10 days on his petition to impeach Donald Trump, APA reports quoting Independent.
The investor has poured millions of dollars into a national campaign of television and digital advertisements calling for Mr Trump's removal from office.
While impeachment proceedings are difficult to execute, the fact that Mr Steyer’s campaign has gained a significant amount of support over less than two weeks demonstrates the opposition to the President.
It is still uncertain whether the indictments of three former Trump aides, including Mr Trump’s ex-campaign chairman, by special counsel Robert Mueller will strengthen this resistance. Mr Mueller is currently investigating whether Trump campaign advisers colluded with the Russian government to influence the 2016 election.
“The Mueller indictments put us in a place where impeachment is firmly on the table ... from now on, every conversation about the administration has to include when he's going to be impeached,” Mr Steyer said in an interview with Axios.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Operation desert storm memorial to be built in Washington, DC
- 23.06.2018Trump urges Republican lawmakers to drop immigration bill until election
- 22.06.2018Trump prolongs sanctions against North Korea for another year
- 22.06.2018Venezuela to back OPEC + decisions aimed at stabilization of oil price
- 22.06.2018Pentagon asked to house up to 20,000 migrant children
- 22.06.2018US House rejects conservative immigration bill
- 21.06.2018Trump signs order halting separation of families
- 20.06.2018House to vote on Thursday on immigration bills
- 20.06.2018US withdraws from UN Human Rights Council
- 19.06.2018US, Russian top diplomats discuss Syria over phone
- 19.06.2018Trump orders creation of US 'Space Force'
- 17.06.2018Argentina to replace energy and production ministers
- 16.06.2018At least 17 dead in Venezuelan nightclub after tear gas blast
- 16.06.2018Kushner, Haley hold talks with UN chief on humanitarian needs in Gaza
- 16.06.2018U.S. warns Americans of terrorism threat at World Cup in Russia
- 16.06.2018Trump supports Republican immigration bills in U.S. House: White House
- 16.06.2018U.S. judge sends ex-Trump campaign head Manafort to jail pre-trial
- 16.06.2018Trump sets tariffs on $50 billion in Chinese goods; Beijing strikes back
- 15.06.2018Trump tells G7 leaders that Crimea is Russian
- 15.06.2018Pompeo says North Korea sanctions to remain until complete denuclearisation
- 15.06.2018UN calls for vital port of Hudaydah to stay open
- 15.06.2018Nicaragua president's foes stage nationwide strike
- 15.06.2018DoD Chief Mattis Discusses With S Korean Counterpart Results of Singapore Summit
- 15.06.2018US forces conduct airstrike in Libya, manage to kill one terrorist
- 14.06.2018Facebook's chief of communications, policy to step down
- 14.06.2018Norwegian politicians nominate Donald Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- 14.06.2018UN votes to condemn Israel's 'excessive force' against Gaza Protests
- 14.06.2018Top White House officials planning to quit
- 14.06.2018Volcanic ash forces Guatemala airport to suspend operations
- 14.06.2018Trump says summit removed North Korean nuclear threat
- 14.06.2018Antarctic thaw quickens, trillions of tonnes of ice raise sea levels
- 13.06.2018Trump, Iran spar over oil prices ahead of OPEC meeting
- 13.06.2018Trump says no war games while North Korea negotiates in good faith
- 13.06.2018New US sanctions will have no effect - Russia’s Foreign Ministry
- 13.06.2018Kim Jong-un, Donald Trump accept each other's visit invitations
- 12.06.2018UN Sec Gen: implementing agreements by US, North Korean leaders requires patience
- 12.06.2018US must sustain maximum economic pressure on Pyongyang - House Speaker
- 12.06.2018Trump top economic adviser suffers heart attack moments before Trump-Kim Summit
- 12.06.2018US sanctions new Russian entities over cyberattacks
- 12.06.2018US extradites former Panamanian president
- 01.11.2017New York attack suspect acted for IS according to note left in truck
- 01.11.2017Trump vows to Terminate Green Card lottery after NY attack
- 02.11.2017U.S. votes against U.N. resolution calling for end to Cuba embargo
- 01.11.2017Trump calls New York truck attacker 'very sick,' a 'deranged person'
- 01.11.2017Truck attack in Manhattan kills 8; mayor calls it act of terror - UPDATED - 2
- 31.10.2017Colombia to bomb FARC dissident groups