Over 14,000 people evacuated in Western Canada over wildfires
Thousands people are preparing to flee their homes, the CTV Vancouver News broadcaster reported on Monday.
On late Monday, the entire city of Williams Lake was reportedly placed on an evacuation alert over an approaching wildfire, APA reports quoting sputniknews.
At the moment the British Columbian officials cannot assess the damage caused by the ongoing wildfires triggered by dry and hot weather but the CTV broadcaster reported about devastating damages in the evacuated zones citing the aerial images.
Since the beginning of April a total of 572 wildfires have been registered in British Columbia with 258 of them caused by human activities. More than 1,000 firefighters are deployed to put out the blazes.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018Trump urges Mexico to block illegal immigrants from El Salvador
- 24.02.2018UNSC postpones vote on ceasefire proposal in Syria
- 24.02.2018NASA finds water could be widespread on moon
- 24.02.2018White House on lockdown after vehicle hits security barrier
- 24.02.2018Trump: If North Korea sanctions don't work, we go to 'Phase 2'
- 24.02.2018Trump campaign aide to plead guilty
- 24.02.2018U.S. ready to open Jerusalem embassy in May: State Department
- 23.02.2018U.S. expects to open Jerusalem embassy in May, officials say
- 23.02.2018U.S. imposes largest package of sanctions against North Korea
- 23.02.2018Trump administration to target North Korea with new sanctions on Friday
- 23.02.2018IAEA reaffirms Iran’s compliance with JCPOA in its new report
- 23.02.2018SpaceX launches internet satellite prototypes
- 23.02.2018Man dies after throwing explosive device at US Embassy in Montenegro
- 23.02.2018Oil prices climb after unexpected drawdown in U.S. crude stocks
- 23.02.2018Russian diplomats tried to export 400 kg of cocaine from Argentina
- 22.02.2018Charity boss resigns from Unicef
- 22.02.2018US: Melania Trump’s parents become US residents
- 22.02.2018U.S. SEC updates guidance on cyber attack disclosure for companies
- 21.02.2018US: students rally in Florida to stop school shootings
- 21.02.2018U.S.-led air strike in Somalia kills three al Shabaab militants: statement
- 21.02.2018US pledges closer cooperation with Turkey
- 21.02.2018Trump pushes for ban on gun 'bump stocks'
- 21.02.2018Trump phones Mexican president over copter crash
- 20.02.2018Pentagon prepares new ballistic missile defense review
- 19.02.2018Tillerson says new sanctions can be imposed on Russia
- 18.02.2018US to work with Turkey on liberated areas in Syria
- 18.02.2018Brazil to form public security ministry to battle rising crime
- 18.02.2018US charges 13 Russian nationals, 3 organizations with alleged meddling in 2016 election
- 17.02.2018Mexico helicopter crash kills 13 on ground in wake of earthquake
- 17.02.2018Helicopter with interior minister, governor crashes into van in Mexico, kills two
- 17.02.2018Flu killed 22 American children last week
- 17.02.2018Mexico hit by major earthquake of magnitude 7.5
- 17.02.2018FBI failed to investigate Florida shooter tip
- 16.02.2018US grand jury indicts 13 Russians for election meddling
- 16.02.2018John Kirby: "Tillerson breaks protocol by meeting Erdogan without translator"
- 16.02.2018Tillerson and Turkey's Erdogan had productive conversation: U.S. spokesman
- 16.02.2018US court says travel ban discriminates against Muslims
- 15.02.2018FBI was warned about Florida gunman
- 15.02.2018Avalanche kills three skiers in France
- 15.02.2018US and Russia dispute over Syria in UN Security Council
- 11.07.2017Seven Venezuelan National Guard servicemen injured by roadside explosion
- 12.07.2017U.S. Fed official backs balance sheet reduction soon
- 12.07.2017US Senate delays recess to work on health care bill
- 11.07.2017US military plane crashes in State of Mississippi, Kills 16
- 11.07.2017Trump administration delays startup visa rules
- 09.07.2017American college graduate beaten to death in Greece