NATO expresses concern over Russian missile system
“NATO urges Russia to address these concerns in a substantial and transparent way, and actively engage in a technical dialogue with the United States,” a statement read.
The U.S. accuses Moscow of violating the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty, which bans the production, possession or testing of a ground-fired cruise missile.
This treaty, which was reached between the United States and the Soviet Union in 1987, has been “crucial” to Euro-Atlantic security, according to the statement.
“The Alliance is united in its appreciation that effective arms control agreements remain an essential element to strategic stability and our collective security,” it added.
Related news releases
- 20.04.2018US president slams cartel OPEC over high oil prices
- 20.04.2018Time reveals 100 Most Influential People for 2018
- 20.04.2018Man linked to 9/11 attacks on U.S. captured in Syria
- 20.04.2018No intent to change Syria's strategic balance: Pentagon
- 20.04.2018Trudeau says recognizes NAFTA timeline, will stick up for Canada
- 20.04.2018Russian diplomat calls on US to show readiness for constructive dialogue
- 20.04.2018US State Dept warns Turkey of possible sanctions over S-400 purchase
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal has no plans to visit Armenia and Nagorno Karabakh
- 19.04.2018Trump: US taking care of Cuba following election of new president
- 19.04.2018Trump: Battle between US forces, Russian nationals in Syria month ago 'sad'
- 19.04.2018Trump, Japan's Abe agree to intensify trade talks
- 18.04.2018Castro nears retirement as Cuban president; successor proposed
- 18.04.2018Pompeo visits North Korea, forms 'good relationship with Kim', says Trump
- 18.04.2018Mike Pompeo, CIA chief, met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un
- 18.04.2018US, allies to be unable to dislodge Assad
- 18.04.2018Former First Lady Barbara Bush dies at the age of 92
- 17.04.2018Top NAFTA officials to meet in Washington Thursday
- 17.04.2018US-led coalition ready to share data with Russia on İSİL in Syria’s Abu Kamal
- 17.04.2018Syria says missiles fired at air base intercepted; Pentagon denies involvement
- 17.04.2018Trump administration delays new sanctions on Russia: official
- 17.04.2018U.S., Britain blame Russia for global cyber attack
- 17.04.2018U.S. bans American companies from selling to Chinese phone maker ZTE
- 16.04.2018U.S. military chiefs to brief Congress on Syria behind closed doors
- 16.04.20187 inmates dead, 17 injured after hours of rioting at South Carolina prison
- 15.04.2018UN chief warns of full-blown military escalation over Syria attacks
- 15.04.2018Pence calls for more action to isolate Venezuela's Maduro
- 14.04.2018UNSC fails to adopt Russia-drafted resolution condemning Syria strike
- 14.04.2018NATO calls on Damascus allies to exercise responsibility after US-Led attack
- 14.04.2018U.S. strikes cripple Syria's chemical weapons ability: Pentagon
- 14.04.2018Pentagon says strikes "successfully hit every target" in Syria
- 14.04.2018Donald Trump: Mission accomplished
- 14.04.2018US says it didn’t give Russia any advance warning about targets hit in Syria strikes
- 14.04.2018US has proof Syrian regime behind gas attack: Nauert
- 14.04.2018U.S., Britain, France launch air strikes in Syria
- 14.04.2018Trump, Abe to focus on North Korea in Florida talks: U.S. official
- 14.04.2018Trump says U.S. will only rejoin Pacific trade pact if terms are improved
- 14.04.2018Ecuadorean journalists held by Colombian rebels confirmed dead
- 14.04.2018U.S says Syria government was behind chemical weapon attack
- 13.04.2018Trump pardons former vice president's chief of staff
- 13.04.2018Russia U.N. envoy says United States, France and Britain want to oust Syrian government
- 16.12.2017Fed's Quarles to recuse himself from Wells Fargo matters
- 16.12.2017UN ready to become intermediary in talks with North Korea — secretary-general
- 16.12.2017Trump to propose ending rule allowing spouses of H-1B holders to work in U.S.
- 15.12.2017Tillerson: "US not to accept any preconditions for talks with North Korea"
- 15.12.2017Trump says US hopes to have more help from Russia on North Korea
- 15.12.2017Syria talks end without any achievements: UN envoy