Multiple tornadoes and widespread flooding as tropical storm Harvey grinds on - VİDEO
As Hurricane Harvey, now downgraded to Tropical Storm Harvey, grinds slowly through Texas, many tornadoes, as well as widespread floods due to record-breaking rainfall, are continuing to be reported in the region, APA reports quoting the NYT.
Following Friday's landfall of Hurricane Harvey, at the time a dangerous Category 4 storm, many affected regions have been declared disaster areas.
As the slow-moving storm continues to dump record-breaking amounts rain throughout the state, weather officials and local emergency services are warning of heavy flooding and tornadoes in the region. Several counties have reported rainfall levels at their highest since World War II.
As the storm, following predictions, stalls over the region, intense amounts of rainfall continue to hammer the area, and meteorologists are warning of another two days of the same conditions, which are likely to lead to extremely dangerous flood levels.
Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.
- 22.11.2017US sanctions Chinese, North Korean entities
- 22.11.2017Colombia protests Venezuelan military crossing border
- 21.11.2017UK welcomes Mugabe's resignation
- 21.11.2017Trump and Putin spoke by phone
- 21.11.2017US, Afghan forces launch anti-poppy operation
- 21.11.2017Missing Argentine submarine had reported electrical malfunction
- 20.11.2017US re-designates N Korea state sponsor of terrorism
- 19.11.2017Trump calls 'crooked' Hillary Clinton 'worst and biggest loser of all time'
- 18.11.20179 injured in large fire atop 6-story apartment building in New York
- 18.11.2017Argentine submarine goes missing for two days, major search op underway
- 18.11.2017Canada, Mexico try more flexibility as key NAFTA round opens
- 17.11.2017US official: If Turkey buys Russian systems, they can’t plug into NATO tech
- 17.11.2017Turkish businessman Reza Zarrab escapes knife attack in U.S. prison
- 17.11.2017Canadian senator dies on parliamentary trip in Colombia
- 17.11.2017South Dakota Keystone pipeline shut down after oil spill
- 17.11.2017UN Security Council rejects Russian draft on Syria chemical probe
- 17.11.2017The impeachment of President Donald Trump has officially begun
- 17.11.2017Fed's Williams calls for global rethink of monetary policy
- 17.11.2017US House passes tax reform bill, sends measure to Senate
- 16.11.2017Trump urges U.N. council to renew Syria chemical arms inquiry
- 16.11.2017More worries in Congress over cuts at U.S. State Department
- 16.11.2017US Democrats enter new articles to impeach Trump
- 15.11.2017Planned talks between Venezuelan opposition, government will not take place
- 15.11.2017U.S. security officials arrive in Israel to discuss Syria agreement
- 15.11.2017US FDA approves first 'digital pill'
- 15.11.2017Death toll as a result of a gunman in California fired at school reached - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017De Mistura: Putin, Trump create qualitatively new situation in Syrian settlement
- 14.11.2017At least 3 dead in California school shooting, shooter killed by police
- 14.11.2017Trump vows free and open Indo-Pacific region
- 14.11.2017US Army lifts ban on recruits with mental health history
- 12.11.2017Six people killed in bus-hearse crash in Mexico
- 12.11.2017Geneva talks should be the only platform for Syrian settlement - State Department
- 12.11.2017Mass graves discovered near Hawija in Iraq
- 12.11.2017Venezuela sets high-profile location for Monday debt talks
- 11.11.2017APEC ministers publish joint statement after wrangling over language
- 11.11.2017Oil prices slide after U.S. drillers add rigs
- 10.11.2017Colombia 'committed' to deal with FARC
- 10.11.2017Turkish premier urges US to extradite FETO leader
- 10.11.2017State Dept. denies report top envoys being depleted
- 09.11.2017US imposes sanctions on Venezuela: Senior gov't officials on the list
- 27.08.2017100th police officer killed in Brazil's Rio state in 2017
- 27.08.2017Venezuelan army, civil militias hold exercises after Trump threat
- 28.08.2017Canada PM says nothing new about Trump's threat against NAFTA
- 27.08.2017Trump promoting 'textbook racism' by pardoning Arpaio: Cummings
- 26.08.2017Powerful US hurricane weakens after massive damage
- 26.08.2017An unknown man with a knife attacked passers-by in Maeseille, three wounded