Mexico gun attack on children's party in Tizayuca kills 11
Masked men burst into a children's birthday party in the Mexican city of Tizayuca in central Hidalgo state, killing 11, APA reports quoting BBC.
Police said they had found three children alive at the scene but all 11 adults at the party had been shot dead.
It had taken place in a tent set up by the host outside their home in a residential area of the city.
Mexico has recently seen a surge in violence linked to disputes between drug cartels.
In May alone, 2,186 killings were recorded - approximately 70 a day.
A recent trend has seen hit men murdering whole families, including children.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017US to pay 'high cost' if it leaves Iran deal: Rouhani
- 19.09.2017Powerful Hurricane Maria targets Caribbean, Puerto Rico
- 19.09.2017US Senate overwhelmingly approves defense spending bill
- 19.09.2017Xi and Trump discuss sanctions pressure on North Korea: White House
- 18.09.2017France defends Iran nuclear deal, Trump to decide soon
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended Political Declaration for UN Reform High Level Event in New York
- 18.09.2017128 Nations Sign US Declaration on Reform of United Nations
- 18.09.2017UN stunted by 'bureaucracy and mismanagement': Trump
- 17.09.2017US denies U-turn on climate deal
- 17.09.2017UN Security Council to hold ministerial meeting on non-proliferation next week
- 17.09.2017Jets strike U.S.-backed forces in eastern Syria
- 17.09.2017St Louis police killing: 30 arrests after acquittal protests
- 16.09.2017Venezuela's Maduro upbeat on talks, opposition fear 'show'
- 16.09.2017Police arrest man at Dover port, search house in London bomb manhunt
- 16.09.2017US Hurricanes Expose Vulnerabilities of Bank Infrastructure
- 16.09.2017World’s oldest person dies
- 16.09.2017UN Security Council condemns DPRK over missile launch, stresses political solution
- 16.09.2017State Department describes plans for cuts, offers few specifics: sources
- 16.09.2017North Korea's nuke program won't end until 'equilibrium of real force' achieved
- 16.09.2017NASA ends Cassini’s mission orbiting Saturn
- 16.09.2017After new missile test, U.S. says North Korea threatens whole world
- 16.09.2017Brazil president faces racketeering, obstruction of justice charges
- 15.09.2017Trump signs resolution condemning white supremacists
- 15.09.2017UN chief condemns North Korea’s latest missile test
- 15.09.2017Trump says internet must be ‘cut off’ to stop further terror attacks
- 15.09.2017UN Security Council to meet amid North Korea’s missile launch
- 15.09.20171 soldier killed, 7 wounded at U.S. military base
- 15.09.2017Hurricane Max downgraded to tropical storm, moves inland over Mexico
- 15.09.2017Trump repeats equivocal Charlottesville rhetoric after meeting with black senator
- 15.09.2017American fighting for ISIL captured in Syria
- 15.09.2017Lawsuit accuses Google of discriminating against women in pay, promotions
- 14.09.2017Tillerson urges more pressure on North Korea
- 14.09.2017Trump says he is close to a deal with Democrats on immigration
- 14.09.2017US imposes new Iran sanctions over ballistic missile program, 'cyberattacks' - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Trump administration orders purge of Kaspersky products from U.S. government
- 14.09.2017Gunman in Washington state high school shooting was student - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Training accident leaves 15 US marines injured at Camp Pendleton
- 13.09.2017Trump administration sued over warrantless searches
- 13.09.2017US notes positively Mehman Aliyev’s release
- 13.09.2017U.N.'s Guterres calls on Myanmar to end violence
- 15.07.2017Trump, Saudi king discuss resolution of Qatar row
- 15.07.2017US cannot confirm Daesh leader Baghdadi’s death
- 15.07.2017Oil up 1 percent, posts weekly gain of 5 percent
- 14.07.2017Trump says he would invite Putin to White House, but not now
- 14.07.2017US: Qatar crisis may take long time to resolve despite subtle Progress
- 13.07.2017Yellen says 3 percent U.S. growth 'quite challenging' in coming years