Man detained after hopping bike-rack barrier near White House
A man was detained on Saturday after hopping over a bike-rack barrier along the north fence of the White House, according to local media, APA reports quoting ABC.
The unidentified man, who was being questioned, did not make it over the White House fence, ABC News reported.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer also confirmed on the twitter that the individual jumped a bike rack on Pennsylvania Ave., Washington D.C., not the White House fence.
The person reportedly wanted to deliver a letter to someone in the Trump administration, according to ABC News.
Saturday's incident comes after a man with backpack breached the White House grounds last week, who claimed that he was a friend of U.S. President Donald Trump.
That suspect was taken into custody after spending about 16 minutes on the grounds, the Secret Service said in a statement on Friday, adding that the investigation was still ongoing.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Hillary Clinton says U.S. threats of war with North Korea 'dangerous, short-sighted'
- 18.10.2017More than 90 percent of Raqqa liberated: Pentagon
- 18.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro defends disputed vote, opposition divided
- 18.10.2017US senators reach tentative health care deal
- 18.10.2017George Saunders wins the Man Booker prize for his novel Lincoln in the Bardo
- 17.10.2017US to 'not take sides' in Iraqi-Kurdish dispute: Trump
- 17.10.2017US forces kill dozens of Daesh fighters in Yemen
- 15.10.2017Powerful Hurricane Ophelia heads toward Ireland
- 15.10.2017Approach to Iran exposes growing irritation between U.S. and allies
- 14.10.2017Magnitude 5.4 quake rumbles southern Mexico, no reports of damage
- 14.10.2017Mattis says U.S. working to ensure situation around Kirkuk does not escalate
- 13.10.2017Donald Trump makes a statement on new Iranian strategy
- 13.10.2017US adds Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps to sanctions list
- 13.10.2017Trump strikes blow against Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
- 13.10.2017Tillerson: Trump to stay in Iran nuclear deal, but decertify Tehran's compliance
- 13.10.2017US hopes to dialogue with Turkey over visa spat
- 13.10.2017Trump to announce US strategy on Iran on Friday: White House
- 13.10.2017Niger ambush that killed eight the work of new ISIL offshoot: Pentagon
- 13.10.2017US ready to return flags to Russia - State Department official
- 13.10.2017Officers killed, schools on lockdown after North Carolina prison break
- 12.10.2017Russian MoD delegation traveling to UN Headquarters denied US entry visas
- 12.10.2017UN secretary general ‘deeply regrets’ US pulling out of UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Trump signs executive order changing affordable Care Act Healthcare Insurance rules
- 12.10.2017U.S. withdraws from UNESCO
- 12.10.2017At least 23 dead, hundreds missing as winds fan California wildfires
- 12.10.2017US officials ‘respectfully' took down Russian flags - State Department
- 12.10.2017Mattis says U.S. will work to stay aligned with Turkey despite diplomatic tensions
- 12.10.2017US energy agency revises up oil price forecast
- 12.10.2017US: Fed officials split on interest rate increase
- 12.10.2017Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- 12.10.2017US ‘committed’ to restarting Mideast talks: Jordan king
- 12.10.2017Trump denies seeking nearly tenfold increase in U.S. nuclear arsenal
- 11.10.2017At least 13 killed in prison riot in northern Mexico
- 11.10.2017US: Turkey visa decision a 'coordinated effort'
- 11.10.2017Sears Canada to seek liquidation, then closure
- 11.10.2017Trump to announce broad Iran strategy this week: White House
- 10.10.2017Trump says he's likely to sign healthcare order this week
- 10.10.2017Texas Tech Police Officer Shot and Killed; Suspect in Custody
- 10.10.2017Oil prices climb after OPEC signals possible deal extension
- 07.10.2017Fed must hike rates in face of hot U.S. labor market: Rosengren
- 19.03.2017Venezuela prison mass grave yields 15 corpses, three headless
- 19.03.2017Legendary Rock'n'Roll icon Chuck Berry dies at 90
- 19.03.2017Trump wants to build 30-foot-high wall at Mexican border
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response