Man detained after hopping bike-rack barrier near White House
A man was detained on Saturday after hopping over a bike-rack barrier along the north fence of the White House, according to local media, APA reports quoting ABC.
The unidentified man, who was being questioned, did not make it over the White House fence, ABC News reported.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer also confirmed on the twitter that the individual jumped a bike rack on Pennsylvania Ave., Washington D.C., not the White House fence.
The person reportedly wanted to deliver a letter to someone in the Trump administration, according to ABC News.
Saturday's incident comes after a man with backpack breached the White House grounds last week, who claimed that he was a friend of U.S. President Donald Trump.
That suspect was taken into custody after spending about 16 minutes on the grounds, the Secret Service said in a statement on Friday, adding that the investigation was still ongoing.
Related news releases
- 31.03.2017Canada mosque closes door on notorious past
- 31.03.2017Israeli cabinet approves first West Bank settlement in 20 years
- 30.03.2017NATO welcomes Tillerson's Ankara visit
- 30.03.2017Texas church bus crash: 13 killed, 2 injured in collision with pickup truck
- 30.03.2017Hawaii judge indefinitely extends order blocking Trump's revised travel ban
- 30.03.2017US soldier dies in northern Syria
- 30.03.2017State Department employee charged in making contacts with Chinese agents
- 29.03.2017US Congress votes to scrap Internet privacy protections
- 29.03.2017Plane catches fire on landing in Peru, passengers safe - VİDEO
- 29.03.2017First US goal at NATO summit to convince allies to boost defense spending
- 29.03.2017Trump signs order sweeping away Obama-era climate policies
- 28.03.2017Head of US intelligence inquiry refuses to step aside
- 28.03.2017UN chief calls for continued support to Jordan to aid Syrian refugees
- 28.03.2017White House under lock down after package found
- 28.03.2017Texas Attorney General leads 13-state coalition backing Trump travel ban
- 28.03.2017Tillerson to meet Erdogan during visit to Turkey this week - US State Department
- 27.03.2017White House establishing office of innovation to streamline US Government
- 27.03.2017UN Secretary General's spokesman denies de Mistura resignation rumors
- 26.03.2017Powerful explosion injures 15 people in the UK
- 26.03.2017UN urges Russia, Turkey, Iran to uphold Syria ceasefire
- 26.03.2017Trump tastes failure as U.S. House healthcare bill collapses
- 26.03.2017Uber suspends self-driving car program after Arizona crash
- 25.03.2017US sanctions 8 Russian companies over non-proliferation law
- 25.03.2017U.S. sanctions 30 firms, individuals for aiding Iran, North Korea arms programs
- 25.03.2017GOP House leader addresses media after health care replacement bill pulled
- 24.03.2017Italian Eni finds promising oil reserves off Mexican coast
- 24.03.2017Venezuela to withdraw troops after Colombia border crossing
- 24.03.2017UN Security Council calls for immediate efforts to honor permanent truce in South Sudan
- 24.03.2017State Department to approve Keystone pipeline permit on Friday
- 23.03.2017US Senate Confirms Trump Nominee David Friedman to Be US Ambassador to Israel
- 23.03.2017Belgian police arrest man after car attack attempt
- 23.03.2017Empty cartridges 4 people killed in series of shootings in US
- 23.03.2017US Secretary of State: 'I did not want this job'
- 17.03.2017US considers Syria-Israel fire exchange to be bilateral matter - Pentagon
- 17.03.2017Iran sentences daughter of late president to jail for second time
- 17.03.2017McDonald's deletes Trump tweet, says Twitter account compromised
- 16.03.2017U.S. Secretary of State to visit Turkey on March 30
- 16.03.2017Treasury's Mnuchin says Trump doesn't want trade wars
- 16.03.2017Trump – only US president who has 8-year plan: government consultant
- 16.03.2017Hawaii judge halts Trump's new travel ban before it can go into effect
- 19.03.2017Venezuela prison mass grave yields 15 corpses, three headless
- 19.03.2017Legendary Rock'n'Roll icon Chuck Berry dies at 90
- 19.03.2017Trump wants to build 30-foot-high wall at Mexican border
- 18.03.2017Trump: US ideally seeks peaceful solution to Ukraine conflict
- 18.03.2017In first Trump-Merkel meeting, awkward body language and a quip
- 17.03.2017Tillerson delivers stark warning to North Korea of possible military response