Las Vegas shooting suspect identified
The suspected gunman in the Las Vegas shooting has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock from Mesquite, Nevada, according to NBC News.
Over 20 people died and more than 100 were injured after a gunm an opened fire at the Route 91 Harvest country music festival which was taking place across the road from Mandalay Bay on the famous Las Vegas Strip.
Police said a suspect was apprehended on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel where he died.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) Sheriff Joseph Lombardo said that a person who was seen sitting with the suspected shooter in a car before the incident is still at large. Lombardo said that the person of interest is Marilou Danley, who he described as an Asian female who is 4 foot and 11 inches tall.
NBC News said that police described Danley as his companion and she was living with him. The police are also searching Paddock's house.
Paddock was not known to the federal authorities, but was known to local law enforcement, according to NBC News.
He has no known connection to terrorism and police have not called the shooting a terrorist attack, according to the news agency.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Trump plans to release classified JFK documents
- 21.10.2017US: Raqqa’s liberation marks 'beginning of a new phase'
- 20.10.2017Trump orders administration to deter conflict with Russia
- 20.10.2017City schools to begin controversial supplement in Brazil
- 19.10.2017Brazil Parliament Committee recommends dismissing charges against Temer
- 19.10.2017US: Visa talks with Turkey are productive
- 19.10.2017Ford to recall 1.34 million trucks in North America for door latch fix
- 19.10.2017Tillerson to visit Pakistan as well as India: senior U.S. official
- 18.10.2017US: 3 dead, 2 injured in Maryland shooting
- 18.10.2017Tillerson expresses support for Iraq’s unity
- 18.10.2017Hillary Clinton says U.S. threats of war with North Korea 'dangerous, short-sighted'
- 18.10.2017More than 90 percent of Raqqa liberated: Pentagon
- 18.10.2017Venezuela's Maduro defends disputed vote, opposition divided
- 18.10.2017US senators reach tentative health care deal
- 18.10.2017George Saunders wins the Man Booker prize for his novel Lincoln in the Bardo
- 17.10.2017US to 'not take sides' in Iraqi-Kurdish dispute: Trump
- 17.10.2017US forces kill dozens of Daesh fighters in Yemen
- 15.10.2017Powerful Hurricane Ophelia heads toward Ireland
- 15.10.2017Approach to Iran exposes growing irritation between U.S. and allies
- 14.10.2017Magnitude 5.4 quake rumbles southern Mexico, no reports of damage
- 14.10.2017Mattis says U.S. working to ensure situation around Kirkuk does not escalate
- 13.10.2017Donald Trump makes a statement on new Iranian strategy
- 13.10.2017US adds Iranian Revolutionary Guard corps to sanctions list
- 13.10.2017Trump strikes blow against Iran nuclear deal in major U.S. policy shift
- 13.10.2017Tillerson: Trump to stay in Iran nuclear deal, but decertify Tehran's compliance
- 13.10.2017US hopes to dialogue with Turkey over visa spat
- 13.10.2017Trump to announce US strategy on Iran on Friday: White House
- 13.10.2017Niger ambush that killed eight the work of new ISIL offshoot: Pentagon
- 13.10.2017US ready to return flags to Russia - State Department official
- 13.10.2017Officers killed, schools on lockdown after North Carolina prison break
- 12.10.2017Russian MoD delegation traveling to UN Headquarters denied US entry visas
- 12.10.2017UN secretary general ‘deeply regrets’ US pulling out of UNESCO
- 12.10.2017Trump signs executive order changing affordable Care Act Healthcare Insurance rules
- 12.10.2017U.S. withdraws from UNESCO
- 12.10.2017At least 23 dead, hundreds missing as winds fan California wildfires
- 12.10.2017US officials ‘respectfully' took down Russian flags - State Department
- 12.10.2017Mattis says U.S. will work to stay aligned with Turkey despite diplomatic tensions
- 12.10.2017US energy agency revises up oil price forecast
- 12.10.2017US: Fed officials split on interest rate increase
- 12.10.2017Trump says could envision trade deal with Canada without Mexico
- 02.10.2017Las Vegas shooting leaves more than 50 dead, over 100 injured - UPDATED
- 02.10.2017Islamic state claims responsibility for Las Vegas shooting
- 02.10.2017Donald Trump sends 'warmest condolences' after Las Vegas shooting
- 02.10.2017Las Vegas police search for female roommate of gunman
- 30.09.2017U.S. directly communicating with North Korea, seeks dialogue
- 30.09.2017Trump lashes out at San Juan mayor over Maria response