Fed says Yellen was hospitalized for a few days, returning to work this week
Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen was hospitalized over the weekend to treat a urinary tract infection while she was vacationing with her family in London, the Fed said in a statement on Monday, APA reports quoting Reuters.
"She was admitted Friday and released Monday," the Fed said. "She is returning to Washington, D.C., and expects to resume her schedule as planned this week."
It was unclear how serious Yellen's condition was.
Yellen, who is 70 years old and the most powerful figure in world finance, had a health scare in 2015, receiving emergency medical attention following a speech during which she appeared to lose concentration. Following that episode, the Fed said Yellen felt dehydrated after speaking for nearly an hour.
There was no indication of any relation between the two health incidents.
Last week, Yellen was in London for a conference on Tuesday and then stayed in the city for a vacation with her family, according to the Fed statement
Related news releases
- 19.01.2018Car plows into crowd in Rio de Janeiro, 15 injured
- 19.01.2018Ex-CIA Director Stansfield Turner dead at 94; served under Carter
- 19.01.2018US House appoves short-term spending bill, avoid shutdown
- 19.01.2018US army tests secure Wi-Fi to increase troop ‘mobility and flexibility’
- 19.01.2018US calls on Turkey not to take action in Syria’s Afrin
- 18.01.2018UN issues list of 5 alternative names for Macedonia
- 18.01.2018Train crashes in Mexico City suburb, killing at least five
- 18.01.2018Trump denies U.S. embassy to be moved to Jerusalem within a year
- 18.01.2018Trump accuses Russia of helping North Korea evade sanctions; says U.S. needs more missile defense
- 18.01.2018At least 5 dead as winter storm wracks southern US
- 18.01.2018US will consider Turkey’s concerns about PKK: Tillerson
- 18.01.2018U.S. signals open-ended presence in Syria
- 17.01.2018Venezuela helicopter pilot Oscar Pérez killed in raid
- 17.01.2018U.S.-led meeting urges North Korea pressure despite North-South detente
- 17.01.2018Internal solution to Syria would be better: UN chief
- 17.01.2018US withholds $65M aid to Palestine: State Dept
- 17.01.2018Trump administration to appeal 'Dreamer' immigrant ruling
- 16.01.2018At least seven killed in military helicopter crash in Colombia - Army
- 16.01.2018US president hails Qatar anti-terror role
- 15.01.2018Russia’s Lavrov slams US statements on Iran nuclear deal
- 14.01.201813 dead, 39 hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Brazil
- 14.01.2018False missile alert sparks Hawaii panic
- 14.01.2018Trump, Lighthizer discuss China, NAFTA trade talks: White House
- 13.01.2018General Motors reveals self-driving car without steering wheel - VİDEO
- 13.01.2018Florida monkeys to be evicted after study finds they carry lethal Herpes B virus
- 13.01.2018Death toll from California mudslides climbs to 18
- 13.01.2018Food riots in Venezuela leave four dead, 16 wounded
- 13.01.2018Trump should apologize for any vulgar language, says Haiti's ambassador to U.S.
- 13.01.2018U.S. sanctions head of Iran's judiciary, others, over human rights abuses
- 13.01.2018Reluctant Trump grants sanctions relief to Iran one last time
- 12.01.2018Trump uses vulgarity in describing Haiti, African nations
- 12.01.2018Zuckerberg announces new changes to Facebook
- 12.01.2018Trump says he has a "very good relationship" with Kim Jong Un
- 12.01.2018Key Fed official slams U.S. tax cuts for imperiling economy
- 12.01.2018US Treasury to impose new sanctions on Iran
- 11.01.2018Trump to attend Davos economic forum: White House
- 11.01.2018State Dep't: US to fight Iran's presence in Syria with aggressive sanctions
- 11.01.2018Trump says US could stay in Paris climate accord
- 11.01.2018Death toll rises to 17 in California mudslides
- 11.01.2018US: Pence to head delegation to South Korea Olympics
- 05.07.2017Venezuela's dissident state prosecutor expects to be fired
- 05.07.2017UN Security Council’s meeting on N.Korea to take place wednesday – US Mission
- 05.07.2017Rex Tillerson: "North Korea's ICBM is new escalation of the threat" to the US and the world"
- 03.07.2017US: Vehicle plows into several pedestrians in Boston
- 02.07.2017Nineteen dead after shootouts with police in Mexico's Sinaloa state
- 01.07.2017Arkansas nightclub shooting leaves many wounded